For the sake of you and your users...

Cmustang87

Supreme [H]ardness
Just a personal experience that I had this morning at work. I had a client of mine call and complain that they are not able to drag and drop folders. I knew a colleague of mine had worked on this machine before. She wasn't able to do any kind of folder formatting. Hold CTRL and select multiple folders, hold shift and make a selection in an area, or open IE windows in a new window.

I spoke with the colleague and he said the only thing he installed was bit Defender 2008 AntiVirus.

I went to the dcomcnfg and tried looking at settings.... :eek:

To my amazement, Bit Defender embeds itself so deeply you couldn't make any changes in this menu. I uninstalled the softare (which required me to run EVERY available windows update on her machine [which causes a problem because windows updates sometimes messes with their proprietary software] because the windows installer was out of date) and rebooted the machine. After that, I was able to do everything freely.

Keep in mind, this resolution took a mere 20 minutes for me to locate and fix... but this is still unacceptable for a program to have such a large footprint on a machine and just become so cumbersome.

Any other experiences like this with BitDefender?

:eek:

I installed Bit Defender at a client (5 users, 2 server) and it brought the network to its knees. Broke every network application including quickbooks. This is an accountant so thats kinda important. Basicly, it broke anything that uses files over the network.

It truely is a pain in the ass AV to install. I don't care if it is one of the best, i dumbed that ho of an AV lol

It's crap. Run Avira AntiVir (free for home use, not free for business use) or Eset NOD32 only.

Yep, this was one of few experiences with BitDefender. I have told my co-workers countless times to keep this garbage off our machines.

Malware Bytes is probably the best tool I've used to clean up already infected machines. AntiVir is very good as well.

Back