Forecast: Gaming Drought ?

siggma

n00b
With the release of so many games in the past month or so it seems like this boom has started to die down. Many anticipated titles were released, such as, Assassin's Creed, Crysis, Call of Duty 4, Mario Galaxy,UT3, Mass Effect, Guitar Hero 3, Rock Band, and the Orange Box. Maybe I haven't looked hard enough, but am I the only one who isn't anticipating a release that is coming out in the next several months? The only release I'm going crazy over is Super Smash Bros. Brawl, but beyond that there's nothing. Hopefully all these new titles will busy me till more games are announced. The good news is that I won't have to worry about upgrading my PC, as I was barely able to buckle my budget down these last few months.

So, What do you guys think ?

I think you havent been around long. This happens every single year. They want to launch as many games in the holiday season as they can. The Sping/Summer is the dry season, so to speak.

In short, its nothing new.

The Orange Box 2! Yeah right. I want more cake!

Well I don't mind. By the time I buy all the games that were recently released there will hopefully be another large selection of blockbusters.

I think you havent been around long. This happens every single year. They want to launch as many games in the holiday season as they can. The Sping/Summer is the dry season, so to speak.

In short, its nothing new.

QFT!

Grand Theft Auto 4?

That's what I was going to say. Supposedly March or April of '08. Bigger than any other game mentioned in this thread.

Metal Gear Solid 4 will be out around that time too. Although it's exclusive so it won't be as huge.

With the release of so many games in the past month or so it seems like this boom has started to die down. Many anticipated titles were released, such as, Assassin's Creed, Crysis, Call of Duty 4, Mario Galaxy,UT3, Mass Effect, Guitar Hero 3, Rock Band, and the Orange Box. Maybe I haven't looked hard enough, but am I the only one who isn't anticipating a release that is coming out in the next several months? The only release I'm going crazy over is Super Smash Bros. Brawl, but beyond that there's nothing. Hopefully all these new titles will busy me till more games are announced. The good news is that I won't have to worry about upgrading my PC, as I was barely able to buckle my budget down these last few months.

So, What do you guys think ?

I'm guessing your an PC/X360/Wii combo?

And what does "next several months" mean to you.

See my PC is out of date, and the only console I have is a PS3/DreamCast... so this is what I'm looking forward to.

December 10, 2007 BlackSite: Area 51
December 10, 2007 Unreal Tournament III
January 2008 Frontlines: Fuel of War
January 2008 Silent Hill 5
January 2008 Turning Point: Fall of Liberty
February 2008 Battlefield: Bad Company
February 2008 Devil May Cry 4
February 2008 Dynasty Warriors 6
February 2008 Killzone 2
February 2008 LittleBigPlanet
February 2008 Turok
March 2008 Army of Two
Q1 2008 Haze

The games bolded are ones I'm really looking forward to.

I'm still looking forward to PC releases of:

Assassins Creed
Left 4 Dead
Spore
Brothers in Arms Hell's Highway
GTA:4
Far Cry 2
Splinter Cell: (somethingorother - the new one)
Fallout 3
HL2 Episode3

Some of these are early 08 such as Assassins Creed and L4D, others are likely to be later into 08 but at least it shows that there is still a pipeline of what look to be incredibly good games still in the works.

January 2008 Silent Hill 5
February 2008 Killzone 2

The games bolded are ones I'm really looking forward to.

See now I hate you! I thought my wallet was going to heal!!! :(

February 2008 Killzone 2
February 2008 Turok

Is KZ2 confirmed for Feb ? Last I heard it was still TBA 2008. Still a lot of amazing games coming before next summer. I'm looking forward to GTA4 the most. Followed by MGS4.

Funny, I haven't even looked at future games. Still working on games from the past few months. Ok back to Overlord... ;)

It's only a 'drought' if you bought and aggressively played/finished all the good games as soon as they were released.

There's no need to be 'that kid' who gets the game first and posts a finished walkthrough for youtube on release day.

Pace yourself. :cool:

I'm one who prefers to take my time with games, so I welcome the seasonal gaming drought. It gives me a chance to get into all the games I bought the previous year before the next crop of games are released.

I'm one who prefers to take my time with games, so I welcome the seasonal gaming drought. It gives me a chance to get into all the games I bought the previous year before the next crop of games are released.

Lol, that is how I am.
I have:
Bioshock - beat the first 20 mins of
Orange Box - Haven't even touched, TF2 played some
COD4 - did 0.5 missions in SP, MP lvl 55 :)
Crysis - fuckin garbage, might play though
Gears of War - on act 3
World In Conflict - meh, might just sell.

I buy games, look at them, go back to what I usually play on very limited time that I have (LOTRO recently, COD4 MP). Then, after the holiday season, I try to beat the games off one by one.

Crysis - fuckin garbage, might play though

If you don't want it you can send it to me. :)

I'm glad the big releases are over. I'm working my way through Mass Effect at the moment, and after that i think I'll finally be able to dig into The Witcher. I also wanna go back and see if I can get through CoD4 on Veteran. The only game I'm really looking forward to is GTA4 so I have time to catch up on anything else I miss and go back and get some more achievements on my 360 games.

Yeesh...I almost hope there's a drought. I'm already going broke and not getting homework done like I should. And I haven't even replaced my video card and started in on the last few PC releases, either. :eek:

2008 Q1-2

Metal Gear Solid 4

Grand Theft Auto 4

Devil May Cry 4

(damn lots of 4s)

Maybe we'll see FF XIII in 2008.

2008 Q1-2

Metal Gear Solid 4

Grand Theft Auto 4

Devil May Cry 4

(damn lots of 4s)

Maybe we'll see FF XIII in 2008.

Can't believe I forgot about MGS4 heh. But FXIII isn't happening 2008. Square already reported 2009

Yeah and if you already played all the games from the last rush that would put you around 450$ in 1 1/2 mo. on video games. Basically what I pay in rent for a month and a half. :p

Yeah and if you already played all the games from the last rush that would put you around 450$ in 1 1/2 mo. on video games. Basically what I pay in rent for a month and a half. :p

Must be living in a ghetto :D.
Indeed, all of the games that we were so hyped about, pc wise at least, are for the most part good, but it did put a dent in our pockets. :(

Must be living in a ghetto :D.
Indeed, all of the games that we were so hyped about, pc wise at least, are for the most part good, but it did put a dent in our pockets. :(

Nope. Just three full size dudes in a two bedroom apartment. At least I don't have sleep in the closet like one of my roommates.

I'm going now to finish episode 2!

Nope. Just three full size dudes in a two bedroom apartment. At least I don't have sleep in the closet like one of my roommates.

I'm going now to finish episode 2!

Closet eh? That must really suck. Well, low rent FTW :)

Closet eh? That must really suck. Well, low rent FTW :)

I welcome a drout. Like already stated I have a back log of games to finish that I take my time on. Know I just need to kill the last boss in bioshock to complete that and I am currently playing crysis. Not to mention I have to jump ship to intel in the next 3 months so I can get more stable performance to play freaking oblivion.

The only games I am looking forward to are on the PC and are...

GTA 4
Storm of war: Battles over Britain
PES: 2008 (first time ever looking forward to a soccer game)

And I still have to pick up the Witcher and maybe WIC

I welcome a drout. Like already stated I have a back log of games to finish that I take my time on. Know I just need to kill the last boss in bioshock to complete that and I am currently playing crysis. Not to mention I have to jump ship to intel in the next 3 months so I can get more stable performance to play freaking oblivion.

The only games I am looking forward to are on the PC and are...

GTA 4
Storm of war: Battles over Britain
PES: 2008 (first time ever looking forward to a soccer game)

And I still have to pick up the Witcher and maybe WIC

Battlers over Britain was an excellent title with shitty land visuals :( I would buy the expansion. Brothers in Arm's could be quite good, I just hope that the graphics make it out of the closet this time. :rolleyes:

non-CA and NY rent ftw

Uh....non-Alberta (Canada) rent also...
Two-bedroom apartments for $1200 have started to look reasonable. I know someone paying $800 for a medium-sized one-bedrom apartment, and someone else paying $1400 for a three-bedroom.

I, thankfully, live in a co-op, and get a dual-unit of six bedrooms for very reasonable rates.

I think we're under 1% vacancy now, and our economy's still insane.

The game I most look forward to in 2008:

EMPIRE: TOTAL WAR (Total War with Guns).:D

It all hinges on them pulling the naval battles off correctly. The late cannon sure were fun in M:TWII. :D

Its important, but frankly I am more interested by land battles. What I want is the game Imperial Glory should have been.

non-CA and NY rent ftw

Haha, you are correct sir. A nice two bedroom apartment here in Lincoln, Nebraska is around 650-700$. :D

I forgot about Spore. I really lost a lot of desire to play it after the 12 month push back or whatever. I'll still get it though. It looks amazing.

Uh....non-Alberta (Canada) rent also...
Two-bedroom apartments for $1200 have started to look reasonable. I know someone paying $800 for a medium-sized one-bedrom apartment, and someone else paying $1400 for a three-bedroom.

I, thankfully, live in a co-op, and get a dual-unit of six bedrooms for very reasonable rates.

I think we're under 1% vacancy now, and our economy's still insane.

Even if thats in American dollars, its still worlds cheaper than the other 2 places mentioned. I live around dc and its $1000-1200 for a one bedroom. $800 is a full 25-50% cheaper.

Battlers over Britain was an excellent title with shitty land visuals :( I would buy the expansion. Brothers in Arm's could be quite good, I just hope that the graphics make it out of the closet this time. :rolleyes:

Sorry but the Battles over Britain I am talking about is the sequal to IL-2 Sturmovik

I pay $825 for a 1 bed-room in Austin TX. 1100 sq ft. + bills (water/elec/cell phone/credit cards/food/gas) :( Thank god my body knows how to replace my liver everytime I donate it to buy a game :p

btw, the games I listed was for 1 quater of the year... I wasn't about to list off all the games of 08'... :p

Back