Food Fight: Greenpeace Invades Nestle’s Facebook Page

HardOCP News

[H] News
Environmental activist group Greenpeace, hot off of last week’s protest of Facebook, is now using Facebook to protest Nestle (the candy bar people). Apparently one of Nestle’s reps got pissy with the protesters over altered company logos and then all hell broke loose from there.

Putting aside all judgment on who's right and who's wrong in this situation, we are seeing the dark side of the Facebook fan page: when what was intended to be an open way for fans to show their support was turned into a billboard of outrage on behalf of critics, and with a company representative in obvious panic over how to tame the mob. It's rare that public opposition will reach a truly uncontrollable level, but when it does, it's ugly.

I wouldn't even call Greenpeace leftist or a bunch of hippies, I think even the hippies and liberals are tired of these crazies.

CLIFFS- Nestle was targeted by activists for using palm oil in their products... and nestle was slow to realize you dont fuck with the internet.

Hasn't greenpeace already been labeled an eco-terrorist group? Seriously I thought fundies and politics were full of enough hypocrisy, but they don't begin to scratch the surface when it comes to these hippies.

I’m curious about the line in the quote that makes reference to the “dark side of Face Book”. There is a lite side?

Finally, under fire, the Nestle rep apologized for snapping back at fans. "This (deleting logos) was one in a series of mistakes for which I would like to apologize. And for being rude. We've stopped deleting posts, and I have stopped being rude."

/facepalm

They should not have apologized to the Greenpeace posters. They're the one being extremely obnoxious, vulgar and rude.

Hey Greenpeace, here's a little tip for you: if you wish to be respected by others, companies and citizens alike, grow up and show a little more maturity when protesting about something. A letter of protest perhaps. A peaceful demonstration at their front steps would work too. Be sure you're prepared with facts and statistics.

Terrorism gets our attention, but they're negative attention. You're making us wish you would just go the fuck away. Grow up!

kit-kats will taste even sweeter now i know it will piss off some hippie douchebag
yah, and crunch bars...USE MORE PALM OIL!!! W00T! Hippe douches never know wtf they're ranting about...they're zombies for the moonbat fringe...BTW I like orangutans, I really do...I just can't eat a whole one by myself :D

It's all well and good to be aware of the importance of protecting the environment,but somewhere along the line,some groups have become almost cult-like in nature,with members becoming almost like mindless puppets going along with whatever doctrines the leadership decrees. The antics on Nestle's Facebook page makes Greenpeace seem like a bunch of immature children.

yah, and crunch bars...USE MORE PALM OIL!!! W00T! Hippe douches never know wtf they're ranting about...they're zombies for the moonbat fringe...BTW I like orangutans, I really do...I just can't eat a whole one by myself :D

You don't need to eat a whole one. Eat what you can and throw leftovers away.

Well Nesquick chocolate milk powder doesnt contain palm oil. I wish it did now that I read this as I could take a little extra joy in my chocolate milk knowing that it pisses off Greenpeace.

That Canadian study about how being "green" makes you angrier and more annoying must be true.

feed em to the killer whale at Sea World...I would pay to see that

If a dog killed someone, even if it killed a criminal that was attacking it's owner, they would put it down. When a killer whale a Seaworld kills not one, but two people they do nothing.

Does anyone even care about Greenpeace anymore? At one point, they had a point, an extreme leftist point, but one that could at least be understood by humans, and one that was at least usually relayed by the press. Now, when you hear about them in the news, often you hear about some whacked out stupidity they are responsible for, but you don't even hear what the point they were trying to make was. In that article, the point was covered in two easily missed sentences in the second or third paragraph. The rest was about the nonsense Greenpeace perpetrated on Nestle's Myidiot page.

Greenpeace has utterly failed in their mission, whatever it was. Unless their mission is to just annoy corporations with stupidity. There are days when I think the members of Greenpeace should just stop being hypocrites and follow what appears to be their vision of the world, strip themselves naked and run off into the woods to starve to death. But every now and then they are still good for a bit of comedy.

I've spent about an hour commenting on Nestle's fb page about Greenpeace's practices and how misleading and unorganized the group is to attack a company on facebook.

I'm now being called a professional PR rep for Nestle.

Corporations should be able to protect their brands by any means necessary. These brands are what creates value in an information economy.

In a true free market these greenpeace f--ks would be quietly and conveniently 'disappeared'.

I've spent about an hour commenting on Nestle's fb page about Greenpeace's practices and how misleading and unorganized the group is to attack a company on facebook.

I'm now being called a professional PR rep for Nestle.

They believe that anyone that disagrees with them must be deluded, stupid, or must have fiscal incentive to do so. Just like any other religious and/or political extremist organization.

BTW, it can't hurt to ask Nestle for some free chocolate.

im going out and buying a god damn chocolet bar from nestle. fucking greenpeace

Greenpeace seems to be going downhill if all they could think of was to shit up a facebook page.

I wonder if Greenpeace stopped to also realize that Palm Oil production has also expanded due to demand for biofuels. That is the whole problem with these clowns and clowns like them. They really are not capable of comprehending life outside their little bubbles and their idealized version of this planet which will never be.

im going out and buying a god damn chocolet bar from nestle. fucking greenpeace
I just bought a huge box of 36 Butterfingers at Costco...palm oil is listed 3rd on ingredients content...NICE :D:D:D

Greenpeace is BS (see the episode) and I may have to buy MORE Nestle stuff now even though I don't like their chocolate much.

They really are not capable of comprehending life outside their little bubbles and their idealized version of this planet which will never be.

Seriously. Someone I work with supports both Greenpeace and PETA and the amount of time they spend in their imaginary world of rainbow farting unicorns is frightening. Reasoning with her is impossible.

Back