For Honor beta

Ragenrok

Supreme [H]ardness
Haven't really been following this game at all but just got an email that I've been invited to the closed beta that's running for the next few days. Anyone else get in or even really been following this game at all? Just watched some youtube clips and it looks neat, actually excited to give it a try.

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-US/game/for-honor/

Youtube clip

I would never support this game it has the Graphics thing going on but all the animations and movements are the same.
The Que you get when to block and strike is just silly you should just have to lock on like in Dark Souls and do whatever your button mashing fingers want to. Single Player might be good but I don't think there will be a big variation of enemies. UBI looked too heavily into making a perfect looking game and just came up short.

Last edited:
Is this basically The Division with swords in the Middle Ages? Kind of looks like it.

Between this and the new Ghost Recon game I'm guessing The Division is going to be new Ubisoft baseline template for the forseeable future. (Broadly speaking)

Is this basically The Division with swords in the Middle Ages? Kind of looks like it.

Between this and the new Ghost Recon game I'm guessing The Division is going to be new Ubisoft baseline template for the forseeable future. (Broadly speaking)

You've got it all wrong. Assassins Creed has been the baseline template for every Ubisoft title for the past 10 years. Don't forget about the Far Cry series, Watch Dogs, and to an extent even things like The Crew. Ubisoft is the epitome of large, open worlds with nothing interesting to do in them.

I grew up reading Conan, Elric, Tarzan & other Michael Moorcock & ERB novels, so any medieval / barbarian / sword fighting style game is worth trying for me.

My favorite hack & slash game of all time was probably Rune MP / stadium - but I never finished the SP.

Anyway - the beta is free & my DL just finished, so I am off to install it now !!!!!!!!

Last edited:
WOW!!! Great looking game - even @ medium settings on my old PC.

I just ran thru the initial training level w/ KB & mouse - but will try a game pad too...

I noticed the benchmark tool & figure I'd post my settings & results FYI:
~ I think I'll get hooked on this game w/ a gamepad and install it on my newer PC & post BM update.

HTPC BOX: Cooler Master Centurion 5 case, Corsair HX620w PSU, GA-P35-DS3L mobo,
Q9550 @ 3.2 ghz cpu, Xigmatek Dark Knight 120mm cpu cooler, 8GB RAM (mixed stix),
HIS R9 280 IceQ OC 3GB, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB OS HD, (2) Samsung 1TB DATA HD's,
37" VIZIO LCD TV 60hz (1920x1080), cheap Logitech speakers, MS 2000 KB, Logitech Mouse, WIN7-64

For Honor – Closed Beta2017-1-27-12-56-31.jpg

For Honor – Closed Beta2017-1-27-12-56-39.jpg

For Honor – Closed Beta2017-1-27-12-58-22.jpg

Did training w/ gamepad today & it's gonna' take this 50+ gamer some time to remember all the key combos. The combat system is pretty damn good to me tho and I hate gamepads.

There are more moves here than Rune MP stadium had, but Rune was very intuitive w/ KB & mouse.

Anyhoo... since I had a fresh reboot, I re-ran the BM & got a better score w/ out any dip below 30 FPS.

For Honor – Closed Beta2017-1-28-8-27-56.jpg

After seeing that, I changed to all default settings and got even better FPS.
Yesterday I had vsync off (the only change I had made) so today it's @ default (double buffer).

For Honor – Closed Beta2017-1-28-8-29-5.jpg

For Honor – Closed Beta2017-1-28-8-29-12.jpg

For Honor – Closed Beta2017-1-28-8-31-22.jpg

I decided to try the BM @ 1080 HIGH, 1080 EXTREME & 1440 EXTREME

Remember this is my old PC (specs above) & medium settings looked great.

So, even if you don't meet minimum spec, this is what you might get from the BETA depending on your rig.

I'm going to try playing (offline) @ 1080 EXTREME since I am barely under the 30FPS req!

1080 HIGH
hi10803.jpg

1080 EXTREME
ex10803.jpg

1440 EXTREME
ex14403.jpg

1080 EXTREME - looks GREAT & steady 30 FPS, plays practice battles & sparring just fine, but I'm knocking it down to 1080 HIGH.

Damn, I suck at this!! I'm probably winning 30/70 or 40/60 at best against the Level 1 BOT. The sword combat & AI beats the shit outta' Skyrim, but I'm not seeing any good bow & arrow videos (here's 1 arrow shot + I learned that you can heal back at the spawn point from this video).

This could be such an awesome game if it had a good SP story vs this pseudo campaign.

At least it's something - here's a 15 min viking vid then the knight.

Well, look at this!!! I haven't followed this game since the trailer dropped, but there's more here than I thought from my few hours in BETA.

I haven't played the Beta (didn't get an invite), but my cousin who has seems to liken it to Battlefield style gameplay but only with melee weapons (capture and control areas on the map, score points) with Dynasty Warriors style gameplay. Not quite sure how accurate that may be, but just a simple impression. He feels it can sort of lean towards button mashing, despite mentioning there's some finesse to melee fighting (light/heavy attacks, overhead/side attack stances, guard, dodge and guard breaks).

Currently in the Beta, Its a pretty solid mechanical game so far. Could possibly lend itself to the Esport scene if it gains traction.
Dominion mode has a bit of a MOBA/Smite feel. Otherwise its 1v1 or 2v2 duels.
There are 9 different classes/characters, all have about 6 pieces of equipment that can me customized.

Looks like a newer version of Chivalry. I registered as a Samurai..
Not too far off, much cleaner and smooth feel. I could never get over the general roughness of Chivalry, so this suits my taste more.

Nowhere near to like division. Think old school hack n slash meets BF and a MOBA.
Seems more matchmaking based while division was just a meh world.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Oh, I can also send Beta invites if anyone is interested.
Currently in the Beta, Its a pretty solid mechanical game so far. Could possibly lend itself to the Esport scene if it gains traction.
Dominion mode has a bit of a MOBA/Smite feel. Otherwise its 1v1 or 2v2 duels.
There are 9 different classes/characters, all have about 6 pieces of equipment that can me customized.

Not too far off, much cleaner and smooth feel. I could never get over the general roughness of Chivalry, so this suits my taste more.
You've got mail!

And yeah, Chivalry is clunky but it was damn fun when it first came out.

even my GTX 970 is easily getting over 60fps with everything on Extreme, SMAA and HBAO+...

Seems gltichy on the multiplayer side, unless its just me? It feels like the Titan Fall of Chivalry if you ask me though, P2P and 4v4 maximum. X X FTW!

I would love this if I was still in my 20's with the reflexes and time to get decent.

I watched a bunch of duels on youtube. It looks like a deep combat system, multiple attack types to multiple target areas and then multiple blocking areas and deflections, feints and parries. Definitely not just a button masher.

BTW it was featured on Conan last night. Pretty lame watching them flail around after watching some decent players duel.

I'm am also definitely interested in a beta invite.

Please and thank you!!

Pretty sure the next beta is OPEN. everyone should be able to join from the For Honor website.

The closed beta ended a couple days ago, although there will be an open beta soon, this weekend I believe.

pre-loading is now available for the open beta which starts this Thursday (Feb 9)

Back