• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Firefox 2.0.0.6 Released-Newegg Missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldie

Mean Old Administrator
2FA
Joined
Jan 12, 2004
Messages
21,915
During install of 2.0.0.6 I received a message about Java Console not being compatible, and now my Newegg banner ad is missing. I re-installed Open Java Console here, and it's still not working.

Has anyone else seen this, and if so do you know the fix? All other Ads on the HardOCP main page show up just fine, only the Newegg is affected. It shows up fine in other browsers. This occurs on the forums as well as the front page.
 
I just installed the new FF patch also, but am seeing the newegg banner just fine, though I did not receive any errors so that may be way. Possible reinstall of FF needed?
 
clear cache, make sure the flash block is disabled (I cant turn the adblock OFF on this fricking mac... any idea how? I like the [H] banners, theyre useful :( )
 
Yeah, I tried all of the normal stuff. So we can keep this thread alive, please only post if you're also having the problem, or if you happen to know the solution. I'll dink around with it and see what needs to be done.

Thanks
 
Newegg changed the code to a javascript. I am trying to get an Iframe code set from them as that seems to work better.
 
why would you want to see an ad?

because the ads keep the site paid for. you DO know how much it costs for the amount of bandwidth a place like this needs right?

You're treading on thin ice making a statement like that. be careful... Kyle doesnt like it when people block the ads. ( I wish I could unblock them on this damn mac... but camino is being annoying... Its probably just my unfamiliarity with it... Sorry Kyle :( Ill click them twice at home :p )
 
Just in case this was missed during the registration process, I'll post it here ....;)

(23) Any discussion of AD BLOCKING software or instruction for using ad blocking regarding this forum or any other discussion in general of attempting to block advertisement will result in a no questions asked permanent ban on your account. This is not done lightly, rather deliberately to deny access to those who choose to utilize this forum, but not support our sponsors. It takes money to finance the cost of bandwidth, especially a forum of this size and if you don't care enough to support us through our advertisers, then we don't need your business. This will be the only warning with no discussion.


why would you want to see an ad?
 
im not blocking ads i just didnt know what the big deal was. now i know and the ad btw is working just fine.
 
The ad disappeared on me the other day too, not because of the update.

I think like Kyle said, it has to do with the ad being java script. I noticed that No-Script was blocking something on this page so I allowed it and the ad came back. Try messing around with your browser settings and see if there is a Java problem.
 
The ad disappeared on me the other day too, not because of the update.

I think like Kyle said, it has to do with the ad being java script. I noticed that No-Script was blocking something on this page so I allowed it and the ad came back. Try messing around with your browser settings and see if there is a Java problem.

That did it for me. Never thought to look there I thought I had everything allowed for these sites
 
I get the java console error aswell, saying that I also got that error on the last FF update, but java works perfectly fine here even with the error ???
 
Sorry for posting this here guys but I have a slightly different problem. My FF updated itself from 2.0.0.5 to 2.0.0.6 yesterday and ever since then some forum icons aren't showing. Like so:

ffproblem2cb5.jpg


Any ideas?

EDIT. Clearing the cache fixed it, :).
 
How bout now, got their code that puts it in an iFrame. :)
 
the newegg ads are actually ads i like... because they show good deals I have used!

go go go USEFUL ads on a website!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top