I'm about to pull the trigger on ordering the following:
Asus Maximus Gene III mATX = $159.99 ($139.99 AMIR) - 10% Coupon
Intel Core i5 760 = $208.99
Corsair H50 = $79.99 ($69.99 AMIR)
Arctic Silver 5 = $9.99
2x2GB OCZ Reaper DDR3 1600 = $89.99 ($69.99 AMIR)
Asus Radeon HD 6870 1GB = $239.99
Corsair CMPSU-620HX 620w = $99.99
Western Digital Black Caviar 1TB = $89.99
Shipping = $17.87
Total = $980.79 Shipped ($930.79 AMIR)
All of this is going to be put into a Antec P180 Mini and is going to be overclocked. Aiming for a 4 GHz+ overclock on the i5 760 and 1000 MHz+ overclock on the 6870's core. All of it is color themed based as well (Black and Red) so I don't want to change too much. I want this to be my LAN rig as well so I'm going to spend a lot of time on it to make it look perfect inside.
So overall, do you guys think this would be a good build to game at 1920x1080 and a relatively decent jump from the system in my sig?
Asus Maximus Gene III mATX = $159.99 ($139.99 AMIR) - 10% Coupon
Intel Core i5 760 = $208.99
Corsair H50 = $79.99 ($69.99 AMIR)
Arctic Silver 5 = $9.99
2x2GB OCZ Reaper DDR3 1600 = $89.99 ($69.99 AMIR)
Asus Radeon HD 6870 1GB = $239.99
Corsair CMPSU-620HX 620w = $99.99
Western Digital Black Caviar 1TB = $89.99
Shipping = $17.87
Total = $980.79 Shipped ($930.79 AMIR)
All of this is going to be put into a Antec P180 Mini and is going to be overclocked. Aiming for a 4 GHz+ overclock on the i5 760 and 1000 MHz+ overclock on the 6870's core. All of it is color themed based as well (Black and Red) so I don't want to change too much. I want this to be my LAN rig as well so I'm going to spend a lot of time on it to make it look perfect inside.
So overall, do you guys think this would be a good build to game at 1920x1080 and a relatively decent jump from the system in my sig?