First DX10 comming Q4!

heatlesssun

Extremely [H]
This has been mentioned in other forums here, but didn't see talk of it in reguards to DX10 hardware:

http://www.gamershell.com/news/27536.html

So Crytek is supposed to release Crysis this year. So as time goes on, maybe if you're thinking about upgrading this year, you might want to consider this. I know I will. I was thinking about upgrading to perhaps to 7900 SLI if its considerably faster than my 7800 SLI setup, but the more I'm thinking, I think I'm just going to build a Windows Vista at the end of the year and maybe upgrade my sig rig then too.

Are they gonna make it so that older cards, and when I say old I mean 7800gt, can support dx10, or is everyone gonna have to buy the super duper best video card to play these games?

theyll have really cool new features for dx10 cards only...then basically the older cards will not support these features but will still be able to run all the other features that area available to us right now

AFAIK DX10 is purely for DX10 cards, DX9 and older users will be using D9.0L/WGF1.0. Obviously DX10 effects will be only capable on DX10 cards.

why upgrade to 7900 sli for this game? 7900 is just another dx9.0 card - nvidia's last generation of cards before they start making dx10 ones.

if you haven't yet download the high rez video and watch it

i wish i could understand what they were saying in the interview though :D

i hope that's just sh*tty resolution, cause those screens look kinda grainy.

Russ said:
i hope that's just sh*tty resolution, cause those screens look kinda grainy.

haha, that's cause it's from a magazine, they aren't exactly known for their HD Floating Point 32 picture quality :p

Damn. That is downright unholy. Good thing my upgrade cycle is at the end of this year. :D But will we have DX10 capable cards by then? :confused:

Holy crap.... what im wondering is, will the first generation DX10 cards even be able to handle graphics like that?

Hm, I wonder when the g80 will be released then... I am guessing ( or hoping rather.. ) it will be sometime before Farcry II is out.

Frags10 said:
Holy crap.... what im wondering is, will the first generation DX10 cards even be able to handle graphics like that?

Thats exactly what I've been pondering...

Im pretty sure that there will be DX10 Cards out in time, if history is any indicator, Video card companies tend to sell new technologies before they are needed (PCIe). Thus, my guess is that we will get DX10 cards before any DX10 games have been released(officially).

Winchester1897 said:
Is this a sequal to frycry?

Not really. Didn´t you read the translated article/video interview over at nvnews.net that I linked? :confused: If not, you should, agentkays translations provide very interesting information about this exciting game. ;)

karl76 said:
Not really. Didn´t you read the translated article/video interview over at nvnews.net that I linked? :confused: If not, you should, agentkays translations provide very interesting information about this exciting game. ;)
No, that would have helped :D

Ummm...DX10 is NOT going to be backwards compatible to WinXP according to MS, so....

....will Vista be out by then?

(And will it require us to upgrade to HDCP monitors in order to watch movies? :rolleyes: )

The thing is when are ATI and nVidia releasing parts? Normaly they introduce next gen parts in the spring, but if nVidia is just releasing G71 a refresh, and ATI about to release X1900, I guess it would have to be no later than late summer, just before Windows Vista. Then there are new chips and sockets on top of that with motherboards of course, so for now its seems kind of hard to know exactly when it will be possible to upgrade.

I usually like to wait for refresh products to be released before I jump onto a new platform. Just a lot coming out this year and into next.

Looks really sexy, hopefully I can save up some cash this year (college funds 14k a year :( :() and get an upgrade to dx10 card, new cpu, ram...ummm goodness.

I can't believe I would rather get this over new car.....

holy crap, i just read the translation

Crysis sounds awesome! I can't wait, FarCry pushed the envelope and became very popular, It sounds like Crysis will as well

If DX10 absolutely requires Vista, which I get the feeling it just might, that's the end of PC gaming for me. All Vista is is XP with a few spiffy features designed to get people to forget about the massive opportunities for privacy / rights violations.

finalgt said:
If DX10 absolutely requires Vista, which I get the feeling it just might, that's the end of PC gaming for me. All Vista is is XP with a few spiffy features designed to get people to forget about the massive opportunities for privacy / rights violations.

not really. if you think win xp is the pinnacle of operating systems you are mistaken.

I don't recall saying that I thought XP was all that good. There's going to be improvements in Vista, to be sure, but are they enough to get me to just ignore the hardware support for "Trusted Computing"? Not a chance in hell.

Yes. Let's all pretend we'll be seeing these kind of graphics running in real time in 8-10 months.

phide said:
Yes. Let's all pretend we'll be seeing these kind of graphics running in real time in 8-10 months.

Try being a litte more optimistic. Aren't they already running in real time?

Back