flight sim

btw are there any good flight sim game forums? I wanna get into the whole flying thing and wanted to know if there was a community of some sort.

Deadpool and Colonel have it right. Also, I have been playing DCS A-10 for a few weeks now (beta). You can get beta access immediately if you pre-order.

Proflight Simulator is nothing more the flightgear, which you can get for FREE http://www.flightgear.org/

The idiot who runs that site is nothing more than a scammer trying to profit on open source software..

not only that but sheese man, that website must have been built by the srcoll-forever retard

but i like IL2 and am looking forward to trying out that warthog action

If your a huge space shuttle fan like myself,
try this one: http://www.space-shuttle-mission.com/
The Demo is a short version of mission STS-1
Every switch, every function of the on board computers is simulated.
I wet myself reaching for my credit card when I stumbled across the website
last year lol.

I would get Lock On: Platinum (Flaming Cliffs 2.0). It is only $20, and offers nice improvements over LOMAC/FC1.

If you want something even easier, you can get the Strike Fighters 2 series. Though, these games feel less complete to me. Not nearly as fun as FC2.

I will be giving DCS Black Shark a try next.

DCS A-10 looks like its going to be fantastic. I am in the same boat waiting for Jet Thunder:

http://www.thunder-works.com/

However, until they come out, I play IL-2: 1946 with Ultrapack 2.0. LOMAC is meh but really the only contemporary combat flight sim out.

X-Plane 10 is coming out within 1-2 months last I heard. X-Plane.org forum is a good spot, but it is NOT affiliated with X-Plane.com (well last I read 1 month ago).

X-Plane Space Flight forum topic index link (haven't read any of these)

So do NOT buy XP9 wait for XP10. I don't think they'd give you XP10 for like $10 if you buy XP9 now. I have FSX and am waiting for XP10. It is supposed to have the best flight characteristics of anyone out there, it is even FAA certified (with an addon or ?). I have flown a real plane years ago a little, even a few times by myself.

I like shooter games better myself but there are communities where you can fly with others and real Air traffic controllers (one of them is the same site that also works with FSX, don't think they work together though, highly doubt it).

I just played FSX for the first time this year 2 weeks ago, but still want to wait for X-Plane. However the Real Environment Xtreme is really cool, now available on X-Plane. I think MegaScenery - Earth_New York will also be available in XP10 (FSX one is 12GB).

Planning on doing a fresh Win 7 64bit install and trying to figure out how I want to partition things. Do I want C part to have most of my programs and XP10 or XP10 and FSX. Or just scrap FSX altogether (probably) and just go with a 64GB C and make a 120GB D part for XP10 with enough room for a bunch of addons. No clue, after writing this I need to go to these forums and write down how much space the majority of people use on XP9 and will probably use on XP10.

Ok I decide to go to XP10 facebook page

Whole world is apparently 75GB, wow bigger than I thought, yeah need to do more reading for sure now.

Last edited:
Getting eyefinity setup for Fsx at home. Thinking about getting a TrackIR too.

I got my pilots lisence about a month ago, and a single monitor just doesn't cut it anymore.

Getting eyefinity setup for Fsx at home. Thinking about getting a TrackIR too.

I got my pilots lisence about a month ago, and a single monitor just doesn't cut it anymore.

Congrats! Are you going for your instrument rating? If so, the sim will really be helpful.

Congrats! Are you going for your instrument rating? If so, the sim will really be helpful.

Nah, just sticking with my VFR for simple good-weathered pleasure flying.

My instructor did give me a lot of crap for playing sims, but I'll be honest, sims nowadays can teach you a ton if you practice the proper things.

Nah, just sticking with my VFR for simple good-weathered pleasure flying.

My instructor did give me a lot of crap for playing sims, but I'll be honest, sims nowadays can teach you a ton if you practice the proper things.

Hehe, pay your instructor no mind. X-Plane helped me a ton when I went through all of my ratings and certificates. I even used it bit for the proceedures and FMS practice when I got hired at my airline.

Hehe, pay your instructor no mind. X-Plane helped me a ton when I went through all of my ratings and certificates. I even used it bit for the proceedures and FMS practice when I got hired at my airline.

That's awesome! I love using the sim for trying to learn flight mechanics and procedures for stuff i cant fly (which is everything but single engine props under 200hp haha!)

Fingers crossed that x plane 10 has better graphics and more true physics.

That's awesome! I love using the sim for trying to learn flight mechanics and procedures for stuff i cant fly (which is everything but single engine props under 200hp haha!)

Fingers crossed that x plane 10 has better graphics and more true physics.

Both FSX and X-Plane 9 are great sims. However if you treat it like you are doing the real thing with as many procedures as possible and try to be strict about it it can help. If X-Plane's flight characteristics can help it feel more like the real thing then all the better. Of course if you get those controls that are like the real thing, at a premium of course it will be for a better experience.

I think the flight characteristics model is great, however for the best immersion experience (well never be as good as real thing) it would really, really help to have very high detailed graphics of the terrain. I do remember the Mega Scenery New York was good, but with only a ATI HD 3650 video card and Intel quad core 2.4ghz Q6600 I know I wasn't getting all the benefits from it and that was 2 years ago. I'm sure some of the custom is even better.

Good luck and have fun with your sim and better yet to real flying.

One thing I hope they change in Xplane10 is the view distance. I can't stand the foggy look. It's a great sim though.

Big X-Plane fan here, the iPhone/Android versions are excellent as well and worth trying.

One thing I hope they change in Xplane10 is the view distance. I can't stand the foggy look. It's a great sim though.

I agree completely, my number 1 qualm with the sim.

from my experience FSX all the way and only with mods tons of mods looks and feels great, but dont play this game wihout mods

x-plane pure shit

for combat you got great mods planes for fsx i was blown away how great they looks, il2 is also nice i was supprice thata it look that good for old engine game and also wing of prey

Back