ForceWare 81.95 WHQL Certified Drivers Released!

The following are changes made and issues resolved since driver version 81.94:

Single GPU Issues Resolved

• There is a possible incompatibility between the ForceWare graphics
driver and the current WDM driver.

• GeForce 7 Series: Modifying any Performance and Quality Setting
using the system tray icon turns off Gamma and Transparency
Antialiasing.

• GeForce 6800 Ultra: Textures are corrupted upon the first time
entering a zone in Guild Wars.

SLI-Related Issues Resolved

• GeForce 6 and 7 series, SLI: Updated F.E.A.R. SLI profile to achieve
better SLI performance and compatibility.

• GeForce 6600, SLI: Blue-screen crash occurs when starting a new
game in Civilization 4 with antialiasing enabled in the NVIDIA
control panel.

Also, please note that the 81.95 driver is not for those people running Windows XP Media Center Edition; the Win32 version of the driver is only for those users running regular Windows XP Professional or Windows XP Home Edition. Users of Windows XP Media Center Edition should continue to use the 77.79 drivers (the latest WHQL driver for that OS).

E4g1e said:
Also, please note that the 81.95 driver is not for those people running Windows XP Media Center Edition; the Win32 version of the driver is only for those users running regular Windows XP Professional or Windows XP Home Edition. Users of Windows XP Media Center Edition should continue to use the 77.79 drivers (the latest WHQL driver for that OS).

I've always used the regular XP drivers on my MCE machine with no problems. Also, the front page of the release notes for 81.95 say Windows XP Media Center Edition. So it should be fine.

54YW4T said:
Downloading......lets see how this goes with my 6800gs....
Yes! Please give us a benchmark of one of your favorite games...I always like to hear from people who have the graphics card themselves. ;)

E4g1e: thanks for the heads up, on behalf of my gaming friends. :)

1c3d0g said:
Yes! Please give us a benchmark of one of your favorite games...I always like to hear from people who have the graphics card themselves. ;)
3Dmark05 w/ 81.95 WHQL Drivers:

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=1472176

benchymarky81.jpg

i gained 400 points over my old score that were with the 81.94's.

I gotta say, these are pretty stable and im loving them. CS:S is very smooth and quick.

54YW4T said:
i gained 400 points over my old score that were with the 81.94's.

I gotta say, these are pretty stable and im loving them. CS:S is very smooth and quick.

Hmm... CS:S has always been smooth and quick. :D Nothing like playing what used to kill my 9800pro at 200-400fps. :D

I dont know, I think there are some improvements in CS:S with this update. CS:S is running pretty damn smoother for me also.

i was wondering when these would come out...
The 81.94 give me random reboots...

beanman101283 said:
I've always used the regular XP drivers on my MCE machine with no problems. Also, the front page of the release notes for 81.95 say Windows XP Media Center Edition. So it should be fine.

I stand corrected in this case. The Win32 version of the 80-series drivers is for all 32-bit versions of Windows - Windows XP MCE/Pro/Home and Windows 2000. The Windows XP MCE-specific ForceWare drivers stopped at the 75-series.

RavenD said:
81.85 WHQL certified have been out for 2 or 3 weeks.

81.85?

Thought we were talking about 81.95?

Besides, I don't go out hunting for drivers. So whenever Guru3d has them, I have them, and they've had em for a day. So as far as I'm concerned, 81.95 whql have been out for a day.

SPARTAN VI said:
81.85?

Thought we were talking about 81.95?

Besides, I don't go out hunting for drivers. So whenever Guru3d has them, I have them, and they've had em for a day. So as far as I'm cornced, 81.95 whql have been out for a day.

I think he means the 81.87s which were released 3 weeks ago, nvidia has been spitting out new drivers, nzone and official, a little more frequently recently.

these 81.95s game me like 4fps more in FEAR! I was stunned... still great IQ also.. very nice drivers.

Man, I don't know if I should get the 81.94 that EVGA currently recommends or go w/ the 81.95 on NVidia's site. Maybe I'll wait another week or so until EVGA updates their recommendation (assuming they do). I'm currently at 81.85 and was at 77.77 before that (both WHQL).

Back