• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Firefox: Heat and the CPU Usage Problem

Huh, I'm using FF with 24 tabs open, and my CPU usage is fluctuating between 1-4% for my entire system...
 
Strange, never get more than 3% to 5% usage with Firefox open with a whole bunch of tabs and Flash playing :/
 
wtf, if your laptop cant even handle firefox and overheats because of it, then it's time to ditch the shitty laptop and get a new one. i'm using my new notebook with a pentium T3000 with all the factory shitware still on, and i'm typing this post right now with CPU utilization between 0-4%. i'm not even sure that's due to firefox or the background shitware. i don't see how a browser could cause problems unless your computer is really that old.
 
Um just use Opera, it excels at this and small lower powered devices.

That's what I thought too, except that Opera's been using 50% CPU utilization and 500+ MBs, even with no pages open, and even after I X out. I have to ctrl-alt-del to end the process to make it chill out. I guess they aren't all perfect.

That said, it is important that this doesn't happen, whether it's a netbook or desktop. Whether it's FireFox for these people or Opera for me, I don't want the computer working unnecessarily hard, heating up my CPU and causing my fan to run all the time (noise is an important factor for some people).
 
wtf, if your laptop cant even handle firefox and overheats because of it, then it's time to ditch the shitty laptop and get a new one. i'm using my new notebook with a pentium T3000 with all the factory shitware still on, and i'm typing this post right now with CPU utilization between 0-4%. i'm not even sure that's due to firefox or the background shitware. i don't see how a browser could cause problems unless your computer is really that old.

TLDR
RTFA
 
Back
Top