Flashlight mod + extras

You're right about the aim being off(low and to the right). I have no clue why this is happening as nothing in the changed code would lead to that but I will keep looking. IMO its not that badly off.

Im pretty close to having just a weapons only mod so hang tight.

I found out why its not on target. Kronchev had set:

"launchFromBarrel" "1"

which makes the projectiles actually leave from the player model of the gun. You can see this by shooting the chaingun while strafing. This makes it look much more realistic but cuases the bullets to fall low and to the right. This is a vital feature for weapons with slower projectiles like the rocket launcher, plasmagun and BFG.

shaocaholica said:
Im pretty close to having just a weapons only mod so hang tight.
I've already done it. :)

http://www.auburn.edu/~goldema/Hardmodified.zip

-no added flashlight on weapons
-increased muzzle flash brightness, so it casts more light
-removed lighting effects of the plasma gun, for increased performance

I haven't changed the projectile leaving from barrel yet, to fix the aim. You can do that part. :p
By the way, maybe leaving from the barrel is only half of the equation. Increased recoil + leaving from the barrel means the bullet is coming from even father off-center.

Oh! Speaking of recoil, one more request. Can you tone down the recoil on the chain gun? It kicks back so far that I can't see the ammo display. :(

Do you really think looking at the ammo display while firing is something you should do in combat? Seems to me you should be watching your target.

Tsumari said:
Do you really think looking at the ammo display while firing is something you should do in combat? Seems to me you should be watching your target.
Heh, good point.

shaocaholica said:
This is a vital feature for weapons with slower projectiles like the rocket launcher, plasmagun and BFG.
What did shao mean by this? Having the projectile actually fire from the weapon is beneficial to those such weapons? Why? What difference does it make?

My guess is that since you can see the projectile much better, it is more important to render the first second or so correctly. Let me know if I'm off on that =P

Tsu

how do you make a mod for a game i havent the slightest clue on what program to use or nothin could someone help

you can open the pk4 files inside the doom 3 / base folder with winzip or winrar, any of those programs. From there, extract the file you want to change, modify it with notepad or wordpad, then re-archive those files into a new .pk4 file whose folder structure matches the folders and files you want to replace. Make a subfolder in doom 3 with the name of your mod, and put your pk4 file in there.

Tsumari

shaocaholica

thanks for posting the HQ video

I have the doom3 game, but I cannot play it until I get my new computer

Please post more videos if you can, maybe even with sound.

I have trouble seeing the crosshair. The light makes it very dim.

is anyone else having this problem?

how do i archive to .pk4, theres no option i can find in Winrar to do it. i just made my guns a lil more stronger and made the clip size of the shotgun 12 instead of 8. modding doom3 is quite easy

Anyone played Aliens vs. Predator 2?

The marine has a shoulder mounted flashlight that shines on the floor ahead of him

When he gets closer to an object, the lighting spreads upwards toward the crosshair.

A very basic and simple question that someone could answer for me...

With these light mods, they would not be in effect in multiplayer mode right? These mods only work for single player?

I had to move all my stuff to my new house in pitt over the weekend so I haven't had time to look at the proposed issues.

The chaingun does kick way too much which obscures the GUI offscreen. This is because of the higher rate of fire coupled with the original soft recoil compensation. I already fixed this issue but I havne't released it yet.

If no one else has said it, thanks for your work on this mod. I'll enjoy the weapon only mod when you come out with it.

A question I raised earlier though. Is it possible to do the flashlight/weapon mod but be able to turn the weapon flashlights on/off? That would be interesting.

Rhys said:
If no one else has said it, thanks for your work on this mod. I'll enjoy the weapon only mod when you come out with it.

A question I raised earlier though. Is it possible to do the flashlight/weapon mod but be able to turn the weapon flashlights on/off? That would be interesting.

I think kronchev is doing something like that with console commands to turn off the weapon lights...Not sure though, please correct me if I am wrong...

i just got back from vacation and now have the game. Any more progress or has all work stopped until the sdk comes out.

Question about the Soul Cube and Nightmare difficulty.

Beat the game on medium difficulty without the mod, decided to play on Nightmare with the mod.

Just started the game and I realize I have the soul cube. Is this normal on Nightmare, or is this a result of the mod?

Sorry if this has been covered, I didn't want to read through 11 pages of this thread...

well I started at the end of this thread so I'll answer: yes, you get the soul cube on Nightmare by default. This, I have read.

yes, it is givin by default. while reading the readme file givin with the mod, i noticed people are looking to make this thing work in the mod menu. Its pretty easy to do that as i found out, does anyone want to know how or is it already general knowledge?

Back