First time liquid cooling pics

Aus10

[H]ard|Gawd
This is my first time liquid cooling and I am happy with the way things turned out... Here are some pics...

dscn0387i.jpg

By aus1095 at 2011-06-09

dscn0386s.jpg

By aus1095 at 2011-06-09

dscn0385d.jpg

By aus1095 at 2011-06-09

dscn0383d.jpg

By aus1095 at 2011-06-09

dscn0382fx.jpg

By aus1095 at 2011-06-09

dscn0381.jpg

By aus1095 at 2011-06-09

Overall I am happy with the way it turned out. I think it went well. I like my temps. About 61c on the gpu after 20mins of Furmark but my cpu temps still seem high... Im not sure why.. But Anyways I love BP compression fittings but they hurt your fingers after awhile.... What do you guys think? Any advice or tips?

Last edited:
Pump>CPU>GPU>RAD>Pump... I might change it though cuz i heard that you should hit your gpu first then your cpu...

Well at stock i was hitting 62c but im aiming for 4.2 or 4ghz but i have such a power hungry chip lol

Either a bad CPU mount or looks like from your pictures, horrible airflow to the rads. Is it in a cabinent?

It prolly is a bad cpu mount cuz i dont think i added enough thermal compound honestly... And no the rads are pushing air through the rad from the back of the case.... Should i switch them around? I have it overclocked to 4ghz at a + 1.35 volts and im at 78c now... How do i remount it? I know i need to remount the gpu block but im one dont have thermal pads to replace them. And two kinda scard lol. But at 825 on the core clock with a slight. Bump in the voltage furmark im at 63C

Is it under a desk or something? Can you get a wider pic?

I got it at 4gz last night but i was at 76c in a stress test...?

This is a picture of the air flow... I am still figureing out Gimp so The arrows are bad.. but you get the idea... Also the cpu block was in bad condition when i take it off ill post a pic. You guys can tell me if i should replace it or not?....

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ok,ok. Now that I have a clear mind, I'd say its a airflow issue, especially up against a wall like that.

Really? Should I pull it away from the wall a little? Iv got about 1.5" from the rad to the wall now i bet i could get it maybe three inches would that be better? Should i switch the fans around? This also confused me cuz i was running furmark which gets my gpu to about 62 63c but when i run the msi kombuster thing i never go above 52c? Even in the burn in test?

Can you run a push pull on the radiator? That and extra room will help.

Could also be a a poor seating of the CPU block. What kind of TIM did you use?

Also, Nice it looks very nice.

Thank you mannyman, I wont be able to push pull for a lil as i dont have the money to order more fans and i will be replacing that rad once i get my 800D anyways but I used As5 but it was the cpu block was in bad condition atleast i thought. I have been considering redoing the gpu block but i dont have thermal pads to replace them... Ill fire up a quick stress test and report the temps back after about 15mins or so.. I havnt had time to let it run over night im to scard it could screw up or somthing but im at 4ghz now...

Thank you though i really tryed on it and its my first time doing it so but honestly i think the tubing that goes from the pump to the cpu is a little long so i might trim just a bit. Anyways Im going to try to order three more fans and ill just use them on my next rad or i might keep this way for a bit then get some higher cfm blue yate loons... But those are really quite... lol decisions decisions :)

So after about 20mins i top at out at 70c after 8 stress test back to back on my cpu at 1.356 volts...

Also i do disagree with the people that say they dont like that rad and having everything built in together i liked it a lot. It was really easy to use and worked great. Plus i dont have to use as much tubing now. FOr a mid tower it was great but a full tower yeah i would look at seperate items..

Hey I put my 480 at 850 on the core clock with 1.1volts and got up to 66c on a furmark stress test....

Last edited:
I just thought i would have better temps ig. Im going to try to rest the cpu block. The tj max is 100C on my cpu... I ran a test at 875 and got to 66c on the gpu

Maybe you should try reversing the airflow throughout the whole case, switch directions of all the fans, ones at the front and ones on radiator, see if that lowers temps, have the top fan blowing in too. Or perhaps try mounting radiator on top of case.

There isnt enough room to mountit on top of the case though. Notwithout modding which i wont do since im selling it though. I was thinking about switching the fans to create a positive airflow in the case but there isnt much room for the air to be blowen around thel case?

Good looking setup, glad it worked out to your liking. I'll be attempting liquid cooling on my next setup and can't wait to see what kind of temps I get.

Its a lot of fun but a word of advice if youcant figure something out then walk away for a few mins lol

But im ok with my temps they could be better but they are good enough for this setup.

There isnt enough room to mountit on top of the case though. Notwithout modding which i wont do since im selling it though. I was thinking about switching the fans to create a positive airflow in the case but there isnt much room for the air to be blowen around thel case?

I guess you'll just have to try it out and see, write down all the temps using hardware monitor or some such, unscrew and flip fans then write down new temps, see if it makes a difference.

Thats true ill just have to play with it and see how it turns out thanks tho:)

Its a lot of fun but a word of advice if youcant figure something out then walk away for a few mins lol

But im ok with my temps they could be better but they are good enough for this setup.

That's what I did on my last build, it was actually my first build from "scratch". No one ever showed my hands on, so basically just did everything through magazine articles and youtube.
I have to say...the self satisfaction you get from it is pretty great. Not that building a computer is some amazing feat, it still feels good :D

I agree with you. Building a computer is great but water cooling is its own thing. Knowing you put water in your computer and its running and idk its just amazing when your done you just feel great.

I would switch rad fans to push air in towards case and switch back fan to intake and leave the other fans alone. And as far as thermal paste buy some artic silver, I use ceramink and ocz freeze. And make sure u spread on even with credit card or razor blade. Other that that looks good. For first time. Keep up good work.

Thanks man, I use Artice silver 5 on the cpu and i use the dot method.... But i could try it honestly i think my bios are wrong i think im using the wrong settings and way to much volts.... I will try to play with it more to find my lowest temps.

Thanks though, Well now that my gpu is making a really weird sound and its freaking me out... But These are my settings in BIOS...

Cpu ratio-20
Speedstep- Off
BCLK-200
PCIE-100
DDR-1603
Uclk-Auto
QPI-Auto

Cpu V-1.35625
Cpu PLL-1.96
QPI- 1.35
Dram bus V- 1.66

Last edited:
Thanks man, I use Artice silver 5 on the cpu and i use the dot method.... But i could try it honestly i think my bios are wrong i think im using the wrong settings and way to much volts.... I will try to play with it more to find my lowest temps.

Thanks though, Well now that my gpu is making a really weird sound and its freaking me out... But These are my settings in BIOS...

Cpu ratio-20
Speedstep- Off
BCLK-200
PCIE-100
DDR-1603
Uclk-Auto
QPI-Auto

Cpu V-1.35625
Cpu PLL-1.96
QPI- 1.35
Dram bus V- 1.66

Your voltages are not too high, they are fine. As you OC, your voltages should go up - its the natural order of things. I am going to bet that you have to go past 1.4v to reach your 4.2GHz goal, probably closer to 1.425V IMO - or at least these chips I am playing with need/like to get juiced the higher you clock.

Artic Silver 5 is good, I have used it for quite a while, so you should be seeing better temps. I would go with the other poster that suggested that you do not have a good seating on your CPU block. Also a Push/Pull will make a bigger difference as well once you can make sure you have a good tight mounting with your CPU block.

Victor is looking good man, you should be proud of your first shot at W/C - there is a nice bit of satisfaction when you put it all together, it all works and you go "wow - I did that!". Good job man, you should be happy with your first go at it.

I do not think that the radiator is capable of dropping your loop that much more considering the pump you have in that rad is not that powerful and the flow rate has to be minimal as well. So I would not fret to much if you drop 3 more fans and find it only brings you down to mid or low 60's. I bet you will find much better results when you can get a stronger flow rate IMO. I also suggest the Antec Formula 7 thermal compound, that alone dropped me another 5c or greater on my connections. For now though it seems you have it about right and it does seem to be handling itself like it should - if you are topping out around 70c, that isn't bad considering it is cooling the CPU and GPU. This GPU's generate some massive heat as will overclocking.

Thank you man, My next order will be getting Antec Formula 7. I honestly think there is a hole in my rad from screwing the screws in so ig i will be replacing everything a lot faster then I thought. I will be looking into a MCP-655 with a 360 rad and a 240 and might add another 360 on the outside im not sure.

The reason i think i have a hole is when i take the top of the cap off it just randomly starts pouring water but when its running it doesnt do anything which i thought was weird imo....'

Anyways thanks man, I will try to reset my cpu soon.

Definitely try spreading your paste. I have found on 1366 this improves temps a lot. Versus dot method, that was good for AMD.

Will someone please help me figure this out? Or are these the temps i should be expecting?
I just reset the cpu block for the second!!! time and in a stress test at 4ghz using the same settings im getting to about 72c on it? I idle at 36c? I dont know what else to do? I can hear my pump revving up higher during the stress test too...

I just dont know what else to do... This is what the cpu block looks like which i think this block sucks but thats just my opinion i prolly cant install it right lol

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
Back