Flaming! Crucial Ballistix 2GB kit DDR2-800

If I were you guys....I buy the memory. Prices for memory is going up a little bit each day!!

Geez a $100 MIR at NewEgg, not sure I trust that! Still, ZZF is up to $229.99 AR now.

I bit at $209.99 AR from ZZF, after the $40 MIR. Plus a 512 SD card (Thanks for the tip!), and free shipping, the Egg adds $5 for shipping.

Too bad you can't use that $100 MIR from the ZZF deal!

thePP

Well... I'm in for 1 for now. All you can really ask for with memory for conroe is to be able to drop it in, jack the voltage up, and set the bus to 450. This stuff ought to do the trick.

My DDR400 Ballistix were replaced 3x by Crucial before they finally admitted that there was an engineering issue with the ICs and refunded my money 100%. They would die on their own after 1-3 months time.

Keep in mind these new DDR2-800 probably won't have the problem, but after countless hours of troubleshooting the initial issue thinking it was other problems like MB or OS I am mentally damaged when seeing Ballisitix no matter what the price is.

I work in the IT field all day when I get home I want to enjoy my expensive rig not troubleshoot it.

Could anyone suggest a [h]ot deal on a DS3 + e6300 or 6400 combo to pair this memory with?

Well, I had the platinum OCZ ram in my P5B Deluxe, which worked ok (unlike some others with that board/ram combo), but when overclocked it would still get occasional Prime errors even with loose timings. Popped in this Ballistix and it works perfectly overclocked at 4-4-4-12. I'm happy!

generelz said:
Could anyone suggest a [h]ot deal on a DS3 + e6300 or 6400 combo to pair this memory with?
It's not much of a hotdeal per se, but MicroCenter is offering $100 off if you open a credit card account with them. The DS3 and my E6600 were about $10-$20 more than the online stores, but the $100 cash back more than negates it.

I'm so glad I purchased my Corsair memory 3 weeks ago... the exact same memory with the same rebate is $88 more expensive today. (actually the rebates not listed right now so add $30.oo if buying without the rebate.)

Anyways I'd hate to say it... but the price of RAM will sky rocket in price again once Vista is released. Why you ask?.... because there's lots of people who always want to have the newest operating system.

I would suggest anyone considering buying ram to purchase this hotdeal or any other hotdeals on ram they can find.

djnes said:
It's not much of a hotdeal per se, but MicroCenter is offering $100 off if you open a credit card account with them. The DS3 and my E6600 were about $10-$20 more than the online stores, but the $100 cash back more than negates it.

Thanks for the heads up - I may check that out.

Anyone else know of any sweet deals for a DS3+Conroe bundle?

Whats the differences between this and normal value ram? or do people just like to ooo and ahhh at higher digits on the box?

So how does this stuff work with a Core 2 Duo or Extreme that supports 1066 FSB? Do you have to knock the FSB down to 800? Or spring for DDR2-1066 which is just DANG expensive! Or am I just more confuzed that usual?

thePP

PixPirate said:
So how does this stuff work with a Core 2 Duo or Extreme that supports 1066 FSB? Do you have to knock the FSB down to 800? Or spring for DDR2-1066 which is just DANG expensive! Or am I just more confuzed that usual?

thePP
You are confused. Systems use multipliers for this. It would be something like a 4:3 setting...meaning the FSB is 1066 and the memory speed is 800.

1066:800 boils down to 266:200 which is roughly 4:3. It should all be in the BIOS.

generelz said:

D3 + 6300 for $279, page Z6 of Indianapolis Star's Fry's ad, this si the GA-945P-S3, not the GA-965P-DS3, sorry

generelz said:
page Z6 of Indinapolis Star's Friday Fry ad

boostieboy said:
any motherboard that supports 4gb of this ram without dropping the speed?

Would running 4GB of this cause issues with the timings? Do you think I could still reliably get it up to ~900?

Value ram is exactly that. Value. I would say the vast majority of the time you can play very little with timings of speed (mhz). This memory is bought if you want to overclock or perhaps even tighter timings. At this price I really don't think ANYTHING comes close to the performance.

I was able to boot @ 1.8. Someone asked b4.

I had to borrow a monitor. I'm waiting 4 ever and it should be here Monday or Tuesday. I will play with it further.

generelz said:

Fry's Electronics

13148837.gif

centvalny said:
Heres 4GB...4X1GB...Corsair 6400Cas3 and Team Xtreme PC2 8000Cas3...

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/7301/screenshot023hh5.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

what motherboard?

Well, I finally got around to building my system last night and one of my sticks is bad. It won't always go through the post, and is showing some random size for the single stick, like 728 MB. The other stick works perfectly fine. I applied for an RMA, and hopefully ZipZoomFly will ship me a replacement first....but it doesn't look that way. I wanted to have both sticks in, and load RC1 to get a performance score. Then go back to XP and stick with that.

What are the thoughts on these sticks? How do they compare to the G.skill 2GBHZ? Will they perform better, and oc better? I made another thread about it, but thought I'd get more answers in here.

Edman22 said:
What are the thoughts on these sticks? How do they compare to the G.skill 2GBHZ? Will they perform better, and oc better? I made another thread about it, but thought I'd get more answers in here.

I would like to know this as well. I just got approved for NewEgg preferred card and would like purchase some ram soon.

Thanks

For the price these are the BEST mem sticks around.

go to EclipseOC for a taste.

annaconda said:
story of my life, just bought it from ZZF for $199 now $189 :mad:

Not really a "better" deal. You have to fork over 288 first and wait for a $100 rebate. The ZZF deal was $239 less a $40 rebate. Less risk and less short term cash out. Not bad for a $10 premium.

agreed. ZZF has it for $236 after MIR.

Is there any better deal than this? (for any 2x1gb ddr2 800)

Note on the $40 rebate from ZZF...

The top part of the rebate form specifies the "original UPC code from the memory module box". Yet, in the fine print under "Terms and Conditions" specifies "the original UPC code from the anti-static bag that your memory came in".

The regular box UPC will probably work, but I don't feel like taking a chance, so I'm sending both...

i have a DS3, and i couldnt get two 1-gig sticks of ballistix 800 to post.
It WOULD post with one 1-gig stick, so i just up'd the voltage to 2.2V and it would then post with 2 sticks.

Back