• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Finally a Mobo for me.

Linkz

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 30, 2008
Messages
362
So I'm looking for a Mobo for me. I have an I7, XFX HD5770, 8 Gigs of DDR3 RAM, 620 W PSU,

And I'm wanting to overclock my Mobo and Possibly add a second graphics card. I don't really want to spend more the $200 unless there is a really good one.

USB 3.0 and Sata 6.0 would be nice.

Gigabyte, Asus, or MSI. Which ever has the easiest and most powerful BIOS for OCing.

Give me a few options please.

Message me back if you need more info.
 
Many of the OC-friendly X58 boards that are recommended here cost more than $200.

How much do you know about overclocking?
 
Which i7 do you have? The i7 CPUs comes in two different socket FYI.
 
Many of the OC-friendly X58 boards that are recommended here cost more than $200.

How much do you know about overclocking?

Mostly new, I did overclock my graphics card. And I'm trying to get more into the scene.


Which i7 do you have? The i7 CPUs comes in two different socket FYI.

Doh, I knew that, sorry here it is. Intel Core i7 860 @ 2.80GHz Lynnfield
 
$140 - Asus P7P55D-E Intel P55 ATX Motherboard
$150 - Asus P7P55D Pro Intel P55 ATX Motherboard
$180 - Asus P7P55D-E Pro Intel P55 ATX Motherboard

Starting from the bottom: The D-E Pro has SATA 6Gb/s, USB 3.0, SLI, and Crossfire support. The D-E is the same as the D-E Pro but just lacks SLI support. The D Pro is the same as the D-E Pro but lacks SATA 6Gb/s and USB 3.0.

All are good overclocking motherboards.
 
Liking the Asus P7P55D-E Pro Intel P55 ATX Motherboard. Any other Brands or is Asus best for what I'm looking for?
 
Well there's really only 17 motherboards from 4 different manufacturers that actually meet your requirements:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ption=&Ntk=&CFG=&SpeTabStoreType=&srchInDesc=

The Gigabyte mobo is out since the USB 3.0 ports will downgrade to USB 2.0 if any device is plugged into the second PCI-E x16 slot. Not a fan of Asrock in general and so they rarely get my recommendation. The MSI mobos are all right but don't cost that much less than the Asus. As such, basically, Asus is the go-to brand here for USB 3.0, SATA 6Gb/s, SLI and Crossfire capability.
 
Went ahead and bought the Asus P7P55D-E Pro Intel P55 ATX Motherboard. Thanks Danny.
 
Back
Top