ForceWare 77.76

They fixed the "over bright video" problem. I will have to test these when I get home.

·PitBuLL· said:
thanks

Release Highlights:

SLI support for GeForce 6600 and GeForce 6600 LE
New SLI rendering mode (SLI Antialiasing) for increased antialiasing performance
Broader SLI optimizations and validation for the latest games
Issues resolved since ForceWare 77.72
"Overbright" color issue affecting video playback
GeForce 7800 GTX clock reduction when using extremely cold temperatures to cool the GPU
For a full list of other issues resolved, please view the driver release notes.
Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0c and OpenGL® 1.5 support
I wonder if that could possibly include SLI for NV43 core 6200s with a BIOS flash.

PRIME1 said:
They fixed the "over bright video" problem. I will have to test these when I get home.
I finally managed to fix this in the color correction section of the drivers. Will give these a shot though.

BF2 Fix seems to work. Played a round w/ no probs and the fences are there w/ supersampling on.

Caused black terrain in certain areas with me in the demo. (get near hotel and terrain turns black) Needless to say im reverting untill official's come out.

Edit: After reverting the problem remained, guess ill have to use drivercleaner.

Edit2: Drivers work great after doing a clean install.

They seem fine so far, I haven't seen much of a performance increase, but this driver so far has done what it's suipposed to, and I'm mostly happy that the overbright video issue is no fixed, and what's left for me is what the 77.72s should have been.

Is there a triple-buffering option in the advanced driver settings with this version?

77.50 and 77.72 were crashing for me, so I'm using the 80.40 betas...they're acutally pretty solid, I get an error popup when Windows starts up but otherwise solid.

So far the only problems I've encountered are that there are no profiles, nor the ability to make profiles.... and there is no selection for AA16

Well I went back before the 77.XX series because I couldn't watch any videos with the new drivers. Now that I went back everything is fine....so no thanks...I'll try next version maybe but so far 77.XX suck for me. I have a eVGA 6800GT on DFI Ultra-D

Has anyone tested to see if the triple buffering option works in any D3D games? It probably doesn't but just curious.

Okay I found the directions for enabling SLI16AA..... has anyone else noticed an increase in videocard temp? My cards are running almost 20C hotter now!

Vertigo Acid said:
Played some BF2 on these tonight on a 6600GT with no issues at all. Like them a lot :)

Has is improved anything or is it just more of the same?

Worked fine for me. Even enabled SLI AA. Only tried it out on WOW though since nothing else is installed after my reformat. The SLI 16x AA and 16x AF looks aboslutely amazing, but it is not something that you can quantify. It just looks good. However at a constant 20 FPS is not worth it when I can run 60 FPS @ 8xS AA and 16 AF. Looks like I will have to install my steam backup file and see if it does anything for HL2.

Triple buffering makes no mention of being Open GL specific and is working for me. I know you guys want to doubt but I doubt it's OpenGL specific without proof. It says "Improves framtes with vsync on." Wouldnt you think it would add "in Open GL." Anyways, made my frames stop dumping down to 30 all the time as vsync was halving my LCD refresh rate in firefights.

deathBOB said:
Has is improved anything or is it just more of the same?
No idea; I upgraded a friend's machine from a 9600XT to a 6600GT so it was the first drivers I'd used on them

Can anyone else verify the issue I am having?

Running WOW with SLI16AA enabled, the temperature on both my cards jumps up 20C higher than it ran with 8xS

Hey folks, with both 77.7X's I have noted that on the GF7800 GTX's there is texture corruption when using any form (multi/super) of transparent AA or AA for that matter in UT2004.

However, this does not occur until a 2nd map is loaded. i.e.: go to instant action, deathmatch (or whatever) play through a match, then let it load the next map...you will start seeing "blinking" or missing textures, very odd.

Can anyone else confirm this issue with their 7800 GTX?

hifi

I occaisionally see flickering grass (transparency) textures in BF2. I have SS TAA on, haven't tested without it though. It didn't really bother me enough to worry about it.

VSync seems to not want to work if I set it as part of a profile... it's like I have to force it in the global driver settings for it to work...

so does anyone know if this fixes the issue with the temp and throttling when watercooling?

thanks

I haven't tried cold water yet, but I have another issue with these drivers...for me at any rate RViaTuner has difficulty sticking to the clock speeds that I have specified....it will work for the first run on any given program, but then when I reload the program again, the clock speeds reset to their BIOS defaults (in my case 490/1300). I monitor it on the handy/dandy rvia monitor graphic/real time chart display.

hifi

when are they going to fix Dual Video OR Have the ability to enable/disable sli without rebooting

hifi said:
I haven't tried cold water yet, but I have another issue with these drivers...for me at any rate RViaTuner has difficulty sticking to the clock speeds that I have specified....it will work for the first run on any given program, but then when I reload the program again, the clock speeds reset to their BIOS defaults (in my case 490/1300). I monitor it on the handy/dandy rvia monitor graphic/real time chart display.

hifi

have you tred coolbits?

Ruffy said:
when are they going to fix Dual Video OR Have the ability to enable/disable sli without rebooting
To my knowledge I believe that's a specific issue with each motherboard...I don't know if nVidia will ever be able to "fix" it...or bringing SLI support to Linux for that matter... :(

bladeiai said:
have you tred coolbits?

Yes, but coolbits overclocking doesn't play well with this driver either...it seems as though they have adjusted the clock speed test prior to overclocking so that it doesn't allow any overclock. I noticed on another thread someone had issues with their 6800 Ultra too. At any rate, RVia Tuner lets you override the test procedure so you can freely move the sliders.

hifi

These new drivers crash EQ2 after like a minute of game play. Had to switch back to the 77.72's.

Having the same problem with these as the 77.72's. Whenever I play a video (in any player), it freezes my computer. I think i've have enough of the 77.XX series. Back to 71.89 for me

When playing Swat4, the stingers cause screen-corruption/lock-ups with this set of dirvers and SLI 7800GTX. Didn't have the problem with one 7800GTX and Forceware 77.50.

I had a few blue screens in BF2, but it could be my CPU overclock doing it. I'm not entirely sure...

Back