• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

fireworks photos

Here are some shots from Boston:

182444089_d490237bcb_o.jpg


182444090_1318e4c3d2_o.jpg


182444093_f2e267cee1_o.jpg


182444094_24611d1487_o.jpg


182444096_9f9088021d_o.jpg


Couple quick technical notes...

Rawshooter apparently thinks that the blue, purple and red fireworks trails are chromatic abberations and automatically tries to remove them. As a result, they end up looking very desaturated and all the purple fireworks looked white. I had to use ACR to convert them in order to preserve the colors. It seems like I get a lot more shadow noise using ACR.

Also, I resized and saved these for the web as quality 10 jpgs. I heard from someone that it was just as good as quality 12 and the human eye couldn't tell the difference, but I can definitely see posterization in the sky that wasn't there before when I was working with the higher quality files.
 
Very nice guys!

daphatgrant if you tripod mount your camera, your lines would not be wiggly

I missed the fireworks this year myself - was in the bush.
 
those pics are all pretty good :)

yes...tripod, and a remote shutter release = great...DSLR with mirror lockup, and bulb mode...greatest!

I saw the fireworks...but see my other thread in here ("tank" my ass)
to see why I didn't photograph them....
 
Very cool guys. I always wondered how long you would use an exposure for to get a night picture. Fugu's pictures rage from 4-6 seconds.
 
I took pics on the 4th with a XT, but mysteriously my 2gb CF disapeared out of my camera before the night was over. I dont get it because It was at my friends parents house, and I left my camera in his parents room behind a shut door. (Why only steel the memory???)

I was really pissed becasue I had an amaizing pic of my kid at daycare on that same card.
 
I(illa Bee said:
I took pics on the 4th with a XT, but mysteriously my 2gb CF disapeared out of my camera before the night was over. I dont get it because It was at my friends parents house, and I left my camera in his parents room behind a shut door. (Why only steel the memory???)

I was really pissed becasue I had an amaizing pic of my kid at daycare on that same card.
gremlins...
 
Back
Top