Flight Sim?

TeeJayHoward

Limpness Supreme
Been out of touch with the sim community for a while now. I'm looking to get back into a flight sim, and I wanted to know what all is available. I was a huge Falcon 4.0 fan back in the day, but I'm thinking I might be done with fixed-wing craft. Are there any good helicopter sims out there? I'd love to have something where I can upload my own 3DS models into the sim for landscape, too - Is that possible? Is there anything more recent or better than Microsoft's Flight Simulator X? Oh, and one of my favorite things about Falcon 4.0 was that every switch in the cockpit worked. You could go through a full checklist before taking off... Is that in any modern sims?

Last edited:
Maybe you should try Falcon 4 BMS 4.32. Requires the original Falcon 4 exe, but has a 3D cockpit and whatnot.

Or try DCS A-10 and Black Shark. Rise of Flight is great, and it is free (only two planes though).

DCS looks like LOMAC with more emphasis on realism. Might give it a shot.
Downloading the X-Plane demo now too. Damn, they've gone a long way since I last looked into them.
TOH looks an awful lot like a game. Is it realistic enough to be a sim? Some of the "features" look fun - Cargo, following another 'copter, etc.

Thanks guys! Keep 'em comin' if ya think of more!

The DCS games are some of the best study sims that have been out in about a decade. They are a no joke, pretty much every switch dial and function is portrayed. Plus they they look great.

Take on helicopters is kindof a spin off of the Arma2 series.. they've added a lot more to it but just so you can get an idea of where it's roots are from.

Back