for e6600s only

JVC

[H]ard|Gawd
how fast did u oc yours 6600?

me: 2.88ghz (can't go higher:eek: :) ) u?

3.2ghz on air (40c loaded). Haven't tried pushing it further and if I did I think I'd like to have WC for 24/7.

highest I got was 3.75ghz and that was when I had my door open during the winter :)

I used to run it @ 3.4 but didn't have the FSB:Memory @ 1:1

So now I'm running it @ 3.325 with a 1:1 ratio

Suits me fine...don't really notice much of a difference between 3.3 vs 3.7 :confused:

3.6ghz 24/7 wont hurt, my board wont go over that. stupid asus.

40c loaded isnt anywhere near dangerous. i run mine about 55c under load, most people go higher even. anything under 65-70 is "safe"

right now its at 3.3ghz.. but i've gotten it to stable around 3.5ghz, but the temps are a lil to high for my tastes....

I got mine up to 3.0GHZ on air with little effort and really no desire to go further. It was a huge jump from my AMD 4000+ and I am no longer CPU limited on my 8800GTX.

Temps with retail HSF are about 46-48C under load. Does anyone have any recommendations for a better HSF that would not require me to remove the motherboard?

3.6 Ghz.

picture.JPG

3.6ghz, but for normal 24/7 use I do 3.22ghz. 3.6 just ran too hot :(, and with multithreaded games especially that's of concern.

Got to 3800mhz on air(as u can c) - stable for 2-3 mins, 3730Mhz seems to do allright in games for 1-2 hours, 3.6 - no problem whatsoever running Carbon for over 2-3 hours. I dont pay much attention to p95 etc... coz if games run fine(thats what i need this rig for) than why bother with orthors&p95...

Vcore at 3.8Ghz was 1.55v in bios - win read it ~1.47-1.49v, ddrII was 1.95v(bios) ~2.00v in win(pc probe II)

for general use I return it back to stock

I'm running at just over 3.2ghz. voltage is in the 1.4 area.

I've gotten 3.8ghz on air, ran it constantly at 3.51 on my ds3, but I'm more content with it running at 3.2ghz with the evga 680i.

Running 3.1Ghz on 1.28V atm, can probably go higher on this voltage but havent tried. :)

i am running at 3.6Ghz using Zalman 9500. Before my Case mod i was getting idlet temps of 45C and load temps of 65C and this is the most i was able oc.

Then i did a case/fan mod. With a LIAN-Li- P61 Case and four Vantec Tornado 80cfm fans. Coretemp says i am now idling at 27-29C and when running P95 core temp says i am hitting 45C-46C. Now my temp sensor off Aerocool's Powerwatch controller says I idle at 35-36C and during p95 i am hitting about 51-52C.

I haven't tried OCing the chip anymore since i got my LIAN-Li case. I am pretty happy with 3.6 and running that cool. I am sure i could OC more, but why? Nothing out there is pushing this beast right now.

3.6GHz here. Not sure what my voltages are off the top of my head. For cooling I'm using a Corsair Nautilus 500.

I got mine up to 3.0GHZ on air with little effort and really no desire to go further. It was a huge jump from my AMD 4000+ and I am no longer CPU limited on my 8800GTX.

Temps with retail HSF are about 46-48C under load. Does anyone have any recommendations for a better HSF that would not require me to remove the motherboard?

Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro.......e6600 at 3.15.....load 40c idle 34c.....35 bucks and very easy to install.well built and 7 year guarantee. no more difficult to place than the stock hsf. You could probably install with the board in the case, but these sinks require pushing hard to get the pin to snap in.......so, pay your money and takes your chances.

I can't get my E6600 stable past 3GHz. I've managed to boot into windows @3.2, but Orthos gave me an error after 8 min... Had my core voltage upto 1.45V. Now I'm just going to live with the fact that It won't go much higher than 3ghz, and see how far I can bring the voltage down and still be stable. BTW, First I had the stock HSF, but I replaced it with a Zalman 9500.. much easier to install.! What were they thinking when those Intel Engineers designed the HSF?

I can't get my E6600 stable past 3GHz. I've managed to boot into windows @3.2, but Orthos gave me an error after 8 min... Had my core voltage upto 1.45V. Now I'm just going to live with the fact that It won't go much higher than 3ghz, and see how far I can bring the voltage down and still be stable.

Ok, just don't jump to that conclusion just yet;) , have you tried lowering your DDRII below(800Mhz) - if its ddrII800 we r talking about? if its 1066mhz - than lower below its nominal speed(ie below 1K) as you overclock. Hope that helps:p

how fast did u oc yours 6600?

me: 2.88ghz (can't go higher:eek: :) ) u?

2.88 for me as well :p

Mine will run at 3.2GHZ, but it needs 1.47 vCore which makes it so my board does not restart correctly (i have to do cold boots which leaves me out in the cold for remote restarts).

And no its not my RAM, i have already tested things and it is either my board or Processor (leaning towards processor). Luckily 2.88 is still killa fast :p

I set a goal for myself before I got my chip to get 3.2 GHz(since that was the speed of my old p4 S478:p ) and I reached it. All I had to do was raise the vcore a little bit from 1.325 to 1.35 to get it Orthos and OCCT stable. Setup is in sig.

I've got mine running at 3.5ghz, 3.6 took 1.5+ volts, so it runs at 3.5, apex WC helps alot. :)

I run mine at 3800mhz at 1.5v watercooled.... rams at 423fsb 4-3-3-4.......

3.3Ghz. I've had some success at slightly higher speeds but I don't like the increase in fan noise, voltage and temps. Right now I've got my vcore pretty low, temps are low and all my case fans set on "low." For me, it's a good balance because it's still plently fast and yet my computer runs very quiet and cool.

3800MHZ everyday on air.

Orthos_Stable_3800.JPG

4010MHZ Benching

SPI_1M_4010mhz.JPG

Nice one man! I bet you can bench at 4ghz easily. and all done on air! - well done.

and if fan noise concernes some of you - just turn up the volume:p

I run mine 24/7 at 3.0 ghz with stock volts and have been since I got it (5+ months now). I can get it stable at 3.2 but only with a heft voltage bump. Not worth it to me.

I'm running happily along at 3GHz (1.3vCore in BIOS / 1.26vCore in Windows), alternatively I have saved the 3.2GHz/400FSB settings also (+0,05vCore). I have been higher (3.4) but I see no need to go that fast... :)

Running 3.2 on air with stock voltage on CPU and +.01 on FSB.
[email protected] and runs 39-41C, and 49-51C under load.
Will boot and benchmark at 3.6 but no long term runs at that speed.

EDIT: With C1E, TM2, and EIST my non-load temps are 33-35c @ 79F room. I need raised floor and dedicated AC. =)

3.4ghz on air w/Zalman 9500 1.38v's 24/7

gaming
ripping DVD's
Folding
...everything

[F]old|[H]ard

I'm running my e6600 at stock voltages across the board (with vdroop in Vista my vCore is 1.27v) at a frequency of 3.24ghz. I start getting Orthos/OCCT failures at 3.33 on stock, so instead of bumping up the voltage I just kept it at my highest stable stock settings. All my fans are on low -- nearly silent.

Just overclocked my ram to 902mhz, 266/667 at looser 5-5-5-14 timings. I could go a lot faster with ram and cpu but would rather just keep everything cool and quiet at stock.

I hit 3.51 Ghz with my setup. I stopped there because of heat and voltage concerns. I'm in the OC database at that setting. For everyday use however I have dropped back to 3.33 Ghz as I am more comfortable with the temps I am seeing there.

most people go higher even. anything under 65-70 is "safe"

3.6ghz is very realistic and its my goal to hit that but not just for bench purposes. Some people manage to hit higher than that (even to 4ghz which is a bit rare).

65-70 is anything but safe UNLESS you aren't bothered by cooking your $300 processor and having to go out to buy another one. 65-70c is smokin and unless your real lucky that processor isn't going to last too long. I don't mind pushing 50c (even 55c towards the end of a lifespan for a processor). Anything higher is for people who have deep pockets.

anything beyond the 40's under load is too hot for my comfort ... :(

[F]old|[H]ard

3.6Ghz (9x400) for 24/7 operation, 1.47 vcore (actual), water cooling. 38-41C idle, 60C load under Orthos.

Back