finally made a million

Nice going dude, after the first mill it just keeps on getting better.:D

A great job you have done... Good for you ;) Go not just for two but for three.

Congratulations, reaching the first million is a very exciting milestone. You will want to aim for the next million and above :) I'm now aiming at the 3 million mark :eek:

The 1st million was great! I am now aiming at 50 Million (or a cure which hopefully will come first)

The first one is the best..... :D

Now onwards and upwards.

Luck ............... :D

Long, long ago, in a galaxy far, far away....
We've come a long way from g@h haven't we , bro?
I'd bet there might be a dozen people on the forum who even remember that project.

Fold on, gnewbury. :)
'Grats.

Congratulations, gnewbury! It's been a long road but anyone who reaches this very significant milestone deserves a round of applause. :)

It will take me at least another year to get there at my current rate, longer if I continue experiencing mishaps...but, I'm heartened to see other team members achieving this goal. It truly is a lasting testament to perseverance, and a lot of hard work.

Boy, do I remember those days!
I'd bet there might be a dozen people on the forum who even remember that project.

'Grats.

oh ya, that was a while ago... i hardly remember that lol

the first million is awesome, then 10, then 20, 30, 40, 50, 100 etc :D

'Grats.
Yeah, If I hadn't pushed to be #1 in g@h for the [H]orde I'd probably gotten here long ago.
Now I've got to set my sites on Flecom. :)
Let's see -
0. Get permission
1, Borg all government computers
10. Retire

Yeah, If I hadn't pushed to be #1 in g@h for the [H]orde I'd probably gotten here long ago.
Now I've got to set my sites on Flecom. :)
Let's see -
0. Get permission
1, Borg all government computers
10. Retire

1000101 :D We had a drunk guy from class figure this out once.

'Grats.

I don't remember where I found them and I can't find them back, but I ended up rather high on the listing for G@H and I still have no clue how. I did the project for a while but it had been going a while before I joined. I figured I would just keep with that project since I had already spent a good amount of time on it. Plus, after my move from in town with cable to out in the boondocks with unreliable dial up, I was better off with G@H and it's reprocessing of the WU you were running to keep things going.

Eventually, the project was canceled of course. At that point I switched over to F@H but it was a real pain to keep things going at times. I didn't actually have to sneakernet but I did run more than one client on my AXP system since it would do better on the regular work units. I had to do this so it was running at all times. When I got home I would turn one or the other client off so it would hopefully finish a WU while I was at home and able to get a connection to send it back and get a new one. This worked out well for the most part. Luckily the other system was a T-Bird so it was just better off running the queued up 10 "timeless tinkers". I would just do a -send all every few days on that machine for small dumps.

It's amazing how I have become spoiled to the always on cable connection. It went out for about three hours earlier and I was about to get on the phone to see what the hell was wrong as I had an SMP unit that's going to be finished soon. I needed to be able to send it back and get a new WU to run and no net connection wasn't going to help me at all. I have a couple instances of the regular client on my not used much Windows installations on this machine but they wouldn't run for much longer than the SMP unit so I couldn't do that just to keep things going.

And since this post really has had nothing to do with the topic. Congrats on the 1 mil. It's always a hell of a milestone.

At my current pace, it will take me just under 100 days to hit 1 million. As I had to rack up my credit card bill more than I cared to over the summer to get by, I won't be getting my C2Q anytime soon so I won't be able to drop that number much. I only have about one more computer I can borg and my friend always screws something up on it and reinstalls Windows so I gave up on keeping that borg even though it should net me 100-150 PPD on the lower end WU's. I don't know, next time I'm over at his place I may try getting it running again since he seems to have his laptop back and spends most of his time on it so there's less chance of him screwing up the desktop.

And I second the sentiment about borging government computers. If I was able to borg my building I could probably give FLECOM a run for his money even with most of the systems only running at most 9 hours a day. Well, except for mine which is only off when the power goes off. But at least it's set to turn back on as soon as the power comes back on.

<snip>
And I second the sentiment about borging government computers. If I was able to borg my building I could probably give FLECOM a run for his money even with most of the systems only running at most 9 hours a day. Well, except for mine which is only off when the power goes off. But at least it's set to turn back on as soon as the power comes back on.

Well what peeves me is that virtually the entire lab system I'm a part of runs the computers 24/7, everybody has to have a dual core 3Ghz, when they could get by with a single p4 1Ghz or less.
/edit - they are run 24/7 so IT can push patches.

I started on G@H and for a while I was in first place. It was because everybody else was starting on F@H and I didn't know about it. Of course I didn't know about the forum either. Yah I am a little slow on the uptake. But I am a good lurker and have learned a thing or two. Congrats on the milestone. A million here, a million there, and pretty soon we are talking some real points!

Congratulations! The first million is the sweetest, but the second million shows dedication.

Keep up the great work.

The goal is now set. To get into the top 100 on the team, you have to have 1 million points. Hope to see you all in a couple months up there.:D

Back