Menelmarar
Supreme [H]ardness
- Joined
- Feb 15, 2001
- Messages
- 5,472
My 9700PRO died and I'm having to RMA it yet again
. No worries though, have a BFG 6800GT 256MB on the way
.
In the meantime, I uninstalled Catalyst, rebooted to safe mode to run Driver Cleaner, and I pulled my old Geforce2 PRO 64MB out of my sister's old computer, she doesn't use it anymore.
I went to nvidia.com and clicked "Download Drivers", then in the secltion boxes clicked the option "Graphcis Driver" --> "GeForce and TNT2" --> "Windows XP/2000". Showed a download for forceware 77.77. When I try to install it, an error is thrown and it returns this message: "The nVidia setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit"
I thought they claimed they had a unified driver archetecture like ATI? last time I needed to install driver on an old Radeion 7000 the regular catalyst intaller worked fine. What gives with nvidia? How do I get drivers that work?

In the meantime, I uninstalled Catalyst, rebooted to safe mode to run Driver Cleaner, and I pulled my old Geforce2 PRO 64MB out of my sister's old computer, she doesn't use it anymore.
I went to nvidia.com and clicked "Download Drivers", then in the secltion boxes clicked the option "Graphcis Driver" --> "GeForce and TNT2" --> "Windows XP/2000". Showed a download for forceware 77.77. When I try to install it, an error is thrown and it returns this message: "The nVidia setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit"
I thought they claimed they had a unified driver archetecture like ATI? last time I needed to install driver on an old Radeion 7000 the regular catalyst intaller worked fine. What gives with nvidia? How do I get drivers that work?