wallawallabam
n00b
- Joined
- May 3, 2010
- Messages
- 2
Hi, I've finally stopped stalking you guys 
I'm planning on building a PC; my first one ever, and I was wondering if you guys could come up with some solutions for me. Thanks so much!
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
Music production; I.E. FL Studio, Finale 2010, Web Browsing, almost no gaming (hehe... maybe flash games on slow days)
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
Around $500-650 tax and shipping included.
3) Where do you live?
New Jersey
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. Please be very specific.
Case has to be Lian Li v351b! I've fallen in love! It looks good with my mixing gear too...
I need everything except a monitor though. I also don't need a sound card as I plan to buy a new one later this year..short on money, but internal sound with ASIO should be enough to last me through the summer.
Motherboard, CPU, RAM, Hard drive, Optical Drive, PSU
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
None
6) Will you be overclocking?
No.
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
Over 20 " at least.. probably around 23". HD please!
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
As soon as possible.
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? etc.
HD output and decent sound please. 1 Firewire port at least. Not quite sure what RAID, Crossfire or SLI do, but I'll leave that to your decision based on what I'm using this for.
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? 32bit or 64bit?
Yes, Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit through my Mom's MSDNAA
I'd prefer to use an intel i3 or i5, and have a quieter PC in mind as well, but of course, preferences can be changed.
I'm planning on building a PC; my first one ever, and I was wondering if you guys could come up with some solutions for me. Thanks so much!
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
Music production; I.E. FL Studio, Finale 2010, Web Browsing, almost no gaming (hehe... maybe flash games on slow days)
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
Around $500-650 tax and shipping included.
3) Where do you live?
New Jersey
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. Please be very specific.
Case has to be Lian Li v351b! I've fallen in love! It looks good with my mixing gear too...
I need everything except a monitor though. I also don't need a sound card as I plan to buy a new one later this year..short on money, but internal sound with ASIO should be enough to last me through the summer.
Motherboard, CPU, RAM, Hard drive, Optical Drive, PSU
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
None
6) Will you be overclocking?
No.
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
Over 20 " at least.. probably around 23". HD please!
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
As soon as possible.
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? etc.
HD output and decent sound please. 1 Firewire port at least. Not quite sure what RAID, Crossfire or SLI do, but I'll leave that to your decision based on what I'm using this for.
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? 32bit or 64bit?
Yes, Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit through my Mom's MSDNAA
I'd prefer to use an intel i3 or i5, and have a quieter PC in mind as well, but of course, preferences can be changed.
Last edited: