First Virtual Console games revealed!!!

Erasmus354 said:
Because if the games are a direct port, similar remastered games are available on XBLA for the same price.

...assuming that said games are also available on XBLA, you mean. If Nintendo releases a Link To The Past at $8, that's cheaper than you will find the SNES version, and you can't get it on XBLA. Obviously they should lower prices if the same game is cheaper on XBLA, but obviously that won't happen with first party Nintendo games.

MrGuvernment said:
for sure they got to add

Metroid / Super Metroid
AeroBiz
007 goldeneye :)
Top GEAR!!!!!! has to be added.

I still have my Super Metroid cardtridge... but my snes is almost dead :(

Slartibartfast said:
...assuming that said games are also available on XBLA, you mean. If Nintendo releases a Link To The Past at $8, that's cheaper than you will find the SNES version, and you can't get it on XBLA. Obviously they should lower prices if the same game is cheaper on XBLA, but obviously that won't happen with first party Nintendo games.

Very true.

One other major difference people forget is that all XBLA games have Live (online) play, while all VC games are just emulated ports with offline modes only. Where is the better value ?

*shrug*

The remastered for HD means two things.
One it looks fine on Hd Res screens but two they normally update the gfx (Not always) to show an improvement. And arent they cheaper?

Slartibartfast said:

Sure game for game the same ones wont be available. The point is that similar classic games have more features for the same price on a different platform. Just doesn't seem like a great deal to me. Especially when, god forbid, someone can illegally acquire the same thing for free. With the XBLA ports they have actually added stuff (usually an online component) to the games.

First off, I'm personally a little pissed about the pricing model. Honestly, I think it sucks.

Has there been confirmation of the N64 ports running with updated Frame Rates, AA/AF, or progressive scan?

Thats the only way I would even dream of paying $10 for an N64 title.

Off topic, but mentioned: I would not expect the Wii to be the system that sega successfully gets the Saturn emulated on. I would expect the 360, or PS3 to hit that milestone. (Hopefully the 360, since I won't have a ps3 for a while)

MrGuvernment said:
for sure they got to add

Metroid / Super Metroid
AeroBiz
007 goldeneye :)
Top GEAR!!!!!! has to be added.
Have any of you guys tried to play GoldenEye now? It's a blurry nightmare!! How in the hell did we ever play that?

Back