• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

First Crossfire benchmarks

from what I've seen CrossFire looks somewhat less efficient when compared to SLi...but not by so much that it really makes a difference...if R520 is faster than G70, then CrossFire will be faster than SLi...

EDIT: I swear to god the next person that benchmarks CrossFire at a resolution below 1600x1200 should be shot in the head. These benchmarks are completely worthless.
 
^eMpTy^ said:
EDIT: I swear to god the next person that benchmarks CrossFire at a resolution below 1600x1200 should be shot in the head. These benchmarks are completely worthless.

:) ;)
 
Well since Doom3 is an Nvidia optimized game I'd say that bench is worthless in showing its overall improvements. The HL2 bench looks weird, must be heavily CPU limited. Be4 making judgements and forming opinions why not just wait for some real information. Yeah that's a good idea.
 
^eMpTy^ said:
hmarks CrossFire at a resolution below 1600x1200 should be shot in the head. These benchmarks are completely worthless.
Why? The reason that people bench at 1024x768 is because it's a standard that's been around since 2001se....if you start deviating from the standard, then it's much harder to compare it to the rest of the benches. That's why it's called a "benchmark", it's a standard to compare your computer to.
 
Tytanium said:
Why? The reason that people bench at 1024x768 is because it's a standard that's been around since 2001se....if you start deviating from the standard, then it's much harder to compare it to the rest of the benches. That's why it's called a "benchmark", it's a standard to compare your computer to.


When specifically looking for graphics performance and the benchmarks are limited by cpu it doesn't really give you any indication of what you're looking for.
 
Tytanium said:
Why? The reason that people bench at 1024x768 is because it's a standard that's been around since 2001se....if you start deviating from the standard, then it's much harder to compare it to the rest of the benches. That's why it's called a "benchmark", it's a standard to compare your computer to.

But it's a completely outdated standard since, believe it or not, there are monitors larger than 14 inches now. It's why Half Life 1 and Unreal Tournament 2003 are no longer used in benchmarks. They are outdated.

You look at the X850XT PE. At 1024x768, it competes well with thet 7800GTX. But, put the res at 1600x1200 or higher and the X850XT turns into a 2nd rate card by comparison really quickly. All cards have the old "1024x768" thing down, pat.
 
that review pisses me off for one reason

the graphs are fooking tiny as hell

with out clicking on them that is

and the pictures of the crossfire is large enough to see normaly wtf do you need small image tags for a graph.....sorry........just annoied by that :p

looks good to me tho!

and i didnt see the specs on it eaither? anyone else get that? the rig specs?


soulsaver
 
soulsaver_8229 said:
that review pisses me off for one reason

the graphs are fooking tiny as hell

with out clicking on them that is

and the pictures of the crossfire is large enough to see normaly wtf do you need small image tags for a graph.....sorry........just annoied by that :p

looks good to me tho!

and i didnt see the specs on it eaither? anyone else get that? the rig specs?


soulsaver


that article is better layed out and with better pictures and detail in the mag if i can find the issue i will post the specs
 
tranCendenZ said:
Looking at the Doom3 benchmarks (the least CPU limited game they tested), it seems as if Crossfire does not provide as much performance boost as SLI, assuming these are accurate.

Hmm.. http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2477&p=9

Seems to me they both trade "wins". And that AT article is several months old, and they use a real res. Who knows what the numbers are now, I doubt they got worse. And I trust AT much more than the link you dropped.

But good try. :(
 
fallguy said:
Hmm.. http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2477&p=9

Seems to me they both trade "wins". And that AT article is several months old, and they use a real res. Who knows what the numbers are now, I doubt they got worse. And I trust AT much more than the link you dropped.

Those benchmarks seem a lot more impressive than the other benchmarks tested. In addition, it was at a resolution that really determines the quality of the GPU. I don't care either way because I never have the money to spend on two cards anyway.
:p
 
I had a dream concerning crossfire last night :eek:

You know you are really a geek when you start having dreams about this stuff
 
Brent_Justice said:
I had a dream concerning crossfire last night :eek:

You know you are really a geek when you start having dreams about this stuff
lol... Hopefully it turns out better than expected and I truly wanna see some benchmarks when the put two r520xts in crossfire!!! :eek:
 
Let's not forget that the drivers are in infancy. Expect to see performance boosts in the future. And I agree that 1280x1024 is useless. Why not run solitaire next time?
 
Brent_Justice said:
I had a dream concerning crossfire last night :eek:

You know you are really a geek when you start having dreams about this stuff
Hilarious. Just remember to avoid getting your girlfriend/wife confused with hardware.....the two just don't mix.

Brent: "Hey Radeon, you sure look pretty tonight!"
Brent's girl: "What did you just call me?"

I tell my wife she's as hot as a pair of SLI'd ASUS Extreme N7800 GTX TOPs, but somehow the compliment is lost on her, and I still don't get any.
 
Pretty sad that crossfire works better in doom3 than HL2... Either way corssfire doesn't look as solid of an implimentation as SLI.
 
(the anandtech benchies)

wow the performace is pretty good...even better considering they are with x850xt's...
 
Brent_Justice said:
I had a dream concerning crossfire last night :eek:

You know you are really a geek when you start having dreams about this stuff

Your not alone. I couldnt fall asleep the other night cuase I was thinking about my XFX 7800GTX 490Mhz coming in any day now. <drools>
 
jebo_4jc said:
I tell my wife she's as hot as a pair of SLI'd ASUS Extreme N7800 GTX TOPs, but somehow the compliment is lost on her, and I still don't get any.

Lmfao, if I ever find a girl that takes that compliment, understand it, and also is worthy of it....I'm getting married before some other nerd can take her. :D
 
it should be around the same effeciency as SLI i would assume, depending on application of course

I'll wait for the [H] review

IMO the little bridge on the cards is more handy than having a big ass cable in the back of the computer hooking them together
 
pxc said:
doesn't look impressive at all.

Yea, I am very disappointed. 8451 on 3dmark05 seems very low. If I remember correclty, the 6800 ultra sli gets like 9-10k in 05. But Im not only bases my decision on that. The game benchmarks were crap too.

I think im going nvidia the way considering the card will msrp at 599 and thats not including all the price gouging. Well have to wait utnil christmas for the prices to drop.

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20050914A7037.html

NVIDIA ALL THE WAY!!!!
 
fallguy said:
Hmm.. http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2477&p=9

Seems to me they both trade "wins". And that AT article is several months old, and they use a real res. Who knows what the numbers are now, I doubt they got worse. And I trust AT much more than the link you dropped.

But good try. :(

If you look at the benches on that page with AA, you'll see that SLI gets a much larger boost than CrossFire in both HL2 and D3...in my book...that's a loss for CrossFire...
 
Back
Top