Final Fantasy XIII on steam

no graphical options.. wish I hadnt bought this before i knew what was up. it'll look like garbage on my 27 inch screen.

anybody tried forcing AA through Nvidia?

no graphical options.. wish I hadnt bought this before i knew what was up. it'll look like garbage on my 27 inch screen.

anybody tried forcing AA through Nvidia?

Oh it looks wonderful to me. But you can improve it with this.
http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/?page_id=582

On the Steam forums someone forced 8x AA and a lot of other things in the Nvidia control panel. The new downsampling supposedly works also. They mentioned that FXAA was too blurry in the game though. So if anything try FXAA last.

yo, the fuck is up with this shit lately? 256GB ssd and you can have a max of three or four games installed? the fuck man.

yo, the fuck is up with this shit lately? 256GB ssd and you can have a max of three or four games installed? the fuck man.

The original game took up ~40GB of space on the PS3 version and had to have its videos compressed so that it could fit on the XBox 360's three 8.5GB dual-layered DVDs. Assuming they ported the PS3 build's higher quality cutscenes, the game is going to take up roughly the same amount of space.

I'm not surprised by the lack of graphics options; Square-Enix isn't great with ports. I did expect at least a resolution option though. Granted, I was expecting a locked 720p with upscaling, but not even having that is insane.

The original game took up ~40GB of space on the PS3 version and had to have its videos compressed so that it could fit on the XBox 360's three 8.5GB dual-layered DVDs. Assuming they ported the PS3 build's higher quality cutscenes, the game is going to take up roughly the same amount of space.

I'm not surprised by the lack of graphics options; Square-Enix isn't great with ports. I did expect at least a resolution option though. Granted, I was expecting a locked 720p with upscaling, but not even having that is insane.

and they all look like shit while the real good looking games are usually in between of 8~18gb of size like metro, tomb raider, crysis 3, etc.. bah. hey YO, fucking devs, 10 bit encoded matroska with built in decoder on the game for those videos you lazy ass nerdy ugly fucks! ssds aint cheap!

and they all look like shit while the real good looking games are usually in between of 8~18gb of size like metro, tomb raider, crysis 3, etc.. bah. hey YO, fucking devs, 10 bit encoded matroska with built in decoder on the game for those videos you lazy ass nerdy ugly fucks! ssds aint cheap!

Lol, game size is bad, but the lack of graphics options is the real kicker. I mean 720p why even bother.

Last edited:

On the Steam forums someone forced 8x AA and a lot of other things in the Nvidia control panel. The new downsampling supposedly works also. They mentioned that FXAA was too blurry in the game though. So if anything try FXAA last.
LOL, already was speculating if GeDoSaTo would work earlier in the thread.
I wonder if GeDoSaTo works with this.
I have to clean my frakking hard drive, oh my god... :eek: I am already running a tighter ship as far as space goes, but with all these games being released without using compression I'm going to have to tighten up that ship even more :cool:.

oh goodie. I am giong to try downsampling and some MSAA

Yeah I have a 256GB but I am going to get a second one now.. this is getting crazy.

50-60 gbs?!?! Also I'll wait til they unlock resolutions so I can play in 1440p.

720p videos take up quite a bit of space when you have a ton of them that aren't very compressed.

finally installed my second SSD so I had room for the install lol.

Installed and ran the mod and the game looks stunning now because of it. Much more playable. PSA though don't press ESC because it closes the game entirely lol.

Trying to get this thing to run in borderless window mode.. I have that gestapo thingy installed. Anyone have the default settings for it? I copied someone elses and it doesn't work as well as the default, can't find it anywhere online though.

I think some of you would sit and watch your display just change colors all day as long as it was 1080p and >60 fps. Tired of people bitching about that shit.

Trying to get this thing to run in borderless window mode.. I have that gestapo thingy installed. Anyone have the default settings for it? I copied someone elses and it doesn't work as well as the default, can't find it anywhere online though.
Delete the config file and GeDoSaTo should generate a new default one the next time you start it.

I think some of you would sit and watch your display just change colors all day as long as it was 1080p and >60 fps. Tired of people bitching about that shit.

I have a 27 inch monitor and the picture quality is really bad at that resolution at least for me. Sorry man. No harm in modding though this game looks beautiful at 4k.

I can somewhat tolerate the 720p when its on my HTPC, because my TV can do 720p. On my PC it looks like ass at 720p. But the stutter and drops in framerate make it unplayable for me.

Back