Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I want to overclock my 920 to just 3.0GHZ. I am completely new at overclocking CPU's. I read that simply increasing the BLK from 133 to 150 will get me to 3.0. What else if needed do I need to change?
I want to overclock my 920 to just 3.0GHZ. I am completely new at overclocking CPU's. I read that simply increasing the BLK from 133 to 150 will get me to 3.0. What else if needed do I need to change?
I want to overclock my 920 to just 3.0GHZ. I am completely new at overclocking CPU's. I read that simply increasing the BLK from 133 to 150 will get me to 3.0. What else if needed do I need to change?
Run some application to load the cores 100%.
A good choice is IntelBurnTest
http://downloads.guru3d.com/IntelBurnTest-v2.3-download-2047.html
I raised the BLK to 150, CPU-Z showed 3.1GHZ. Ran the IntelBurn test on Maximum with 16 threads and was succesfull, load temps where between 70-74 C.
Am I safe to keep it at this?
Yup.
If you want a constant 3.0 GHz 24/7 simply turn off IntelSpeedStep in the BIOS.
I never use it, but that's just me. Some BIOS link turbo with SpeedStep.
The thing you want to remember, normal use,even games, will never push the CPU that hard, so your temps will always be lower.
I might try turning it off, would you see any real world difference when not under load?
I raised the BLK to 150, CPU-Z showed 3.1GHZ. Ran the IntelBurn test on Maximum with 16 threads and was succesfull, load temps where between 70-74 C.
Am I safe to keep it at this?
I might try turning it off, would you see any real world difference when not under load?
And yeah when I ran the burn test I knew that this would push the CPU really hard and if I do successfully pass it I know my temps wouldn't matter anymore since I rarely do anything that demanding.