Bonk's Adventure
Super Star Soldier
Victory Run
Bomberman '93
Dungeon Explorer

See the full article at GameSpot:
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6160819.html

i'm in for mario....

What is the release date on the Wii again?

I think the idea behind releasing a few games at a time is to allow for more sales. That way people won't be overwhelmed by choices and as new games come out over time, they can purchase what they please.

Archaea said:
i'm in for mario....

What is the release date on the Wii again?

I think I'll be in for Golden Axe and Ecco the Dolphin from the Genesis, as well as The Legend of Zelda from the NES.

Answered above, but November 19th is the official release date. It can't come soon enough!

rcf1987 said:
Sweet I hope they add FF3

That particular Final Fantasy is very unlikely to hit the VC (assuming Square is going to participate at all) anytime soon since the updated DS version is already available in Japan and will be released in the US later this month.

The list is notable for the paucity of third-party titles - only one sticks out in fact, and that's SimCity. I wonder if it's due to Nintendo wanting to focus on first party at the beginning (for both increased profit and familiarity) with third-party titles being added in later, or if they're having trouble getting the third parties on board. Hopefully, it's the former.

Babbster said:
That particular Final Fantasy is very unlikely to hit the VC (assuming Square is going to participate at all) anytime soon since the updated DS version is already available in Japan and will be released in the US later this month.

The list is notable for the paucity of third-party titles - only one sticks out in fact, and that's SimCity. I wonder if it's due to Nintendo wanting to focus on first party at the beginning (for both increased profit and familiarity) with third-party titles being added in later, or if they're having trouble getting the third parties on board. Hopefully, it's the former.
well ide imagine good sales numbers on their games would make it easy to get third parties involved. i mean its pretty much free money for them.

It would have been awesome if they had... say... Super Mario all stars on there. As a free title. *drool*

While its a nice selection, I'm really surprised we didn't see any real "heavy hitter" titles on there. Where's Ocarina of Time? the Super Mario series? Super Metroid? Link to the Past? Excite Bike? RC Pro Am?

I doubt we'll see many Final Fantasy titles on there, since 4(2) 6(3) are being ported or have been ported to the GBA. That'd cut into sales. However... Secret of Mana would have been really freakin' awesome. Especially since its a three player game.

Lamont said:
I want Streets of Rage 1~3!!!

Streets of Rage 2 was by far the best in the series. I played the shizz out of that game. Ah the memories.

Price should be 5$ for all NES SNES Turbo Grafx and Genesis games, and then a bit more for N64. Actually NES games should be even cheaper because they probably aren't adding new features and updating graphics like they have been for most of the XBLA ports.

No Super Metroid? Phantasy Star II-IV?

Guess I have to be patient... :(

talley said:
Goldeneye/Perfect Dark anyone?
Maybe on XBLA. Microsoft owns Rare now.

The list is pretty disappointing, at least to me. I only see three or four things I would be interested in, and the pricing is so-so if they didn't update them for network play. It's pretty sad that Sega (!) has a better line-up than Nintendo on there.

Urban Champion! Seriously, that game is a lot of fun, it's a great button mashing one on one, well, "fighting game." Anyways, I love it!

I hope that the virtual console will eventually have Seiken Densetsu 1&3 (Secret of Mana) for Super Faimacom (SNES) with 3 player online support. Bomberman 5 Gold Edition online would also be a dream come true.

erwos said:
Maybe on XBLA. Microsoft owns Rare now.

The list is pretty disappointing, at least to me. I only see three or four things I would be interested in, and the pricing is so-so if they didn't update them for network play. It's pretty sad that Sega (!) has a better line-up than Nintendo on there.
i dont think ms can use those games either.

Everything on that list is either a game I already have, or a game I don't even want... There is quite a few good games on there though. It'll only be a matter of time though, before more is added, and I see something I want, that I don't already have..

HellMaX said:
I want to play Super Mario RPG again, it's been so long...

It only goes for ~$15 on ebay. About two years ago my dad scored a brand new copy for $2.99 :D

You forgot to mention that ALL SNES and Genesis games START at $8. :mad:

spotdog14 said:
no N64 007? I wont be getting one on launch day then... blah!

Go get PDZ for the 360, they just released new maps for it yesterday, one being Facility from Goldeneye64!!

man that an impressive list of available games!!!! I never factored the virtual console in to the purchase of the Wii, but not that I remembered it, I am definitely looking forward to the Wii.

Wouldn't it be sweet if the Wii could emulate Sega Saturn games!!!!
panzer Dragoon
Nights
Virtual on
Guardian Heroes

Doward said:
Now, is this the *original* Mario Bros, or SMB?

Ha, good question! People downloading this expecting to find goombas and Bowser will be in for a surprise!

I wonder if River City Ransom will ever be available for the VC...

gilga said:
man that an impressive list of available games!!!! I never factored the virtual console in to the purchase of the Wii, but not that I remembered it, I am definitely looking forward to the Wii.

Wouldn't it be sweet if the Wii could emulate Sega Saturn games!!!!
panzer Dragoon
Nights
Virtual on
Guardian Heroes

That would be incredible... I'd love to get to play Panzer Dragoon and Virtual On again!

this is a big selling point for me. I would probally play these more than the newer games.

theNoid said:
You forgot to mention that ALL SNES and Genesis games START at $8. :mad:

How is this bad? To get a new copy of Zelda on the SNES would cost significantly more than $8. To get a lot of these games in good condition would cost more, and to get them by themselves will be priced similarly. Personally I think it's a good price. Last time I looked up Gunstar Heroes on ebay it was going for over $20 used.

Slartibartfast said:
How is this bad? To get a new copy of Zelda on the SNES would cost significantly more than $8. To get a lot of these games in good condition would cost more, and to get them by themselves will be priced similarly. Personally I think it's a good price. Last time I looked up Gunstar Heroes on ebay it was going for over $20 used.

Because if the games are a direct port, similar remastered games are available on XBLA for the same price.

So, port which has been remastered for HD and often times network support for 8$

Or, port which is likely the exact same thing as 10 years ago for the same price?

I think compared to the competition they either need to remaster the games (I haven't heard that they are so I am assuming they aren't) or offer the games for a lower price than the competition.

A game re-mastered for HD? So what? That 1x1 pixel of red, now takes up an 8x8 space? DigDug is sweet in HD :D

I just want my Streets of Rage!! And a few others. What sucks is that they are gonna put a ton of games I already own!!!

for sure they got to add

Metroid / Super Metroid
AeroBiz
007 goldeneye :)
Top GEAR!!!!!! has to be added.

Back