Folder Redirection, not working with Vista Client..kind of.

sdotbrucato

[H]ard|Gawd
Well I have a user that is IMPOSSIBLE to deal with who just so happens to be the President of the company, and my father in-law. lol

Anyway, he has the oldest machine in the building because well he just really doesn't need anything to powerful, but since the SBS03 integration this poor machine just can't handle anything.

I've given up trying to slim down the XP install and decided to just let him use my Toshiba laptop, until we can get a new machine for him. The issue here is that this laptop has Vista Ultimate on it.

Now the desktop redirection seems to be working fine, but everything else.. not so much. (My Documents, App Data, and Start Menu)

Is there a special policy or attachment that I need to install under GPO management to get this to work with Vista?

TIA

Does the SBS box have all it's Microsoft updates? There were some updates specific to Veeesta clients. The default My Docs folder redirection of SBS works with Vista clients...assuming due to these updates.

Have the users been moved out of the SBS default OU?
Did you turn on the built in SBS My Docs redirection?

i havent done much of any gpo playing. left the default sbs gpo and added logon/logoff scripts, so no.

Is the computer in the right OU (did you add the Vista laptop via the add computer wizard or manually by 'My Computer' method)?

Is the computer in the right OU (did you add the Vista laptop via the add computer wizard or manually by 'My Computer' method)?

Used the ConnectComputer wizard like I've done with all the other computers.

The desktop redirection works which is really weird, because nothing else does.

Back