FIRST retail box picture of a G92/8800GT, *everything* true!

While you may turn out to be correct in that nvidia may indeed release a card in November. . . the real debate (here and elsewhere) has been whether the new top-tier card will be released in November. So the release of a mid-range card isn't particularly relevant to that "debate" (and I use that word loosely).

And in that interview with Cevat Yerli, he says the card will be of "great value" something you wouldn't exactly say for a high end card.

And anyways, I talked with some Nvidia people recently and they said there were new 8800's coming out, but we all knew that already. If they do come out with a new high end though, I'd imagine they'd go with a new number unless they want to keep confusing consumers.

Yeah, weeks ago I read the proposed release dates and even marked my calendar for g92/98 release in mid-nov.. people love to speculate lol just wait and see what happens, after waiting THREE LONG AGONIZING YEARS to buy a new card I think I will be ready this round, I just can't hold out any longer :)

Same card, same wait, same itch--I just need to finish nailing down a new job and I'm in line right behind you for one of these!

Your argument over the last picture is just unfounded. I see no problem at all after zooming the image, you are looking for things that are not there, the picture is legit.

Well you missed the point of my post. I wasn't calling the last image fake, I was using it as a reference to the 3rd showing that the white isn't super bright. Also I meant the white text was exactly lined up in the two cpus even though the cpus themselves were taken from different angles. The white text on the Tom's version looks very fake, while the Expert one does look legit.

Anyway, the points I was trying to make was:

1) There have been (multiple) fake images of the 8800gt
2) Even real products look fake when heavily modified in Photoshop / other programs
3) Don't believe everything you see. Believe it when they hit shops and known reviewers.
4) If you are one of those people who gets a hands on unreleased product, don't make the images look fake, include some kind of background for the product and show multiple pictures / sides of it.

For a long time we only had the side view and front view pictures (and a back that showed nothing). Multiple sites put their "exclusive" watermark on the picture, yet they were all the exact same photo and same angle. That makes them seem fake.

All I ever heard that was from Nvidia's PR dude 6 months ago told us that we would have the 1TF Monster in Nov. All the other stuff was rumor. The game dude just said "you will see the new NVidia cards". In this context, and framed around the subjuct of Crisis, he is talking all models. I am giving him full credit for knowing the inside scoop. I don't think we can assume he really ment all cards but the High end TF Monster.

Everything still points to yes in my eyes, we should raise the bar for proving that Nvidia was put off of their schedule, and the PR and Game dude really didn't have the correct info.

We keep looking for the yes guys to prove their case, insted of asking for proof the release was posponed.

I think baised on what these two guy's have said, there is very little wiggle room to not release the 1TF Monster now?

Time will tell for sure, but I think for thoes of us who are wanting the new speed deamon card released, should be able to bask in the idea of a Nov release, with a low possibility for disappointment right now. :)

im telling you, mid-Nov, 512bit interface 1Gb memory 8850GTX/Ultra Extreme...whatever they want to call it.....for the same or less that GTX/Ultra is today

Okay, I think this is the second time I have seen you say this in this thread.....again, do you have any credible proof or sources?

Also this one

gf4us5.jpg

Looks very fake because of the high contrast in the black and white section, there is no extra light that should be shown on the reflective surface of the heatsink.

Notice how dull it appears compared to the white CD sleeve here?

This is the one I specifically remember you going on about. Simply having boosted contrast doesn't make it fake. If you boost contrast white gets whiter, black gets blacker and you lose detail in both.

None of that makes it fake. Skepticism is fine, but you need to temper it with reason. When I saw this picture I was 99% certain this was legit. It had no hallmarks of being fake.

Fakers always want to "prove" what it is. They would have stuck 8800GT on there somewhere. There was no sign of anything different tacked on. The other usual sign of a fake is you can get some idea what the original source image. This was a new design, which fakers seldom have the creativity to come up with.

Since we are playing with leaks, you need to temper skepticism with context and probabilities. You don't do that and your track record is not so hot. By your standards the moon landings would come across as faked. Try to start without assuming everything is fake before you examine the evidence.

Sorry guys, as it turns out I can't say anything more yet due to things you'll hear soon anyway :). I know you're all dying to hear, but I've caught some info I can't tell.

This is the one I specifically remember you going on about. Simply having boosted contrast doesn't make it fake. If you boost contrast white gets whiter, black gets blacker and you lose detail in both.

None of that makes it fake. Skepticism is fine, but you need to temper it with reason. When I saw this picture I was 99% certain this was legit. It had no hallmarks of being fake.

Fakers always want to "prove" what it is. They would have stuck 8800GT on there somewhere. There was no sign of anything different tacked on. The other usual sign of a fake is you can get some idea what the original source image. This was a new design, which fakers seldom have the creativity to come up with.

Since we are playing with leaks, you need to temper skepticism with context and probabilities. You don't do that and your track record is not so hot. By your standards the moon landings would come across as faked. Try to start without assuming everything is fake before you examine the evidence.

You are so right, people NEVER come up with good fakes...:rolleyes:

http://www.networkworld.com/slideshows/2007/062907-top-25-iphonies.html?nwwpkg=iphone

And I know how contrast works, but why would you want to do that to an image you were trying to show off? It makes it look completely fake as you loose the small details that real images have and CG ones do not.

These results seem to show the 8800GTS 320MB being better in some games.

[img5]http://img3.pconline.com.cn/pconline/0710/25/1135586_071025_g92_LP_thumb.jpg[/img]

[img5]http://img3.pconline.com.cn/pconline/0710/25/1135586_071025_g92_bio_thumb.jpg[/img]

Close results

[img5]http://img3.pconline.com.cn/pconline/0710/25/1135586_071025_g92_ut3_thumb.jpg[/img]

Source:
http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?h...ews/0710/1135586_12.html&prev=/language_tools

The 8800gts clocks are funky, the shader isn't OCed at all and the core should be 576 not 580.

You are so right, people NEVER come up with good fakes...:rolleyes:

http://www.networkworld.com/slideshows/2007/062907-top-25-iphonies.html?nwwpkg=iphone

And I know how contrast works, but why would you want to do that to an image you were trying to show off? It makes it look completely fake as you loose the small details that real images have and CG ones do not.

On that particular pair of images, I'd just like to point out that the nVidia logo appears to be a reflective silver brushed aluminum type color, not white, which would explain why it looks bright head on (max reflective) and grayish at an angle (reflecting away from the POV).

Okay, now, talk about bogus--the FPS for the three lowest resolutions are exactly the same for each card between Lost Planet and Bioshock. What an amazing coincidence!

Hehehe yep was waiting for someone else to bring it up so I just don't sound like some looney :p

And just an fyi, I do believe the pics were real now, but because of the material on the gigabyte board its very reflective and the "white" area is not white like the leak picture was trying to show and thus looked very fake.

These results seem to show the 8800GTS 320MB being better in some games.

[img*]http://img3.pconline.com.cn/pconline/0710/25/1135586_071025_g92_LP_thumb.jpg[/img]

[img*]http://img3.pconline.com.cn/pconline/0710/25/1135586_071025_g92_bio_thumb.jpg[/img]

Close results

[img*]http://img3.pconline.com.cn/pconline/0710/25/1135586_071025_g92_ut3_thumb.jpg[/img]

Source:
http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?h...ews/0710/1135586_12.html&prev=/language_tools

:eek:

The gts and ultra fps are extremely close. :p

Yeah thats been posted in the Nvidia forums here for a bit, they look like less fiction to me. Oh and before anyone tries to point out the UT3 "results", the shader is slower on the "OC'd" GT vs the stock GT. It only appears in the UT3 test, maybe they had stability issues or driver issues. Note: the 167.26 driver is out and give wonderful 3DMark scores (which is useless), but people are having problems more than usual in games.

Sorry guys, as it turns out I can't say anything more yet due to things you'll hear soon anyway :). I know you're all dying to hear, but I've caught some info I can't tell.

Spill your gut's man!! :)

Tell um all how things are even better than our wildest dreams.

Tell us Nvidia had a card in their bag made for everybody, even us '1TF Or Bust' guys!! :D

Confirm the Crisis dude's statement infurring that ALL models will be launched in Nov.

Part of me wants to say spill it, i might actually believe you, and the other parts of me says, well, thats typical GoldenTiger striving for attention and trying to make people think he knows something so he can feel special. So...which one is it?

It really would be more of a confromation, than a new news release...... ;)

It's happining baby, I can smell the silicon in the air!

Did anyone cache the newegg pages while they were up?

I kinda wanted to see those.

Also, Is there an official release date yet?

Part of me wants to say spill it, i might actually believe you, and the other parts of me says, well, thats typical GoldenTiger striving for attention and trying to make people think he knows something so he can feel special. So...which one is it?

I think he knows.... ;)

It may be 1 more unjust thing in the universe, but he knows!! :)

Did anyone cache the newegg pages while they were up?

I kinda wanted to see those.

Also, Is there an official release date yet?

I did see the cards up for a while.... They did look good.

No price though.

He knows what we all know,little to nothing but rampant speculation,and a few benchies that look like crap/doctored,lies. :eek: :D

He knows what we all know,little to nothing but rampant speculation,and a few benchies that look like crap/doctored,lies. :eek: :D

I love a good sledgehammer statement!! Good job. I still am grinning. :D

Let's not forget nVidia's PR dude, and the Crisis dude. Both are singing the same song. ;)

And it's music to my ears....

Spill your gut's man!! :)

Tell um all how things are even better than our wildest dreams.

Tell us Nvidia had a card in their bag made for everybody, even us '1TF Or Bust' guys!! :D

Confirm the Crisis dude's statement infurring that ALL models will be launched in Nov.

I think he knows.... ;)

It may be 1 more unjust thing in the universe, but he knows!! :)

You're the only logical person in here ;).

Thanks Buddy!! ;)

It's like Video Card Prophecy coming to pass. Nvidia is going to do exactly what they said, in the exact month and year they said they would do it.

Harken, The new King cometh.

Tom's Hardware link is down!! Someone tell me what it says, or have copies of the pages???

Pretty please? :(

oh my god! i am buying 2 of these plus my evga mobo and q6600 cpu!

Back