For those who have both: Which is better xbox or ps2?

Originally posted by Acceptable_Risk
You realize that Advent Children is a movie, right?

Yes but BoWser said he read some where that it would only play on the PS2 hardware which I doubt. To much off a loss in profit if that was to happend but it could.

If it is a dvd movie it must conform to the dvd standards, if it does it must play on any device with the dvd logo on it.

Also play both consoles for a while and take not of the controllers. PS2 controllers are alright but the XBOX Controller S is the best concole controller I have ever played with. I loved that the Dreamcast had analog triggers and the XBOX does it but better with the added dual analog sticks as well. IMHO the gamecube contoller is the worst cheap feeling contoller out of the big three right now. If you have that and like it you will be blown away from the quality of the XBOX contoller.

I have had an Xbox since launch and have never had a PS2 but I think the only thing that PS2 has over Xbox is the FF series and possibly more games come to it first before they do Xbox (Xbox has its fair share of time exclusives though, R6:3 and Splinter Cell one and two are great examples). Anyway, Xbox is the way I'd go because I don't care for RPGs.

Originally posted by asusxp1900
Also play both consoles for a while and take not of the controllers. PS2 controllers are alright but the XBOX Controller S is the best concole controller I have ever played with. I loved that the Dreamcast had analog triggers and the XBOX does it but better with the added dual analog sticks as well. IMHO the gamecube contoller is the worst cheap feeling contoller out of the big three right now. If you have that and like it you will be blown away from the quality of the XBOX contoller.

I agree, the DC controllers I absolutley loved and were the most comfortable for me, then the Xbox controller S came out in Japan and I knew I had to have one, so I bought an import and love the hell out of it, its the most comfortable controller, I can play for hours without getting too stiff hands. And if your hands are bigger, I know the original controllers do it for alot of people. They are also very easy to take apart if you wanna clean em out (the nintendo ones have that stupid nintendo screw, you people who take thier stuff apart know what im talking about). The triggers and dual alaloge sticks are placed just right and feel the smoothest out of all my controllers.

OMG PS2 is teh LOSERZEZEZSSSSSSSS!!!

Sorry, I had to...this thread needed a little controversy...

I'm too surprised nobody has jumped in with a complete uncalled for jab against one console or the other. I guess it shows that maybe both consoles can kick ass together.

Originally posted by Kortiz
OMG PS2 is teh LOSERZEZEZSSSSSSSS!!!

Sorry, I had to...this thread needed a little controversy...

I'm too surprised nobody has jumped in with a complete uncalled for jab against one console or the other. I guess it shows that maybe both consoles can kick ass together.

Its like John Lennon said "Imagine all the people.....playing thier respective consoles together"....it was something along those lines.

abuckfidee. or to some its one hundred and fifty dollars.

I think ecost.com has the best deal with $130 no tax for most and free shipping. refurbs though.

I hardly touch my xbox to play games anymore. I probably rent a game once every month or 2. I'm more of a pc gamer. However, I do use my xbox every day as a media center for my room. I have it hooked up to my network and I stream it divx, and watch dvds on it. Obviously it is modded. I have checked out the ps2 as well and none of their titles jump out at me either. However, just the fact the xbox is so much more moddable makes it the better system for me since the games on both systems look so dated now. I guess i'm just spoiled with the newest crop of pc games.

Originally posted by zerogt86
how much money are the xbox mods now a days?
It's like thirty bucks or so for a decent mod chip plus however much you want to spend on a new hard drive. The new drive isn't strictly necessary, but it is nice to have. Of course, you could also reflash the stock TSOP but you'll have to have a way to get hacked saves onto an Xbox memory card. It's more hassle and less reversible. It's worth the money for a hardware chip.

Back