first time builder and I need a new gaming pc!

jc6699

Weaksauce
Hi, I want to build a gaming/multimedia pc I will be hooking this up to a 70inch hdtv through a surround sound reciever with HDMI and into my home theatre system. games I will be playing...Rift farcry 3, crysis 3 but I like mmo's the best. My budget is $2000 and I need everything!! As far as the case goes something black that looks good with home theatre components. Can anyone please help? thanks in advance!

post in the general hardware section. follow the sticky provided so that your question looks a bit cleaner.

Hi, I want to build a gaming/multimedia pc I will be hooking this up to a 70inch hdtv through a surround sound reciever with HDMI and into my home theatre system. games I will be playing...Rift farcry 3, crysis 3 but I like mmo's the best. My budget is $2000 and I need everything!! As far as the case goes something black that looks good with home theatre components. Can anyone please help? thanks in advance!

does the 2000$ include the monitor?

NZXT Switch 810 Case
i7 3770k
ASUS Z77 ROG Formula V mobo
Corsair Vengeance/Dominator DDR3 RAM
Corsair H100i CPU cooler
Corsair AX860 PSU
Radeon 7970 or GTX 680 vid card, pick your poison
Whatever DVD/Blu Ray burner/combo drive you want
SSD - Corsair Neutron or Samsung 840 Pro series, could go for a smaller OS drive or a larger OS/game drive, then probably a 1TB WD Black storage drive.

Pretty much can't go wrong with a combo like that. Not sure on total price but it should be within your range for just the box with components, if any sacrifice need be made could always drop the processor down to a 3570k since you probably wont notice much of a difference with gaming.

PS - this is assuming you're cool with a full tower in your setup. If you wanted a small form factor rig then let me know and I will switch up a couple of things.

Also with your receiver, if it has optical you can plug into the optical out on the motherboard with just 1 cable.

Also with your receiver, if it has optical you can plug into the optical out on the motherboard with just 1 cable.

It seems the receiver has HDMI pass-thru, so he could just go HDMI from the video card to the receiver and from there to the TV. No need for any separate audio cable.

It seems the receiver has HDMI pass-thru, so he could just go HDMI from the video card to the receiver and from there to the TV. No need for any separate audio cable.

Ah, didn't see that. Understood.

As far as hardware suggestions, I'd highly recommend answering the questions from this thread first. It'll give us a much better idea of what you're looking to do with this machine.

Assuming you want the best value for your money and don't plan to throw away $2k on a new computer just because you can, I'd make the following suggestions...

If I was looking to integrate a high end gaming system into a home theater, I'd consider putting the PC in a different room and running cables to the home theater. Then you don't need to give up performance to keep the noise down.

Otherwise, if you're looking to integrate something into a home theater setup, I'd probably look at a MicroATX setup with a case that's not terribly showy but still allows for fitting a cooler like the H100i...like the Fractal Design Arc Mini.

If you will be overclocking, the ASUS Maximus V Gene is as good as it gets for MicroATX.

For gaming/multimedia, there's really no reason to get the i7 3770k over the i5 3570k.

Unless you plan to go SLI/Crossfire, 850W is overkill. Something good quality and ~700W+ would be more than sufficient for a single card setup.

Memory will depend on how heavily you're looking to overclock.

Back