• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Flow Meter important?

AP2

[H]ard|Gawd
2FA
Joined
Jun 25, 2007
Messages
1,570
How important is a flow meter in a water cooling setup? I'm redoing my loop and thought about adding one in.

My current setup doesn't use a lot of tubing,120mm rad, 240 rad, gpu block, cpu block, and a d5 pump.

Thanks!
 
To me, they are mostly just an accessory. If it looks cool and you like it, why not!
 
If your setup can use one for alarming purposes on loss of flow, then it's a good addition.
 
Unless you have it hooked to an alarm or control circuit that can shut down your system in case of pump failure, a flow meter is about as useful as tits on a bull. :)
 
on modern custom water loops, pump failure wouldn't even be enough to CPU throttle @ idle
I can kill fans and pimp and the box will continue to idle on.
 
I've found that when a pump dies, the computer throttles and or locks up within about 5 seconds.. there's really no time to shut down, so I find a flow meter unnecessary.
 
Back
Top