Finally over WoW, considering LOTRO

Agree with the above post. Any EQ1 player (old or new) will see a lot of that game in WoW so not much new in that regard other than what was stated above.

nah, I played EQ1, EQ2, EVE, FFXI, Guild Wars, etc.

WoW might share a lot of things with past MMO's, but in almost all cases it has greatly improved upon all of them.

I have one level 70... I am full time student, I have a full time job during the summer, and I have a girlfriend I have been with for 4 years. I really hate the stereotyping of WoW players, or MMO players in general.

A United States senator has a level 70 priest in a hardcore raiding guild, stereotype him.

Just to address this, I know of a girl that sits at her computer for upwards of 20 hours a day playing WoW nonstop. I also go to school with a WoW addict that is enrolled in full-time school, works at mcdonalds 24 hours a week, is fat, smells horrible, has no hygiene skills and perfectly represents the stereotypical WoW nerd persona. Oh, and he proposed to his girlfriend of 5 years.. weird. Saying you go to school, work during the summer (what, the 30 hours a week of work during the school year are dedicated to gaming?) and have a girl dosent diminish the fact you can easily throw away 50 hours a week playing this game.

Oh, and btw, a very good buddy of mine [I've lost to the grasp of WoW] is a straight-A mechanical/aerospace engineer student, is in top shape, has a beautiful girl by his side yet will dedicate an easy 8 to 9 hours to WoW every night. I cant wait till school starts and he falls behind in his studies so he realises how useless this game is.

Just to address this, I know of a girl that sits at her computer for upwards of 20 hours a day playing WoW nonstop. I also go to school with a WoW addict that is enrolled in full-time school, works at mcdonalds 24 hours a week, is fat, smells horrible, has no hygiene skills and perfectly represents the stereotypical WoW nerd persona. Oh, and he proposed to his girlfriend of 5 years.. weird. Saying you go to school, work during the summer (what, the 30 hours a week of work during the school year are dedicated to gaming?) and have a girl dosent diminish the fact you can easily throw away 50 hours a week playing this game.

Oh, and btw, a very good buddy of mine [I've lost to the grasp of WoW] is a straight-A mechanical/aerospace engineer student, is in top shape, has a beautiful girl by his side yet will dedicate an easy 8 to 9 hours to WoW every night. I cant wait till school starts and he falls behind in his studies so he realises how useless this game is.

True, I hate to admit it, but WoW is taking up most of my free time, and i do not have much of it. I still have my pruirities straight though.
Such as:
basketball >wow
school > wow
work > wow
life > wow

I cant wait till school starts and he falls behind in his studies so he realises how useless this game is

It's a GAME, your supposed to have fun with it. If your buddy is having fun, they why are you hating on him?

It's a GAME, your supposed to have fun with it. If your buddy is having fun, they why are you hating on him?

Because he has stopped biking (was a mountain bike instructor), orders in junk food all the time (previously my go-to health expert), works from 8-4 and plays from 5-3am, dosent "have time" for his friends anymore (he says he'll chill with us when he's not in instance... which is never).

When your life gets overrun as much as that, there's a problem.

Because he has stopped biking (was a mountain bike instructor), orders in junk food all the time (previously my go-to health expert), works from 8-4 and plays from 5-3am, dosent "have time" for his friends anymore (he says he'll chill with us when he's not in instance... which is never).

This is an issue with the PERSON, not with the game. You can argue all day long that the game is addictive and blah blah. Not everyone who plays games for 5+ hours a day is a loser, or has hygiene problems, or girl problems. Using a video game as your scapegoat is disgraceful. Same thing as saying "GTA 3 influenced that kid to shoot his neighbor." Bullshit it did. It's HIS fault he stopped all those things, not the games. Let him live his life however he wants and don't be such a bitch.

There are plenty of people who play a lot of video games and live "normal" lives.

Sounds a lot like getting finding a woman and getting married... <drum roll> ;) :D

Seriously though - you could insert any other object in there (not just WoW) and find it to be true. Life changes - don't hate the game because of it - if he spent all of his time with his woman and didn't have time for his friends anymore, would you be hating his woman?

Back