Find Out if Your Passwords Were Leaked

HardOCP News

[H] News
I can't believe that, in light of the fact that 62,000 names and passwords were stolen and posted to the internet by LulzSec, there are actually sites out there asking you to submit your info to "check" if your info was leaked. What kind of tard would submit more info to see it their info was leaked?

I punched in my social security number, bank account, and pin number. All of those came back negative. Am I clear guys?

yeah, i had to check to, after that story of 1234 being the most common PIN, I immediately changed it to 4321, now I have to worry about my password being password? Luckily I'm in the clear!

I put in all of my info, my SO's info, and my closest friends info's. Luckily we are all in the clear. Whew, I was sweating bullets there for a few.

didn't work for me there, so I'll try it here

hoeding
hunter2

All checks out.

^^ Me too! Well, plus my birthdate. Month, day, year in that order no one digit months/days always zeros before them though, just to make it harder.

They couldn't determine if my SSN, address, and bank account were stolen, so I'm faxing them a copy of my birth certificate so they can research a bit deeper.

godzilla-facepalm-godzilla-facepalm-face-palm-epic-fail-demotivational-poster-12453844351.jpg

Remember, before entering your credentials on such a site, make sure you scan your pc for trojans and keyloggers, otherwise someone might steal your login info while you type them!!!

I made colour scans of all my credit and ID cards as well as those of my immediate family and my responses to this year's census and e-mailed them in to be verified.

Am I doin' it right?

Besides sending all possible information I could find in my safe including all original documents and titles so that they can verify that they are not compromised, I also sent them money order to pay for the services.

I am not sure if I can stand the stress I will be under until they come back to me with results.

i think ppl are giving the average consumer too much credit. I guarantee there are users dumb enough to fall for that...

sadly it's all to true, they wouldn't put up sites like that if morons didn't fall for it,

Seems like my bank account is safe for that Nigerian Prince that I'm secretly helping out...oh wait...:(

Something is wrong with it... It won't let me type my info in the field!

lol

didn't work for me there, so I'll try it here

hoeding
hunter2

All checks out.

Lemme try
●●●●●●●

Hmm, worked for me. Maybe there's something wrong with your browser. You're not running IE6 by any chance, are you?

it said in the help section to delete system32. What's that and how do i get rid of it?? ò_ó

It said my information was compromised, and that I should send in my wife's and all family members information to help them, help me, secure my information. I went ahead and sent it all, so glad they are such helpful people in this world.

I sent them all my credit cards and bank info. I also threw in some dna just to make sure.

I've had it with all these security risks on PCs!!!

I'm getting an Apple, in exchange for one of my unnecessary kidneys. It's a legit procedure because it's been in the news already, so I don't have to worry about them stealing other organs or not washing their hands when they splay open my comatose body.

I'm a bit worried about stray hair and saliva in my body cavity, but the ipad is so worth it, lol.

I can think of ONE tards who fit the bill! Unfortunately they are family and think it's safe to put your phone number on your face book page and OLNY the peole you are friends with can see it!! :(

So they apparently broke into networks with millions and millions of users...and came away with only 62,000 logins!?

but hopefully look closer before they make a post and double check how well they typed and did not put letters in the wrong spot!:D:D:D

It says my bank password and SS number are safe, but I don't know why they wanted my mother's maiden name too. :confused:

people NEVER learn when they are spoon fed or lead by hand. people need to be beaten over the head! i have no sympathy for idiots who fall for obvious phishing scams like these and others.
you wouldn't give out your credit card number and pin to a stranger on the street so why would you do it when it's on the internet/email/computer etc...?

Back