Folding on HP Cloud Services - already happening!

Looks like this going to not nearly as useful for folding. Starting the Feb 27th, each zone will be able to run the following to adhere to the 20GB limit:
  • (2) 4 vCPU 8GB instances
  • (2) 2 vCPU 2GB instances

Or maybe running (10) 2 vCPU 2GB instances might be best. I think I might be dropping the service here....

Still useful for some uniproc clients - there is a huge backlog of that work that needs doing

I've seen this page before.. kind of surprised you haven't seen it :eek:

I find it impossible to read though, personally, and a pain to sort.

There is a newer version that is better but i've lost the link - i'll have a look when i am back from work

If it wasn't such a PITA to set up HP server instances, I might just do a bunch of classic clients.

What a pain to get the new cores working. And the servers are even more buggy then when the beta started.
0.png

Update from foldingforum.org
http://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=20932

As some of you may know, HP has run FAH as a burn test for their Cloud solution : http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/ ... =&u=601623 which has shed light on the private beta testing of their service.

I’ve been following this beta testing with HP representatives and it looks like they had a great response from the folding community resulting in a significant number of applications to their beta program.

Unfortunately, this situation went out of control, and folder usage is stealing too much resources from other use case of the cloud system.

As a result, HP will no longer accept applications from folders until their service exit public beta and they start charging for it. Please spread the word to the community at your respective team forums.

HP is also reducing the resources allowed to their beta tester on February, 27th. If you are running folding clients on the cloud, please exit it nicely with –oneunit flag so that the FAH project won’t suffer from WU losses before terminating your instances.

Thanks for your understanding.

My az2 zone just got nailed. I ended up create (10) 2 vCPU 2GB instances rather than the (2) 4 vCPU and (2) 2 vCPU instances. Kind of PITA to setup and get running 10 instances. Hopefully my az1 zone instances will live a bit longer :)

My instances and account has been deactivated. I am glad I did it today as the human told me deactivating the account can take up to 3 days to process. I think the people that cancel on the 10th are going to get stuck with a bill :eek:

My instances and account has been deactivated. I am glad I did it today as the human told me deactivating the account can take up to 3 days to process. I think the people that cancel on the 10th are going to get stuck with a bill :eek:

If that is true, it is going to get ugly.... very fast.

I think the people that cancel on the 10th are going to get stuck with a bill :eek:

You do not have to cancel your account. You just need to make sure all instances are terminated. If you are not using resources, you are not billed.

I am keeping my account, and will be using a vm or two for legit purposes. I guess I might as well throw FAH on them...

Hey guys looks liek they are offering free $20:

http://go.hpcloud.com/20promo2012

HP Cloud Services FREE for a Limited Time

Now with a $20 monthly credit you can get:

* Up to 1,000 unit-hours/month of on-demand compute, or
* Up to 300+ GB/month of storage capacity, or
* Up to 250 GB/month of CDN bandwidth
* Any combination of these services totaling up to your $20 credit per month**

1,000 compute hours is enough to run an XS instance 24x7 for the entire month!

They were unstable in beta but they have been rock solid for me for the past few months now.

Back