• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

First OC attempt failed, need help

kensai

n00b
Joined
Jan 12, 2003
Messages
35
I'm trying to OC my E8400(3ghz) to some safe speed like 3.6-3.8ghz using stock cooling and my first attempt has failed. I've red a few topics on what to do and did but it didn't work. I set my BIOS to this settings:

CPU Host Frequency: 400
PCI E Frequency: 100
System Memory Multiplier: 2
CPU Voltage: 1.3V

92572273.jpg

54835781.jpg


My system didn't boot after this settings. It booted itself twice and at the third boot the system was reverted to old settings.

After this I only changed CPU Host Frequency to 400. It booted but my Windows was unstable. Corrupt files, program crashes and finally a BSOD. I reverted it back to 3ghz.

What am I doing wrong?
 
Try bumping up the voltage on your RAM. I have an E8400 with Crucial memory. The default voltage was no where near what the manufacture recommended. I am pushing 2.2v to my RAM. It seemed high to me so I contacted Crucial and they told me I could damage the RAM if I put less than 2.2v into it. To get my OC above 4Ghz I have to use 2.25v. I can do 3.8Ghz with 1.29 CPU voltage and 2.2 RAM.
 
Got to agree...set ram voltage manually (doesn't have to be that high yet); and start @ 3.2 for the cpu; and work your way up.
 
That's a Gigabyte board. First thing, turn off the memory enhance to Turbo.

Set it to standard!

Increase CPU and memory voltage as well. 1.4v vcore should not hurt for a quick test to see if it provides stability and to check heat. Set vdimm to 2.0 at least.
 
Back
Top