Five 2.1 Speaker Set Comparison

Mathemabeat, I personally own the Z-2300 & Creative T3. Out of them day in day out I choose Z-2300 for music, movies & games. My second choice is Z-623. I also have an Audio Engine 5. But I am not going to compare AE5 with Z-2300 since it is a 2.1 comparison.

My best friend has Promedia, Z-2300 & Z-623. He also have Klipsch HiFi products adorning his house. He is a crazy Klipsch fan-boy. He bought the Z-2300 after hearing mine. Though according to him Klipsch is a HiFi company and should not be compared with Logitech, but according to him this Z-2300 is more than a match to the Promedia's. That is the reason why he bought the Z-2300 at first. I have listened to the Promedias for hours & days. And both me and my friend choose Z-2300 & Z-623 over Promedia.

I have heard the Corsair SP2500. But only for half an hour in a showroom from where my friend bought the Z-623. But that was an intense half hour session. I took my own songs(FLAC) in my pen-drive to find the strengths & weakness of SP2500.

SP2500 have Z-2300 type of chest thumping bass. Z-623 also fall in the same group. SP-2500 like the Z-2300 have the ability to decimate the Promedia with its bass. The SP2500 satellite behavior is uncertain. Tones seemed to be accentuated than Z-623 in some areas while in some other areas tones are missing.

For example: in a duet song I can hear the male voice very loud while the female voice was weak. Playing the same song on Z-623 the male voice is not as loud as SP2500 but then the female voice is not that weak either. Ditto Promedia.

I seems that Z-623 & Promedia satellites are more stable & have an uniform loudness through out the frequency range. Both of them are very smooth & subtle. On the other hand SP2500 satellite acts like a bare chested beast & are are ultra loud. First time out you are gonna love those SP2500 not doubt, but on the long run I do not know.

The difference between Z-623 & Promedia satellite came into light when i played the Yanni's "Nightangle" track. That track has so many audio instruments & the 10-20kHz advantage of Z-623 was clearly present but the difference was not sea apart . Still Z-623 was better.

Note: My friend believes that Klipsch have downgraded their Promedia recently. According to him his first Promedia bought way back in 2000 was way better than his recent 2010 version. Unfortunately that set went bust in two years time so I cannot verify that. Since this is a current topic under discussion we should stick to the recent version.
Off-topic but why did your friend get three low-end computer speakers? Does he use it for multiple computers? Because he could have a VERY nice RP5/RP6/BX5a/AE5 + sub 2.1 setup for that price

I have heard the Corsair SP2500. But only for half an hour in a showroom from where my friend bought the Z-623. But that was an intense half hour session. I took my own songs(FLAC) in my pen-drive to find the strengths & weakness of SP2500.

So to get this straight, You heard the Corsair only for a half hour and in a showroom?

A.) The speakers just were announced at CES which was less than a week ago, I'm shocked you already heard them in a showroom much less that retail stores had them in time for you to listen to based your previous posts about them.

B.) You are basing your information from what you heard in a SHOWROOM (If you even have listened to them) which is like trying to compare TV's at the Best Buy TV wall.

Sounds to me like you're completely biased towards Logitech no matter the case. Every review site outside of Tomshardware has absolutely loved these speakers (in which case I'm curious if it was due to their lack of using a good quality sound card). Buy a set of these speakers and spend some time with them before you continue to bash them. Using a thirty minute listening in a showroom... ugh what a Logitech fanboi.

So to get this straight, You heard the Corsair only for a half hour and in a showroom?

A.) The speakers just were announced at CES which was less than a week ago, I'm shocked you already heard them in a showroom much less that retail stores had them in time for you to listen to based your previous posts about them.

B.) You are basing your information from what you heard in a SHOWROOM (If you even have listened to them) which is like trying to compare TV's at the Best Buy TV wall.

Sounds to me like you're completely biased towards Logitech no matter the case. Every review site outside of Tomshardware has absolutely loved these speakers (in which case I'm curious if it was due to their lack of using a good quality sound card). Buy a set of these speakers and spend some time with them before you continue to bash them. Using a thirty minute listening in a showroom... ugh what a Logitech fanboi.

.... the nerd rage from the Klipsch fanboys is truly amusing.

Off-topic but why did your friend get three low-end computer speakers? Does he use it for multiple computers? Because he could have a VERY nice RP5/RP6/BX5a/AE5 + sub 2.1 setup for that price

Yep, he have three laptops & two PC's. He is an audiophile, but the best quality about him that attracted me the most is that he is not a snotty one. He respects his HiFi & are also happy with his PC Speakers. And he does not compare between the two.

He does not posses this kind of attitude:"How dare you talk about PC Speakers? Don't you know they are always a piece of shit? Don't you know they always have high crossovers? Don't you know bookshelves are every thing in the world? Don't you know that 2.1 PC speakers hurt our manhood? How dare you look positively into a review? How dare you see a glass half full and not half empty? Don't you know all review's around the world are done by nuts? Don't you know "Listen to your monkey ears" is everything? How dare you ignore us? How dare you do not take our comments? How dare you do not join our bookshelf club so that we jump on any new member taking about PC speakers as a swarm of piranhas and eat him alive?

Fuck your views. Our subjective view is everything.
"

Last edited:
.... the nerd rage from the Klipsch fanboys is truly amusing.

Yep, he have three laptops & two PC's. He is an audiophile, but the best quality about him that attracted me the most is that he is not a snotty one. He respects his HiFi & are also happy with his PC Speakers. And he does not compare between the two.

He does not posses this kind of attitude:"How dare you talk about PC Speakers? Don't you know they are always a piece of shit? Don't you know they always have high crossovers? Don't you know bookshelves are every thing in the world? Don't you know that 2.1 PC speakers hurt our manhood? How dare you look positively into a review? How dare you see a glass half full and not half empty? Don't you know all review's around the world are done by nuts? Don't you know "Listen to your monkey ears" is everything? How dare you ignore us? How dare you do not take our comments? How dare you do not join our bookshelf club so that we jump on any new member taking about PC speakers as a swarm of piranhas and eat him alive?

"

I'm not a Klipsh fan, in fact I hate their sound but Wow just wow

"
Im having a hard time believing he's an audiophile when his best set of speakers are promedias ;)... unless he has some nice headphones or something

He claimed over at Audiokarma that he has some $10000 or $30000 speakers or something, but he never said what they were or provided any sort of evidence to back it up.

That thread made it to 8 pages long before it was locked - and it has since been deleted, if that gives you an idea of what it was like over there...

It's still in Google's cache - all of the pages - so you can see it if you'd like. It isn't pretty.
Search "audiokarma logitech last of the titans page X", with "X" replaced by the page you want to see.

Last edited:
Thanks. I think I'll take a cue from there.

mjpopcorn.gif

I am famous. From Dylan Rhodes the Dir. of Marketing - Corsair Audio visiting my personal blog

http://rishiguru2300.blogspot.com/

and commenting on the subject to the incredible urge from the members of the HAPPG(Hedonistic Anti PC Speaker Piranha Gang) group of this forum to find my whereabouts. Their trademark is ultra snotty comments on the subject under discussion.

I think never before a person who is a member of this forum was so searched for in the web by this HAPPG group. Let me tell you the reason why:

THEY KNOW WHAT I AM CAPABLE OF

I obliterated this group in this very thread single handedly. The biggest proof of that is you will currently find them off topic to the subject under discussion. They have been obliterated and are currently in hapless state, not knowing how to counter attack.

My strength to fight them comes from the positive feedback in the posts and the inbox bursting out with mails to continue this anti HAPPG movement.

I found their biggest sin is that they always see a glass half empty & never half full.

Also remember, any person commenting to this post negatively belongs to HAPPG group.

Last edited:
Now this has just become entertainment. An audiophool soap opera, if you will.

Thanks Rishi, I haven't had this many laughs as a result of a forum in a looong time.

And you're still blowing smoke up your ass - Dylan Rhodes has certainly not publicly posted on your "blog" - or should I call it an advertisement? - unless you're hiding the post from us. That wouldn't make sense now, would it? I'd still want to see him post on a third party site before I'd believe it, especially since it's not visible now...

OH NO!! WE KNOW WHAT YOU'RE CAPABLE OF.

And it's not much. Pretty lame, actually. You did no obliteration - mostly only making a fool of yourself, trying to overwhelm people with non-facts and ambiguous statements that either don't actually have a definitive meaning or are just plain unsubstantiated with proof. You made it look good - in fact, some parts were in fact decent. But your methods, reasoning, and conclusion are flawed and/or without verifiable facts to back it up. We called you out on it - you didn't like that, and when we started to research about you, it became painfully clear that you have an agenda to push.

Last edited:
So much hatred, so much personal attack, so snotty, uncontrollable nerd rage, so weak.....................

Last edited:
When you're a shady character and your work doesn't hold up to even casual analysis, you will be criticized for it.

Better yet, your response does nothing to refute any of my points. When you're called out on something - like the non-existent Dylan Rhodes post on your blog - you attempt to divert attention from it rather than address the inconsistency.

When you're a shady character and your work doesn't hold up to even casual analysis, you will be criticized for it.

Better yet, your response does nothing to refute any of my points. When you're called out on something - like the non-existent Dylan Rhodes post on your blog - you attempt to divert attention from it rather than address the inconsistency.

Dylan Rhodes copied a portion of my review in this very thread from the blog and provided his views.

The table may turn other-wise: "When you're a shady character and your work doesn't hold up to even casual analysis, you will be criticized for it.Better yet, your response does nothing to refute any of my points."

So much hatred, so much personal attack, so snotty, uncontrollable nerd rage, so weak.....................

I think I have seen the light.

I am going to go out and pickup a pair of the Logitech Z623 speakers. However I am concerned with the fact that the power cable is hardwired and cannot be replaced with a higher quality one. Also I would like to be able to use better speaker cables like Blue Jeans or perhaps MIT Cables. However no Monster for me as they are low end and wouldn't do the Z623 justice.

I believe for a just a few hundred extra dollars, you could transform the Z623 from a mild mannered PC speaker system to a true audiophile experience.

@ RishiGuru - Do you have a recommendation on a power conditioner suitable for these speakers?

Dylan Rhodes copied a portion of my review in this very thread from the blog and provided his views.

The table may turn other-wise: "When you're a shady character and your work doesn't hold up to even casual analysis, you will be criticized for it.Better yet, your response does nothing to refute any of my points."

What? You still haven't shown where Dylan Rhodes commented. Whether it's on your blog, here, or somewhere else, you FAIL at citing.

Even then, it has taken so long and this so-called "comment" by Mr. Rhodes is so well "hidden" that having it suddenly appear isn't going to be convincing - unless it can be shown to have occurred days ago when you first mentioned it.

The tables aren't being turned. You're just really beginning to show how much of a fool you are. Blowing smoke up your ass, as I said before.

PROOF. Not diverting tactics to draw people away from your unsubstantiated claims. That's all I ask. You entirely fail at providing it.

What? You still haven't shown where Dylan Rhodes commented. Whether it's on your blog, here, or somewhere else, you FAIL at citing.

Even then, it has taken so long and this so-called "comment" by Mr. Rhodes is so well "hidden" that having it suddenly appear isn't going to be convincing - unless it can be shown to have occurred days ago when you first mentioned it.

The tables aren't being turned. You're just really beginning to show how much of a fool you are. Blowing smoke up your ass, as I said before.

PROOF. Not diverting tactics to draw people away from your unsubstantiated claims. That's all I ask. You entirely fail at providing it.

Man, you are the most negatively oriented person I ever have the privilege to chat with.

Dylan Rhodes is in the sixth post of this thread.

It seems you do not see a glass half empty even if it is half full, you actually see it full empty.

I think I have seen the light.

I am going to go out and pickup a pair of the Logitech Z623 speakers. However I am concerned with the fact that the power cable is hardwired and cannot be replaced with a higher quality one. Also I would like to be able to use better speaker cables like Blue Jeans or perhaps MIT Cables. However no Monster for me as they are low end and wouldn't do the Z623 justice.

I believe for a just a few hundred extra dollars, you could transform the Z623 from a mild mannered PC speaker system to a true audiophile experience.

@ RishiGuru - Do you have a recommendation on a power conditioner suitable for these speakers?

Very naughty, naughty comments but wise. You are my favorite & the best of the rest. I also like Joe Average for his perseverance.

Your greatest strength is that you do not criticize a lot, and is not hot headed. You analyse & think. I like your strengths.

Last edited:
Man, you are the most negatively oriented person I ever have the privilege to chat with.

Dylan Rhodes is in the sixth post of this thread.

It seems you do not see a glass half empty even if it is half full, you actually see it full empty.

Okay, thanks for finally pointing it out for me. I searched but couldn't find it.

As for a glass that is 50% occupied by liquid - it's not half full or half empty - it's a glass that's twice as big as it should be.

Okay, thanks for finally pointing it out for me. I searched but couldn't find it.

I understand you completely Blackbeard Ben, you can never find any positives about a person or an object under discussion. You always need third party support for that. Thats why I am here.

As for a glass that is 50% occupied by liquid - it's not half full or half empty - it's a glass that's twice as big as it should be.

I admit though, you are very good in pointing out the negatives about a person or an object under discussion all by yourself. Thats why you are here.

See what I mean guys.

Last edited:
Regardless you base your claims of the logitech systems from a biased perspective and lacking anything worthwhile. You even stated you listened only to the corsair system in a showroom and seem to be taking the only review (because it's the only one that provided graphs, regardless of Corsair stating that it was due to a eq setting and are in talks with toms) but the other ten sites with reviews who absolutely love it are disregarded.

The logitech system was great for it's time but it has been dethroned.

How come you know that? How come I know that you are not biased?

How do I know that? You made a blog post about how the z2300 is "The last of the titans" and posted in the thread I made about the Corsair system (before the official review posted here) and I quote, "I will go for Logitech Z-623." which you posted on 1-11-11 at 9am. Why is the time relevant? CES 2011 was Jan. 6th through the 9th, meaning you were making a biased opinion. The chances of a B&M store having them the day after CES ended are very very slim, let alone having a set to "test" in a showroom. Granted you could have been at CES but listening to the system at CES would NOT give time to properly field a completely unbiased decision unlike "I will go for Logitech Z-623."

Frankly I don't care if you know or don't know that I am or am not biased as I'm not saying something is the prophet system unlike yourself.

I find it funny that almost any thread you visit you show your unyielding loyalty to Logitech speaker systems. There really is no point in talking to someone who's biased and unwilling to change their opinion, the Logitech speakers (the Z2300, I'm not sure about the z623 as nobody I know has them) sound muddy when you turn the volume up. This is a personal observation and one that other people who've posted on this forum have also agreed with.

Do I think the Corsair price point is high? Absolutely, especially when you compare it to the other 2.1 systems out right now. It's the main reason I haven't ordered the set yet. I keep searching Google each day for more reviews and more information (Linus Tech Tips has been the best so far outside of reviews) to help me sleep better about spending the extra money for the Corsair system. I have quite a few people telling me to skip the systems all together and go with the M-Audio AV40 speakers then add a sub at a future date and spend just a little more for much better quality. I'd like to hear them in person and judge for myself but BB doesn't have the SP2500 nor does my local BB have the AV40's. I've heard the Klipsch set and it sounds great but lacks the bass output the Logitech z2300 (again, no idea about the z623) has. It's why I'm hoping the Corsair system is like the child of those two systems of clarity and bass. Eagerly awaiting more reviews from consumers for this system.

My comment "I will go for Logitech Z-623" came from the fact that spending $260 in SP2500 will not provide you with a sea change in the terms of sound quality when compared to $140 Z-623.

When you are spending that amount of money, better go for Audio Engine 5($325). I admit AE5 with mid woofers & tweeters will not rattle the walls of your room, but they are pretty powerful for bookshelves(I own one of them) and they will bowl you over in terms of sound quality. Later add a sub to the system.

Note: AE5 maybe good to my ears but not to yours. So have an audition before buying. I never do compare between my Z-2300($110) & my AE5($325) in terms of sound quality & performance. Just look at the difference in price. AE5 is three times costlier than Z-2300. You pay more you get more. Also I am not as nerdy to do this kind of silly comparison. So, when you are paying more than two times of Z-2300 to get the SP2500, it is better to go a little higher and get the AE5. Or you can wait for an year to let the price of SP2500 fall, and I am quite certain by next winter these sets will be available at sub $200.

Frankly I don't care if you know or don't know that I am or am not biased as I'm not saying something is the prophet system unlike yourself.

Same goes for you.

How do I know that? You made a blog post about how the z2300 is "The last of the titans" and posted

At least I have the ability to create a blog and write some quality stuff that even Dylan Rhodes, The Dir. of Marketing, Corsair got attracted to & comment.

Do you have anything like this to your credit?

From what I heard: "One needs to be a king to judge another king"

Last edited:

My comment "I will go for Logitech Z-623" came from the fact that spending $260 in SP2500 will not provide you with a sea change in the terms of sound quality when compared to $140 Z-623.

When you are spending that amount of money, better go for Audio Engine 5($325). I admit AE5 with mid woofers & tweeters will not rattle the walls of your room, but they are pretty powerful for bookshelves(I own one of them) and they will bowl you over in terms of sound quality. Later add a sub to the system.

Note: AE5 maybe good to my ears but not to yours. So have an audition before buying. I never do compare between my Z-2300($110) & my AE5($325) in terms of sound quality & performance. Just look at the difference in price. AE5 is three times costlier than Z-2300. You pay more you get more. Also I am not as nerdy to do this kind of silly comparison. So, when you are paying more than two times of Z-2300 to get the SP2500, it is better to go a little higher and get the AE5. Or you can wait for an year to let the price of SP2500 fall, and I am quite certain by next winter these sets will be available at sub $200.

Really.. never?
" have a Audio Engine 5. It sound like the voice of an angel while playing music.But I still rate my Z-2300 over AE5 in movies & games, Z-2300 have that THX imprinted thunderous effect which is so much required while watching Transformers : Revenge of the Fallen or playing Need For Speed : Hot Pursiut. And I will never compare between this two since AE5 costs three times the Z-2300. When you pay more you deserve to get more. It is comon & natural."
Sure sounds like a comparison to me.

RishiGuru said:
Same goes for you.

Yet you continue to have to "defend" yourself.

RishiGuru said:
At least I have the ability to create a blog and write some quality stuff that even Dylan Rhodes, The Dir. of Marketing, Corsair got attracted to & comment.

Do you have anything like this in your credit?

The blog post you made was in-depth and had quite a bit of information about a single product, well technically two. In your thread you made bringing the entire blog post over here you continually have to sit defending the system. Quality products don't need someone to defend them, the Logitech sold really really well due to the gobs and gobs of bass it offered to the consumer, that's all.

Let's go visit your awesome blog (just for note: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&defl=en&q=define:web+log ):
Hmm the name.. rishiguru2300 with only four blogs. Logitech z623, Logitech z2300 titans, Logi vs Gigga, and stop copying my work.
Let's see here, pictures taken from all over the web, graphs with no information backing them (like how toms did it), a completely unknown person with a completely unbiased blog right?

So every single place you post it's the same rehashed copy from your "blog" with (aside from the Logitech forums, surprise) you sitting there defending what the post says. Doesn't sound like much to call "credit".

RishiGuru said:

Seriously, are you an adult? You expect people to take you seriously and you act like a child. Grow up.

Really.. never?
" have a Audio Engine 5. It sound like the voice of an angel while playing music.But I still rate my Z-2300 over AE5 in movies & games, Z-2300 have that THX imprinted thunderous effect which is so much required while watching Transformers : Revenge of the Fallen or playing Need For Speed : Hot Pursiut. And I will never compare between this two since AE5 costs three times the Z-2300. When you pay more you deserve to get more. It is comon & natural."
Sure sounds like a comparison to me.

That is not a comparison but preference. In my above quote do you find anywhere I am saying "Z-2300 sound quality is better than AE5". Time to grow up & posses the necessary knowledge required to understand the difference between "comparison" & "preference".;)

AE5 may have superior sound quality than Z-2300, but in no way can create the cinematic experience or the gaming experience that the Z-2300 can procreate, hands down.:p

Yet you continue to have to "defend" yourself.

How come? :confused:

The blog post you made was in-depth and had quite a bit of information about a single product, well technically two.

Thanks man.:)

Let's see here, pictures taken from all over the web, graphs with no information backing them (like how toms did it), a completely unknown person with a completely unbiased blog right?

It seems you do not see a glass half empty even if it is half full, you actually see it full empty.:(
Thanks for letting us know.:rolleyes:

Seriously, are you an adult? You expect people to take you seriously and you act like a child. Grow up.

I thought Dexter was a ten-year-old boy. Cartoon Network......Dee Dee was his elder sister............... "Mandark" was Dexter's enemy................. Wait!!!!!!

I am not MANDARK.:D

Any way, I found your blog in wiki: Dexter's Laboratory

Oh, sorry you are Dextar. Anyway, I loved those cartoons.

Last edited:

Sorry I just need to clear this up a bit...

That is not a comparison but preference. In my above quote do you find anywhere I am saying "Z-2300 sound quality is better than AE5". Time to grow up & posses the necessary knowledge required to understand the difference between "comparison" & "preference".;)

AE5 may have superior sound quality than Z-2300, but in no way can create the cinematic experience or the gaming experience that the Z-2300 can procreate, hands down.:p

I'm sorry but what you're doing is comparing. You are comparing based on preference, but you are comparing. Perhaps you dont know the definition of compare and are thinking of something different...

Definition of "compare"

First definition "examine and note the similarities or differences of;". Simply by saying "one costs $100 and the other costs $300" is making a comparison, you are comparing the difference in price. In your various writings you often compare the sound of the Z2300 and AE5.

"AE5 may have superior sound quality than Z-2300, but in no way can create the cinematic experience or the gaming experience that the Z-2300 can procreate, hands down."

That is, by definition, a comparison, you are comparing the differences between the speakers. It might be a subjective comparison or it might be your opinion, but it is a comparison none the less.

Sorry I just need to clear this up a bit...

I'm sorry but what you're doing is comparing. You are comparing based on preference, but you are comparing. Perhaps you dont know the definition of compare and are thinking of something different...

Definition of "compare"

First definition "examine and note the similarities or differences of;". Simply by saying "one costs $100 and the other costs $300" is making a comparison, you are comparing the difference in price. In your various writings you often compare the sound of the Z2300 and AE5.

"AE5 may have superior sound quality than Z-2300, but in no way can create the cinematic experience or the gaming experience that the Z-2300 can procreate, hands down."

That is, by definition, a comparison, you are comparing the differences between the speakers. It might be a subjective comparison or it might be your opinion, but it is a comparison none the less.

Preference Definition

Preference means: "a strong liking" or "grant of favor or advantage to one over another"

So when I said: "...have a Audio Engine 5. It sound like the voice of an angel while playing music.But I still rate my Z-2300 over AE5 in movies & games, Z-2300 have that THX imprinted thunderous effect which is so much required while watching Transformers : Revenge of the Fallen or playing Need For Speed : Hot Pursiut. And I will never compare between this two since AE5 costs three times the Z-2300. When you pay more you deserve to get more. It is comon & natural."

It meant I have a strong liking of AE5 over Z-2300 in music and hence a preference of AE5 over ZN5.

When I said "I still rate my Z-2300 over AE5 in movies & games" it meant grant of favor or advantage to Z-2300 over AE5 in movies & games.

Both follows the definition of preference.

Also when I said " I will never compare between this two" means I am not trying to compare. I just prefer one
over the other.

Tudz, I think the difference of our subjective thoughts regarding the same sentence led to two complete different interpretations. It depends on how the person interprets this sentence.

But, thanks to your contribution. You provided one of the best examples of how subjective thoughts about a word or an object varies from person to person.

It further solidifies my point that objective review of a product is a substantial part of any review. Subjective part is the rest.

No more: "Just listen to your monkey ears":D

Thanks for the help Tudz.:)

Last edited:
Rishi - just curious, which showroom did you see the Corsair SP2500s in? I'm Indian, so I will understand the cultural / nomenclatural references your superior engineering mind will make :).

Oh, and repeating the same posts over and over again will get you censured.

FIVE 2.1 PC SPEAKER SHOWDOWN

At the end all the "Listen to your monkey ears and give objective review a shit" followers got smacked up in their face. Thanks to all of them for trying to be a smartass and then falling straight on their face. Psoriac a member of this forum bought the SP2500 and did his own subjective review. In his review he told the views and graphs by Tom'sHarware completely matched toe to toe to what I & he had to say:

Psoriac Review

His comments proved that the objective analysis of the audio frequency graph done by Tom'sharware matches toe to toe with all our subjective views.

The audio frequency graph of the five speaker sets:

Also here is the best example that how an audio frequency graph is always speaking the truth.

Tomshardware: "The Corsair SP2500 sounds good to my ear, whether playing back hard-hitting games or all sorts of music. I did notice a kind of hollowness in the mid-range—with vocals particularly—and this does reflect the valley we saw in the frequency response at 3.5 kHz."

Mine: "The SP2500 satellite behavior is uncertain. Tones seemed to be accentuated than Z-623 in some areas while in some other areas tones are missing. For example: in a duet song I can hear the male voice very loud while the female voice was weak. Playing the same song on Z-623 the male voice is not as loud as SP2500 but then the female voice is not that weak either. Ditto Promedia.................................It seems that Z-623 & Promedia satellites are more stable & have an uniform loudness through out the frequency range. Both of them are very smooth & subtle. On the other hand SP2500 satellite acts like a bare chested beast & are are ultra loud. First time out you are gonna love those SP2500 not doubt, but on the long run I do not know."

Psoriac: "Music that involves a lot of mid frequencies (2kHz - 4kHz), especially female vocals, strongly favor the Klipsch; music that involves a lot of high frequencies (8kHz+) or lots of instruments at the same time favor the Corsairs.........................................................Overall, the Klipsch tend to sound a little damped, like music being performed in a well insulated room, while the Corsairs sound bright but slightly hollow, with a weird resonance that can sometimes be harsh. This mostly matches what they found in the 5 speaker roundup thread (just read the first post, ignore the rest of the noise in that thread). For myself, while I'm not 100% happy with the Klipsch, the Corsairs will be getting returned this weekend; they simply aren't $100+ better than the Klipsch....................................The first song that I tried was Samuel Barber's 'Adagio for Strings', performed by the New York Philharmonic. I have heard this performed live by the San Francisco Symphony at Davies Symphony Hall (sitting in the Loge level section G) and in my opinion the Klipsch were able to reproduce this most closely to that experience. This test also first exposed the mid range weakness of the Corsairs, although I hadn't figured it out at this point."

Follow the frequency graph above and look how all our views matches with it. Note that SP2500 with a separate midrange driver & tweeter takes a dip at 500Hz and also creates a valley between 2-5kHz range where cows can graze. Z-623 with a single full range driver have much better frequency response that SP2500 between 200Hz to 20kHz hands down. The Promedia also show much better frequency response than SP2500 upto 10kHz.

So much for audio frequency graphs denote nuts and are done by nuts. So much for "independent midrange & tweeters of SP2500 is going to blow its opposition to heaven". Now they can sit on their own pile of shit and think about the crap they posted in this thread.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Comments on Klipsch Promedia

Tom'sHarware: "Klipsch Promedia : "It rarely shows the highest or lowest response in our tests, and has no obvious weaknesses except a drop-off in the 10 kHz+ range, which is a little surprising when you consider that these speakers are equipped with dedicated tweeters."

Mine: "The difference between Z-623 & Promedia satellite came into light when i played the Yanni's "Nightangle" track. That track has so many audio instruments & the 10-20kHz advantage of Z-623 was clearly present but the difference was not sea apart . Still Z-623 was better."

Psoriac: "Music that involves a lot of mid frequencies (2kHz - 4kHz), especially female vocals, strongly favor the Klipsch; music that involves a lot of high frequencies (8kHz+) or lots of instruments at the same time favor the Corsairs.......................................................................The Corsairs had a definite advantage in high frequencies though, playing them clearly, while the Klipsch tended to have a hard time making them heard...................another difference I had noticed was that the Corsairs did tend to have better clarity when lots of instruments were playing, so I loaded up Ott's 'Jack's Cheese and Bread Snack'. Not only does this song have a lot of things going on at once, it also has a large amount of audio in the 8kHz and even 16kHz+ range. Unsurprisingly, the Corsairs did very well on this song. On the Klipsch the highest frequencies were slightly clipped and parts of the song sounded like some of the instruments were muted."

Follow the graph again and look how all our views matches with it once more. There is a steep drop from 10kHz+ for Promedias. But the Z-623 & SP2500 still holds strong there.

So much for audio frequency graphs denote nuts and are done by nuts. So much for "independent midrange & tweeters of Promedia is going to blow the Z-2300 & Z-623 to heaven". So much for "RISHIGURU IS BIASED TOWARDS LOGITECH".
Those nerdy rage from Klipsch fan-boys & "Monkey Ears Community".

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Those nerds do not have the mental capacity to understand the importance of an objective review. Sure they will change from "Monkey Ears" to "Donkey Ears" and their comments much more mellow from now on.

And so much for "Tom'sHardware is a shit hole and you find shit in there".

It is good time for those nerds to hide in their own shit hole.

As a reward of the unending pile of shit that they created in this thread, I gift them their own slogan that they preached me from their first post: "We the newly renamed "Donkey Ears Community" members of this forum should give a shit to the scientific way of measuring sound equipments & also give a shit to what the other members say, and even if we are all noobs, give a shit to others and buy the shit that is best in our ears."

But beware, they will also suggest you to buy shit, since shit is what they love.

But don't worry, they are easy to identify and have this specific attitude toward newcomers: "How dare you talk about PC Speakers? Don't you know they are always a piece of shit? Don't you know they always have high crossovers? Don't you know bookshelves are every thing in the world? Don't you know that 2.1 PC speakers hurt our manhood? How dare you look positively into a review? How dare you see a glass half full and not half empty? Don't you know all review's around the world are done by nuts? Don't you know "Listen to your monkey ears" is everything? How dare you ignore us? How dare you do not take our comments? How dare you do not join our bookshelf club so that we jump on any new member taking about PC speakers as a swarm of piranhas and eat him alive? Fuck all your views. Our subjective view is everything."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The moderator of this forum is telling me to stop. I respect his decision and also feel that my point is taken and there is no need to continue. I have decided not to participate in this thread anymore which is anyway spiraling down to hell.

But I made my point that subjective review of a audio product is not the only way to judge sound quality. It is the culmination of the objective view + subjective view that makes a review complete. Both are important.

And also that I was able to shake the basic foundations of this "Monkey Ears Community".

At one point I thought of quitting, but some members pushed me to continue.

So how about the question?????

Do not get me wrong Snufykat, but I deliberately avoided your question since I feared it will start another Cold War. But since you insist I will go on....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm Indian, so I will understand the cultural / nomenclatural references your superior engineering mind will make :).

I am quite hurt by you comments TechHead, you indirectly made racial remarks to me. I never ever thought, in my deepest thoughts, that such racist mindset still prevailed in such a well know forum.

Last edited:
^Racial? I'm Indian, you're Indian.. what racial comments did I make? Get off your high horse.

Back