Finally took the budget upgrade plunge -- have a question though

karmasoft

Weaksauce
A year ago I posted this thread...

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1310583

...but never pulled the trigger on an upgrade of any kind. Lately the almost four and a half year old rig has been feeling long in the tooth, coupled with a decent refund, I decided to take the plunge!

Thanks to HD forum users, via similar budget build threads... otherwise I would have been lost in the sea of choices. This is the newegg invoice:

purchase.jpg

Do you think the Seasonic psu and WD raptor (both in my soon-to-be-revamped sig) will be ok in this setup?

That will be a very nice setup! I hope evrything works out for ya .

i would of probably gone with the 940 just because its a black edition and easy as heck to overclock.. but could also be the fact that newegg dropped the price to 189 this week.. which erks me because i payed 235 for it a month ago.. but other then that.. nice build..

also why not spend the extra money on a case venom.. usually the case lasts 3 times as long as any system that gets put in it.. heck im still using my old generic no name case back when it was holding my p2 300 in it.. though its been heavily modified to support 6 hard drives in it when it originally only held 2..

Looks good but you must REALLY like that case @ 160 on a budget build:D

You're right -- the case was a total splurge, in a budget minded setup. I love the way my Lian Li v1100b looks, but over the years i've come to learn it has major air flow issues. I'm sure a case-modder could do wonders with the Lian Li v1100b, but its not my thing.

I decided to stick with Lian Li though, 1.) because it appears their newer designs are better, from a cooling perspective, and 2.) I still like the way they look. I really liked the simplicity of the A6010, plus it seems easy to work on which should motivate my lazy butt.

Thanks a lot for the comments affirming the old psu would service this new setup.

Back