Flaming! Crucial Ballistix 2GB kit DDR2-800

n19htmare said:
it says these are 2.2V

Will these work in a DS3?
From what I heard, these will boot fine with 1.8V. So logically, it'd be good on DS3. Someone correct me if otherwise as I'll be running that setup as well.

Well, seemingly contrary to popular beliefs, this RAM isn't fatbody. Of course, I still don't know how well this clocks, but that's not the point of this thread :cool:

stupid FEDEX!! said they couldnt locate my address. lol! so now i gotta go to the location the driver drops the package off to pikc it up at :rolleyes:

Are there any good conroe boards that will handle 2.2v memory?

Aelfgeft said:
Not for DDR2-800. And not for Ballistix. Best performance DIMMs I've ever clapped into a rig.

Corsair XMS, for example, runs $250-$300.

So memory on the AM2 & Core 2 platforms are the antithesis of 939? (*)

(*) IME, with an a64 (939), spending a ton of money on expensive memory is huge waste of cash, since there is virtually no penalty for using a divider....and 2x for memory for a 5% performance makes no sense to me. You're better off spending the money on a better CPU or GPU.

Still running s939 here, which means Id need memory + mobo + CPU to use this, and have absolutely no reason to do that ATM. but...DAMN I want to :(

GLSauron said:
Still running s939 here, which means Id need memory + mobo + CPU to use this, and have absolutely no reason to do that ATM. but...DAMN I want to :(
EXACTLY what I've been thinking for the past week and a half. Sigh. I've got the slight extra money to throw into this, but I won't be able to afford the rest of a new rig for a while yet.

xsoulbrothax said:
EXACTLY what I've been thinking for the past week and a half. Sigh. I've got the slight extra money to throw into this, but I won't be able to afford the rest of a new rig for a while yet.
actually I figure Id need even more than that, as I need either an x4 slot on the mobo (still with excellent OC options) or a whole new machine. :(

Well, the priced raise $5, but they have a new rebate now. Since it's a new rebate, the "one per household" wouldn't apply just because I bought during the last period, right?

I'd like to up my machine to 4GB...

Sposely mem prices are going to go up, we'll see.

Still haven't even tried these. No monitor. Hopefully I'll resolve today. I hate Best Buy. I believe never again..

i have ga-965p-ds3
2 gigs crucial ballistix....
does 900@4-4-4-12
boots right up and is extremley stable e6300 @3150.... great ram

brian633 said:
Anyone tried these on DS3???
futuredenied said:
i have ga-965p-ds3
does 900@4-4-4-12
Woot! I was thinking of picking up a DS3 this week...now I believe I will for sure.

Man. Where were you when I was buying this memory?!?!?! Oh well.

I doubt they'll send to me. They aren't as flexible as NE.

futuredenied said:
i have ga-965p-ds3
does 900@4-4-4-12

What voltage?

boots @ 1.8 or 1.9 @400 no problem runnin 4-4-4-12 @2.2 rated voltage havent really tested it lower just set it at rated and clocked i can check if it will do lower if you like?? still have 2.3 and 2.4 to try but would just as soon leave it at the rated speed..... :D

thanks OP. Price is creeping up. It was $244.99 a few hours ago, now it's at $246.99.

saw the price at newegg(349 - 100 MIR) and had to bite...

does anyone have a link for the 40 dollar rebate. they posted a new rebate on the 11th, but I need the old one.

peleejosh said:
does anyone have a link for the 40 dollar rebate. they posted a new rebate on the 11th, but I need the old one.
Me too, I forgot to save it! :mad: :eek: :(

Woot! I picked up an E6600 and a Gigabyte DS3 tonight. I will be building the new PC this weekend.

We're getting one of the X2 4000 procs w/ 2 X 1 MB cache tomorrow and need to get a mobo an mem. I love crucial mem but as others have asked...will that 2.2 voltage requirement mean trouble in terms of getting what we're paying for. The mobos I'm looking at are the M2NE and the M2N-SLI Deluxe.
Anybody tried this Ballistix mem in one of those moboe's successfully?
It's NOT on listed on the Crucial memory advisor

mickster said:
We're getting one of the X2 4000 procs w/ 2 X 1 MB cache tomorrow and need to get a mobo an mem. I love crucial mem but as others have asked...will that 2.2 voltage requirement mean trouble in terms of getting what we're paying for. The mobos I'm looking at are the M2NE and the M2N-SLI Deluxe.
Anybody tried this Ballistix mem in one of those moboe's successfully?
It's NOT on listed on the Crucial memory advisor
It worked on mine (M2N-SLI Deluxe), but I had to update the BIOS first (did last night), dont try to update thru the internet, donload first (if I'm not mistaken the BIOS version is 0307) only after that my mobo accepted the new memory.
hope it helps

jrcairo said:
It worked on mine (M2N-SLI Deluxe), but I had to update the BIOS first (did last night), dont try to update thru the internet, donload first (if I'm not mistaken the BIOS version is 0307) only after that my mobo accepted the new memory.
hope it helps

Thanks for that!
Are you running it at 800 and if so, did you let it go at auto in the BIOS or set it yerself?
A very reliable friend told me most of those boards are only stable at 533.
Now I'm getting hopeful we might be able to get some great mem for a reasonable amount of moolah.

mickster said:
Thanks for that!
Are you running it at 800 and if so, did you let it go at auto in the BIOS or set it yerself?
A very reliable friend told me most of those boards are only stable at 533.
Now I'm getting hopeful we might be able to get some great mem for a reasonable amount of moolah.
Yes, it is running at 800, I just instaled and let it go, did not make any changes (yet :) )...and it is stable (so far...)

just got mine today with the free sd card. $1.99 for 2 day fedex is def worth it. Now i just need my motherboard, cpu, psu, etc to arrive.

Maverick618 said:
just got mine today with the free sd card. $1.99 for 2 day fedex is def worth it. Now i just need my motherboard, cpu, psu, etc to arrive.

Where is the free SD card??

from page 3...

Maverick618 said:
for those paying with visa

Free 512MB SD card with $200 ZZF purchase

coupon code: VISA93N

the link says its a 256MB card, but when i used the code it came up as a Patriot 512 MB SD card.

as an aside, they also have the lowest price on the e6400 which i ordered, and I used the coupon again. the link states that you can redeem twice per period, which i think ends in february. So hopefully one will arrive with my cpu as well. oh, and free shipping on the cards too.

These were delivered a few days ago, along with the rest of my rig listed below. Be setting it all up when the vid card arrives. I love the look of these, too bad I don't have a window :eek:

Back