First WC Project: Complete loop in my 600T

Glad to see all the parts made it to you safe and are working out...:D
Your build looks great!!! Let me know if I can help out with anything else.

Sweeeet!!!

Now were cooking!:
Alas, I have it all together and running! And boy is it sweet. Dead silent! And ice cold... :cool:

I got it all cleaned up and looking pretty (minus my crappy pics; they look fine on my dinc2...):
IMAG0245.jpg

Back in it's corner where it's meant to be:
IMAG0250.jpg

IMAG0251.jpg

Temperatures:
I decided to run a little Furmark and 3DMark06 to see what kind of temps I'm getting. All fans knobs set to the middle; no fan spinning faster than 1000rpm:
IMAG0254.jpg

tempswc001.jpg

Originally, my CPU max temp was 42 or so and the GPU was at 80. Not bad; pretty much your run-of-the-mill temps. But NOW, my temps are insane! 31 on the CPU and 39 on the GPU! That's a temp reduction of over 40*C on the GPU! I am pleased.

Currently:
My computer is sitting happily in the corner chugging along silently. The fans are spinning really slowly w/ all 3 knobs on the Kaze Master set to the middle (see pic above). I have no other use for the 4th channel so I have the pump plugged into that just for RPM feedback. No reason, just 'why not'.

Bubbles, bubbles, bubbles:
The pump will make gargling noises periodically for about 1 sec and then it hushes down. Air bubbles I guess. I'm assuming these will work their way out. As others have said, this Eagle res by Tecnofront is not the best.

Happy me!:
I'd say I am quite pleased with the out come of my first water cooling loop. It was quite fun to setup. An adventure of mixing two things that don't generally get along together: water and computers.

My computer is quiet and cool. Just what I was looking for. There are a lot of turds and neh sayers out there who's only comments are negative, but guess what kids; it's not your computer :)

Now off for some much deserved gaming!!

Yut,

cmadki4

EDIT: I was able to get my GPU up to 45* playing BatmanAA and Arcania (Gothic 4)

Last edited:
Wow, nice temps....

I am trying to get a nice setup off a guy on Craigslist to do just this.

very nice man, i'm lookign to do something similar to this soon as well :D

Thank you, one and all for the compliments! I am quite pleased with how it turned out. Now if I can just get my Steam version of Oblivion to run I'll be in business!

Also, I picked up some jumbo blue LEDs to wire up behind my reservoir so I can see my water flow. More to come on that as I make it happen.
IMAG0270.jpg

Looking very very sweet!
I think you have caught the once you start you cant stop bug:)
Nice temps also!

Looking very very sweet!
I think you have caught the once you start you cant stop bug:)
Nice temps also!

Haha, yeah, I do believe I'm addicted now. Fan upgrades next. But I'm extremely happy with it now. I may be coming to you for a different (non bay) reservoir sometime in the near future. ;)

Looks awesome man, how was it mounting that 120 rad in the back? I'm thinking of getting a 600t...any reason to mount the rad on the outside of the case?

Looks awesome man, how was it mounting that 120 rad in the back? I'm thinking of getting a 600t...any reason to mount the rad on the outside of the case?

Thanks! It's been a joy to have such low temps and have it so quiet still.

The 120 radiator wasn't hard to mount. Basically the same as you would with any radiator or H50-like system. Easy. I wouldn't mount it on the outside for the reason of having the tubing routed outside the case.

Unless you wanted to cut two holes in the case to allows the rad barbs to poke into the case when mounted on the outside. Mounting the rad on the outside would allow you to do a push/pull fan setup. As mine is I don't have room for another fan on the inside.

But the way mine is set up right now works like a champ!

Just did a quick little experiment:

I ran Furmark w/o fans. First just the XT120 rad fan off. Then also turned off the 2 fans on the 240.

I was a bit surprised!

Furmark 8min: 120 Rad Fan OFF / 240 Rad Fans ON

Room ...... 27*C
GPU ........ 47*C
CPU ........ 40*C

Furmark 8min: 120 Rad Fan OFF / 240 Rad Fans OFF

Room ...... 27*C
GPU ........ 56*C
CPU ........ 45*C

I expected the temps to go through the roof, but they didn't. Does this mean I have a large margin/headroom in my setup? Or rather is my setup excessive for my current hardware?

I expected the temps to go through the roof, but they didn't. Does this mean I have a large margin/headroom in my setup? Or rather is my setup excessive for my current hardware?

You answered your own question;). You have a relatively cool running cpu, and that MB doesn't output much heat into the overall system. If you swapped your setup for a heavily o/c'd i7 @ 4Ghz+, those temps without fans would surprise you. Glad to see you got everything together. It looks great!

You answered your own question;). You have a relatively cool running cpu, and that MB doesn't output much heat into the overall system. If you swapped your setup for a heavily o/c'd i7 @ 4Ghz+, those temps without fans would surprise you. Glad to see you got everything together. It looks great!

Hey there! So, I'm getting ready to bump up a little to a 955BE and a 890GXM. The heat factor will go up a bit. I'm also doing a mATX case mod right now and want to pack all my current hardware that's in my 600T into this.

Rather than the 120 + 240 rads, I was thinking I would go to a 360. But do I even need 120 x 3? Could I get away with just 240? Seems that way...

PS: How's that res/pump and rad treating you? :D

Back