first time VR with Vive Pro

Discussion in 'VR & Head-Mounted Displays' started by xorbe, Sep 20, 2018.

1. xorbe

xorbe [H]ardness Supreme

Holy moly, the first few minutes is a head rush, and your brain is grappling with the fact that you're tethered and can't walk everywhere (well even if you weren't tethered.) Where the heck is my noclip so I can fly around? It's crazy immersive like really being some place else, I can't believe how accurate and low latency the headset and handsets are, and how the controllers are rendered in your field of view. I did not expect that level of performance. Had a challenging time getting my eyes or the image focused well though, and a dark room with bright "avatar hands/controllers" will show the circular fresnel lens. (Hah, I thought it was spelled "frenzel" for all these years.) Will try the thin face pads that the other recent thread suggests.

heatlesssun and Dayaks like this.
  2. Hagrid

Hagrid [H]ardness Supreme

Try Windlands/Windlands 2 if you like heights. Can you tell if there is latency?

3. xorbe

xorbe [H]ardness Supreme

Isn't Windlands 2 an Oculus/Facebook exclusive? I have a Vive Pro. Not interested in anything to do with Facebook.

Dudhunter likes this.
  4. Hagrid

Hagrid [H]ardness Supreme

Is it? Weird. Windlands is on steam, but not 2.
    The first one was good as well.

5. SetoTj

SetoTj n00b

ahhh... I remember when I first used Oculus Rift... good times

6. xorbe

xorbe [H]ardness Supreme

After like 90 minutes suddenly Windlands gave me motion sickness. You'd think it'd kick in before 1.5 hours, hah. Well it was time to take a break anyway, it was only mild sickness for about 20 minutes. I don't typically suffer motion sickness, am fine on boats and planes, etc. Though I can't do the jump'n'flip with the big bungie cords on the trampoline at the carvinal, that gets me right quick. I think I'm about 75% through the game. It starts to get a little boring with the vertical climbing, and you just see a lot of wall in your face and looking up at edges.

7. DahlKen

DahlKen [H]Lite

I'm hoping on taking my first adventure into VR with a Vive Pro here soon. Mostly for Elite Dangerous.

xorbe likes this.
Tags: