Forceware 100.65 final out!

arman01

Gawd
hey guys,

just a heads up that the nvidia forceware 100.65 drivers are available on the nvidia website.

and yes, its WHQL :)

The "GeForce/TNT" selection takes you to 97.43 WHQL, and a link to 100.64.
The "GeForce 8800 Series" selection takes you to that 100.65 page.

They're separated in the selection menu on their website.

How the hell can you get WHQL certification for drivers this bad?

Check out the release highlights taken from NVIDIA's website:

"Release Highlights:

WHQL Certified driver for GeForce 8800, GeForce 7 series, and GeForce 6 series GPUs
Beta driver for NVIDIA SLI™ support for GeForce 8800 GTX/GTS GPUs
This driver supports the following features:
Single GPU support
DirectX 9 support for GeForce 6/7/8 series GPUs
DirectX 10 support for GeForce 8800 GPUs
OpenGL support for GeForce 6/7/8 series GPUs
NVIDIA SLI support
DirectX 9 support for GeForce 8800 GPUs
OpenGL support for GeForce 8800 GPUs
DirectX 9 and OpenGL NVIDIA SLI support for GeForce 6 and 7 series GPUs and DirectX 10 NVIDIA SLI support for GeForce 8800 GPUs will be available in a future driver
If you would like to be notified of upcoming drivers for Windows Vista, please subscribe to the newsletter
Please read the release notes for more information on product support, feature limitations, and known compatibility issues "

Good god, the Geforce 6 and 7 series users are still screwed and the G80 SLI support still doesn't exist for Direct X 10. Fortunately, there aren't any Direct X 10 games out right now, but even still the drivers seem unfinished to me.

I'll be trying these when I get home, and hopefully they give me my SLI support back. Thank god I don't need Direct X 10 support yet or I'd be really pissed.

so far, this driver has been better than both beta 100.64 and the beta 100.65 drivers posted a few days ago. i suggest grabbing these if you own a g80 card.

so far, this driver has been better than both beta 100.64 and the beta 100.65 drivers posted a few days ago. i suggest grabbing these if you own a g80 card.

Judging by what I've read in the release notes, I'd have to agree. (Assuming they work for me.) Even so there are still some things that bother me.

The flat panel scaling options still don't work. They haven't since the 97.44 drivers for Windows XP. That sucks because I don't want scaling at all for resolutions like 2048x1536.That's probably the single most annoying thing I can think of right now.

The "GeForce/TNT" selection takes you to 97.43 WHQL, and a link to 100.64.
The "GeForce 8800 Series" selection takes you to that 100.65 page.

They're separated in the selection menu on their website.

The cache on the proxy server I'm going through at work must not have updated yet or something because I keep getting the stupid 100.64 beta driver page when I select 8800 Series from the nVidia selection menu on their website.

Oh well, at least I know where to get the drivers. Looking forward to loading them up tonight.

Can you overclock now? I will check them out after work.

Thanx for heads up.

no probs.

Still can't OC though. ATITool cant detect or set clocks no matter what i do, nTune fails stability test every time on any setting so no OC'ing there, and RivaTuner does not support either 100.64 or 100.65 set of drivers for overclocking.

I dont know what the problem is, it shouldn't be this hard to OC the damn card.

At least AA now works in *some* of my games, and *some* of the nvidia tech demos run a bit better.

The last few drivers versions have stated "SLI SUPPORT" and it's a complete and utter lie.

Can anyone tell me if SLI is functional with 8800GTX's for DX9 games with this driver version?

Someone on another forums says these have support for 6/7/8 SLI in Vista, is that true?

I'm assuming its a load of BS

Someone on another forums says these have support for 6/7/8 SLI in Vista, is that true?

I'm assuming its a load of BS

The new driver (100.65) does indeed support SLI (DX9 only) for Geforce 8 series GPUs. As far as other cards, well according to the release notes for the new driver, the answer is no.

You guys think that Microsoft is telling Nvidia to not support non-DX10 gpu in SLI? Far fetched but it could be possible...

You guys think that Microsoft is telling Nvidia to not support non-DX10 gpu in SLI? Far fetched but it could be possible...

It probably has more to do with no DirectX 10 titles being available right now. I doubt they can do a whole lot of testing at this point, and with no DX10 titles in the hands of the consumers, it would be premature to claim that DX10 support is fully functional at this point.

And 7950GX2 users still have no support. Whoopee.

The 7950GX2 user's have always gotten screwed. For a long time they had no support for Quad SLI. It took three months to get it, and now they've been completely screwed with Vista. Essentially a 7950GX2 would be reduced to sub 7900GTX performance in Vista which is unacceptable.

You know I was just asking myself the same question Dan posed earlier... how the everloving FUCK is nVidia actually getting these drivers WHQL certified? The amount of functionality and stability required for WHQL to certify a driver must be pretty damned low these days....

Oh well at least this is some sign that they are working on the drivers - however slowly.

??? The 8800s are DX10 video cards....

The 7950GX2 user's have always gotten screwed. For a long time they had no support for Quad SLI. It took three months to get it, and now they've been completely screwed with Vista. Essentially a 7950GX2 would be reduced to sub 7900GTX performance in Vista which is unacceptable.

Which was why I was so happy to ditch my pair of 7950gx2's :) They were always shafted with drivers.

Yeah, pardon my language but: fuck them. I supported them by buying their most expensive card at the time, which was based on a new technology they promised would be the way of the future. I'm tired of being on the bottom-of-the-barrel in support, when I should be given at LEAST the same amount of support as people who only spent $100 get. (Note: Im not saying others deserve less support than me, just that I deserve the same amount of support as you.)

In conclusion, yeah, fuck you nVidia. I may not be able to do anything other than not buy from you anymore, but guess what? That's exactly what I'm going to do.

Which was why I was so happy to ditch my pair of 7950gx2's :) They were always shafted with drivers.

Well I typically buy whatever the latest and greatest video card is. I had a pair of 7900GTX's, and then the 7950GX2 came out. I found out they didn't support SLI between two cards so I opted to wait until they did. Three months later Quad SLI support came out. By that time G80 wasn't that far away so I decided to wait. So I skipped the 7950GX2 and I am glad I did.

I did manage to get a free pair of X1950XTX's to hold me over until the 8800GTX came out though.

how did you get a free one?
and i just bought an 8 series, coming wednesday. Hope i can help evaluate.

7950GX2 user here, having dropped OCing and SLI support from Vista and an overall decrease in the performance because of drivers, it means 60-70% drop in performance over XP.

Getting a bit irritated now, I know Nvidia need time but there's only so long we can realistically wait :/

how did you get a free one?
and i just bought an 8 series, coming wednesday. Hope i can help evaluate.

I had a Comp USA replacement plan on one of my 7900GTX's at Comp USA and my GF bought the other for me.

Still having World of Warcraft problems with my 8800GTX's in SLI mode. Character pic on hot bar and in top left picture view are black / corrupted. And freezing of screen while texture loading ( uncommon ) but still present.

This is even after a driver clean / re-install.

Oh well.

the TAP plan, do you need a compusa card for that or can i just buy the plan?
thanks.

I am soooo damn glad I jumped to ATI this generation. Don't take this as flamebait (I love NVIDIA - used three 6800s, two of which are still cranking away), but what the hell is NVIDIA thinking? They have had well over a year to crank out drivers for Vista. Are drivers hard to make? Yes. But they should be able to do it in a whole year. Shameful.

I honest-to-gosh think NVIDIA is trying to do the same thing HP is: exploit consumers in the Vista upgrade process in order to force them to buy new products. HP has directly said "no Vista drivers, buy a new printer or be stuck with XP," and I really think that NVIDIA is trying to indirectly send the same message with this artificial driver scandal. Greedy, corrupt corporations, everyone trying to use this opportunity to force us to buy new hardware deserves to rot. :mad: :mad:

I honest-to-gosh think NVIDIA is trying to do the same thing HP is: exploit consumers in the Vista upgrade process in order to force them to buy new products. HP has directly said "no Vista drivers, buy a new printer or be stuck with XP," and I really think that NVIDIA is trying to indirectly send the same message with this artificial driver scandal. Greedy, corrupt corporations, everyone trying to use this opportunity to force us to buy new hardware deserves to rot. :mad: :mad:

Not to get off-topic but doesn't Vista already have a huge collection of native drivers for older HP printers?

I honest-to-gosh think NVIDIA is trying to do the same thing HP is: exploit consumers in the Vista upgrade process in order to force them to buy new products.
It's an interesting theory, but I don't think it holds much water. If anything, this kind of debacle has the capability of being the final nail in the coffin, or, perhaps all the nails in the coffin, for some users. AMD's current lineup of high-end and mid-range (I'd say the 8800 GTX is in the ultra-high-end sector at the moment) is very strong, in fact stronger than NVIDIA's past-generational products in some respects, and the last thing NVIDIA wants to do is drive adoption of AMD products. Users that end up having good experiences with AMD will end up developing some sort of brand loyalty. From brand loyalty may lead to strong sales of AMD's to-be 8800 counter, the X2900 series.

Anyone who would shed themselves of a very poor experience with 7xxx-series cards, in SLi or not, due to a lack of driver support and would then pick up an 8800 or two probably isn't thinking straight. The 8800s are massively desirable, sure, but it's still the same company backing them.

You know I was just asking myself the same question Dan posed earlier... how the everloving FUCK is nVidia actually getting these drivers WHQL certified? The amount of functionality and stability required for WHQL to certify a driver must be pretty damned low these days....

Oh well at least this is some sign that they are working on the drivers - however slowly.

I dont think WHQL is meant for games. As long as iexplore and explorer doesnt crash its considered certified. lol

these still dont solve the screen corruption i get in vista when the monitor turns back on.
Oh well ATI here i come unless a fix comes before march

Back