Flaming! Crucial Ballistix 2GB kit DDR2-800

Just wanted to pop back in here real quick to give an update on how the rebate was handled for all those who remember the initial confusion.

I initially sent in the rebate form, along with the cutout from the cardboard box. Posts on here later directed me to the fine print which said to send the UPC from that antistatic bag. Anyway, after taking advice to call the number listed and submitting a rebate request to a guy over the phone a couple weeks after sending in my rebate, i waited.

Lo and behold, today greeted me with not 1 but 2 $40 rebates from the crucial rebate center.

The check numbers were less then 200 apart, and both unique. I can only assume that the rebate center processed my first rebate and decided to honor it even though I sent in the cardboard box cutout, as well as honoring the separate rebate request I phoned in.

I figured my phone request would cancel my other one, I had no intention of milking the system. Now my conscience (angel) kicks in and tells me not to cash both, but then the (devil) other side thinks about presents for christmas for family and friends and it would be a small bit to help out.

Ah well, just wanted to share, and see if anyone else had the same experience or what the outcome was and if you all got 1 rebate in the first place.

Very tempting when you consider you can get an additional $20 if you signed up for the paypal deal right now.

I'm thinking I should dig up the number and call back in, just to be sure. I had problems the first time around and had to resubmit. I never got a confirmation e-mail back.

I believe you can check the status of the rebate on rebatestatus.com. It seems to work pretty well. It looks like I should be getting a rebate on a BFG video card too in the near future :)

Hopefully this is good news:

We have received your submission and it is being processed. Submission status information is updated daily. Please continue to check this website to find the mail date for your submission.

Interesting to see the differences in how they are reporting/handling/processing this. Hope it all works out for you guys

does anyone still have a copy of this rebate? I got rejected saying I purchased prior to the eligible date. How teh fuck does that work???

Didn't get email and never got word of anything :(

i'm going to call tomorrow if not Monday.

On AM2 I know if you OC you really can't. I know Eclipse, I believe, had them @ 1t though. I sometimes wonder how he usually gets extra juice out of some things!

1 of them dies on me too. I really need to call them up.

Back