Flaming! Crucial Ballistix 2GB kit DDR2-800

One of my sticks would fail memtest at 320 and the other would fail at about 380. They both are on the way back to Crucial. Crucial was very easy to deal with, offered to cross ship, and they have shipped out the replacement sticks quickly. Now if the replacement sticks are bad then I'm going to be pissed.

Hmmmmm

What voltage did you have them at? I really haven't heard any bad things about these pairs.

MC FLMJIG said:
How are you guys doing with these?

Should post results soon.

I am very impressed with this RAM overall for my new Conroe build. (See sig)

The only downside to the RAM I have found is the Mail in rebate process thru ZZF.
*Send the UPC from the anti-static bags* if you havent sent the rebate yet, FYI.

I just got my rebate denied by only sending the UPC from box and not from anti-static packaging. I am going to dig for the anti-static bags to complete the MIR.
Hopefully I didnt toss em. I will keep ya posted.

But all in all I am very impressed with the memory.

MC FLMJIG said:
Hmmmmm

What voltage did you have them at? I really haven't heard any bad things about these pairs.

I had them at 2.2v with timings set at stock 4-4-4-12. I tried to increase the voltage past 2.2v and loosen the timings but that did not make any difference.They consistently failed memtest86+ on test 6 when the FSB was above 375.

I'm happy to report that my first 2GB are sitting happily at 425 with 4-4-4-15 timings. Definitely can't beat the price on these sticks.

I've got a second 2GB set in the mail right now from a friend - 2 addresses = 2 rebates. I do a lot of video editing and I can't wait to see how much more quickly things go with 4 gigs.

grenadier said:
I'm happy to report that my first 2GB are sitting happily at 425 with 4-4-4-15 timings. Definitely can't beat the price on these sticks.

I've got a second 2GB set in the mail right now from a friend - 2 addresses = 2 rebates. I do a lot of video editing and I can't wait to see how much more quickly things go with 4 gigs.
Is that 1:1 or 1:2 or 2:3 or ????

i just ran superpi and at 2.1 nada. upped it to 2.2 and seeing if it will do stock.

Just came back from doing errands and Super was complete. I needed 2.2 for 800 1T and 4 4 4. ;)

Now that I have some time on my hands... maybe I try to see how these do.

pics

Can't beat that for the price.

I know what the cpu does so my main interest is to see how far these ram modules can go. I wonder how high they can go!

VDimm undervolting a bit. DFI Ultra AM2.

I can't use metest so it is VERY time consuming for me to find this without taking lots of time which I don't really have.

I also was running various programs so the Super Pi isn't the best. I don't care bout records just stability.

This rebate was the stupidest thing ever, one part of the rebate form said send the upc from the box, but another part said send the one from the anti-static bag. I sent the one from the box and just got an email saying my rebate was denied, so I had to call them and complain to customer service. They said to call back with my upc (I'm at work now) and they would get it worked out. Has anyone else had their rebate declined b/c of this or is it just me?

I sent the one on the box only, and got my e-mail this week saying it was accepted.

these things are down to 119.99 AR at ZZF. wish i would have waited a tad longer...coulda saved $80.

SevenWords said:
This rebate was the stupidest thing ever, one part of the rebate form said send the upc from the box, but another part said send the one from the anti-static bag. I sent the one from the box and just got an email saying my rebate was denied, so I had to call them and complain to customer service. They said to call back with my upc (I'm at work now) and they would get it worked out. Has anyone else had their rebate declined b/c of this or is it just me?

Yep, just got that notice as well. I am glad I took a nice 8 megapixel picture of the rebate form, shipping slip and UPC from the memory modules as well as the box. And, I looked over the form and the instructions clearly state the box UPC but, if you look at the fine print, it indicates the UPC from the static bag. This is why I detest rebates. SUCH a rip off.

I phoned them because the rebate said "upc from the static bag". BUT there were two upcs from the static bags. They told me to send all 3 upc's. I doubt that was required but best safe than out $40.

Ok, well I just got off the phone with the rebate center, and they keep telling my the UPC from my box isn't the one for the rebate, even though the kit numbers are the same, and I got the rebate form from the same page on ZZF. If anyone who did this still has their box or a copy of the UPC can you post it here so I can figure out if its just me or if I got the wrong box from ZZF, cause frankly this is driving me nuts. All my other rebates so far have gone through just fine.

SevenWords said:
Ok, well I just got off the phone with the rebate center, and they keep telling my the UPC from my box isn't the one for the rebate, even though the kit numbers are the same, and I got the rebate form from the same page on ZZF. If anyone who did this still has their box or a copy of the UPC can you post it here so I can figure out if its just me or if I got the wrong box from ZZF, cause frankly this is driving me nuts. All my other rebates so far have gone through just fine.

I also got denied for my rebate which I mentioned in an earlier post.
Luckily I saved the anti-static bags with sku and seriel numbers.

I have yet to get my documentation back in the mail to correct the problem.
Do you recommend calling them over the phone ?

Good Luck and keep us posted.

I mailed right b4 the rebate expired. I sent BOTH upc and bag. If they say i sent too much info I will be pissed. LOL

If you call the number from the rebate form you just get an automated with only two options. If you ignore it and don't press anything for a little while eventually you get transferred to an operator. The first time I called they said if I called back with the correct UPC they would approve it. So tomorrow I'm going to try calling them with the UPCs from the anti-static bags and if that doesn't work then I'm going to call ZZF and bitch them out, b/c this is ridiculous. Has anyone gotten their rebate back yet? If so which UPC did you send?

I also had the rebate error, and i spoke with a operator at the rebate center and i explained to them the situation, and she went ahead and processed my claim.

"We have received your submission and it is being processed. The estimated mail date for your check is 10-Nov-2006."

upc's from the bags sent in right after the ram was received

I sent the one from the box, as it says on the top of the form. I guess the fine print never registered :)

I just called them up, and after waiting through the menu, I talked with someone. He asked me to read "either" UPC, so I read him the one from the box first, and he said it was invalid. Then, I read the one from the bag, and it worked fine.

So, if they ask, just read the one from the bag, and you should be good to go. You don't even have to send it in again--at least, the guy didn't tell me to :)

my father and i ordered from zipzoomfly... we both just sent in the upc from the box.. they refused his and i havent heard on mine.. my father called crucial they gonna fix them both and send out rebates...without sending bag upc's...

Crucial is great.

Anyone else post how they are doing with their memory...

Mine needed a bit much V but they barely get warm to the touch so I'm not too concerned.

Looking to c how far they can go soon and trying looser timings.

Mine needed 2.25v for stable overclock with my e6300@ 400fsb with 4-4-4-12 timming.

Can someone post the phone number to call, from the e-mails? I brought my static bags to work today, but forgot to write down the phone number. Thanks!

Thanks. They wouldn't take my info over the phone, but asked me to fax it in.

This is definitely the way to go if you sent in the serial#/upc from the box instead of the bag, just like everyone else has said. Call the number, explain the situation, and they should process it over the phone for you. That's what I did yesterday, seemed to work just fine. They may also ask you what department number the rebate claim was headed to, and you need to tell them # 79560.

That's what I did Friday, just after I got the "Rejected" notice. Called the number, waited thru 2 rounds of the "Press 1 for Bull or 2 for Crap" message, got a person, who was very nice and took the number off the bag and resubmitted my request. They did warn me that it would take 6-8 weeks to get reprocessed.

...of course that leaves me with 2 original UPCs from the anti-static bags......naaa that would be wrong! If they hadn't been decent when I called them I'd be tempted to do the wrong thing!

-thePP

I was able to post with ONE stick of the ram at 1.8V. It would not post with both sticks and DS3 mobo. To fix this, Just boot it with one stick, up the voltage to 2.1V, turn back off (and unplug power cable and count to 10), put in the other stick, and boot her back up.

I had precisely the same problem with my ASUS P5B after upgrading to the 0701 BIOS. Pesky high voltage memory. These manufacturers need to coordinate better to avoid these kinds of problems.

My sticks are running great in the rig detailed in my sig. The rebate is another story. They claim I didn't send the packaging receipt in... I contacted ZZF and they offered to fax me a copy of the invoice, hopefully that will work. I swear I sent two peices of paper, invoice and rebate form... The first time I don't make copies, I get the shaft. bah.

Back