• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Folding tray Icon issue

Monkey34

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Apr 11, 2003
Messages
5,141
I used to have a problem with the Icon dissapearing, and set the taskbar to ALWAYS show it. It seemed to take care of the issue, but tosay, after turning on the computer, it didnt show up. I checked running processes, and it was in there, so I figured just leave it.

I couldnt leave it......it was bugging me. So I shut it down from the task manager, and re-started it. I lost the Tinker it was 3/4 done with! :mad:
I have to start over! I'm pissed.
 
I'll say the same thing to you I have said to many others. Using the no-nonsense text only console with EMIII is usually your best bet. Set the client up as a service which will take it out of the taskbar and use EMIII (which will sit in the system tray) to monitor it. I have never had a problem with that setup.

 
Aarrghh!
:mad: I lost another one! 356 done of 500........gone. I'm trying your idea now. I was waiting till it was done before switching, but I dont have a choice NOW.
 
SmokeRngs said:
I'll say the same thing to you I have said to many others. Using the no-nonsense text only console with EMIII is usually your best bet. Set the client up as a service which will take it out of the taskbar and use EMIII (which will sit in the system tray) to monitor it. I have never had a problem with that setup.

word.

console >>>>>>> graphical.
it's so stable :eek:
 
It takes a while; the first frame has to finish before the stats update.

 
How long has it been running? EMIII will normally wait until the client finishes a frame before it updates.

Also, is that PC the one that is folding? If so, something is missing, you should have a FAHcore_XX.exe in your taskmanager, which it doesn't appear that there is one running. Although, it's possible that the unit just hadn't started actually folding yet.

 
How long has it been running? EMIII will normally wait until the client finishes a frame before it updates.
Ok, it was only going for a couple of minutes.
Also, is that PC the one that is folding? If so, something is missing, you should have a FAHcore_XX.exe in your taskmanager, which it doesn't appear that there is one running.
Yea, this is the box. I moved the client, so I think it didnt know where to run it from(had the dumb thing on my desktop at first). I deleted everything and put it in the right folder(no pun intended), and started over. I'll give it a few before freaking, and will be back with an update.
 
I did a little more digging. There were some empty lines in the config file for priority and cpu usage, so i entered the info, and saved. Restarted, and it now is running correctly. Odd thing is, if I bring up the config in EM, its blank again(but running right). Oh well. At least its working.
 
From looking at the screenshot you posted again, it says that only 1% of the CPU is being used, and as I stated earlier, I didn't see a core file running, so it doesn't look like F@H is running at all. There can be issues with the registry and where the F@H settings are kept, so you might have an issue there.

 
Well its in there now, and working. I think I'm just going to leave it alone and quit screwing with it.
 
Its got the right look NOW though. ;)
fah24it.jpg
 
Now that's purdy, glad you got it working!

Oh, and welcome to the team! :D

 
your red x is exciting.

well, i can't see it, but if it's working then congratulations! and welcome to the [H]orde!
 
Back
Top