Final Fantasy XIII on steam

It was gorgeous on PS3, can only imagine what it will look like on PC.

Awesome news. Wouldn't mind seeing Lightning and Fang again in HD. Though I've played it on the PS3, I've yet to do the more difficult achievements such as 5 star all missions.

I'm surprised we see this first before FF X or FF XII. I'll get XII immediately if they put it on Steam, it's the only "modern" FF game I've yet to play

Last edited:
XI is the MMORPG and it has been on Steam for years. Do you mean XII? Would love to see a version of XII on Steam that comes with both the original version and International version.

I am very happy to see the FF catalogue slowly being added to Steam. Was IX released yet? I think it is just III, IV (DS version, just released this week), VII, VIII, and XIII now.

XI is the MMORPG and it has been on Steam for years. Do you mean XII? Would love to see a version of XII on Steam that comes with both the original version and International version.

I am very happy to see the FF catalogue slowly being added to Steam. Was IX released yet? I think it is just III, IV (DS version, just released this week), VII, VIII, and XIII now.

Ah, yes, lol. My bad. I meant XII. For some reason I missed that FF until I got the PS3, and by then with so many new games I just skipped XII.

Final Fantasy IV (remake) is on Steam right now.

I still have yet to play XIII-2 and 3. May have to jump on these for PC now.

As much as I dislike the game, I'm tempted to get it just for the possibility of KH3 and FFXV making it onto PC. I just hope this port has a few graphics settings aside from "adjust resolution"; preferably a view distance slider to fix the original's poor view, AA options, and AF. If not, I'm sure someone will make a mod.

FFXIII is the first Final Fantasy I never finished and made me give up the serie for good (or atleast thats what I tell myself). The bullshit just started to reek too much. Thanks but no thanks. Remake VI and even IX on PC and I will get them on a spot but I'd rather have my finger nails pulled than suffer this atrocity up again. Jesus Christ the game was bad...

Wow, wasn't expecting that. If nothing else Square seems to want to push this, so I might just purchase to support them, even though I HATE Final Fantasy: Autobattle Edition.

I totally enjoyed the battle system, fast paced and gorgeous to look at. It was that dismal straight corridor level design that blew.

Interesting...I played the first one and it wasn't too bad. Couldn't be bothered to try out the second or third but if they're coming out on the PC I may have to pick them up.

The only thing that really bothers me is the whole Doom counter for the third game. Was it as bad as it sounds? I like to take my time playing RPGs instead of being rushed. Same reason I never bought Dead Rising 3.

I'm playing the third right now. Whereas the first was linear to a fault, Lightning Returns feels way too unfocused so far. The timer doesn't seem too bad, since I re-started on Easy (Normal is HARD) I seem to have too much free time.

I hate Lightning.
I'm the in the camp of "who asked for this?"
But if it means FFXV is coming to Steam in the future, whatever, sell that shit, I ain't buying, but I'll buy XV.

FFXIII is a terrible FF game. And they made 2 more following that formula....with that "exciting" protag...
I cant wait for XV.

Only reason why I was ever thinking about buying a PS4 was for FF XV and MGSV, I hope FF XV goes in this direction too which means I don't have to shell out $400 for a console! No more console exclusives please!!! =D

Hopefully XIII-2 and Lightning returns get released soon. I played XIII and thought it was meh, but at $16 I might get it to replay it.

Nicely priced as well.....only problem is I have never been able to motivate myself to finish any FF game I have ever started, and everything I have read about FFXIII suggests that it is painfully slow and laborious.

XII was the last one I played through as well. Nice open world, free travel between areas, explore previously beaten areas for hidden items. XIII absolutely killed it for me, and it looks like it's getting even worse.

You clearly haven't played any sequels.

You omitted the most important part of that sentence, where I trash on lightning.
Thx for your knee jerk post. It doesnt matter, all the Lightning games are trash because of Lightning and her comically designed retarded friends.

Lightning wasn't even the protagonist in the 13-2, she maybe had a total of 15 minutes cut-scene time and a DLC that was a single fight.

Lightning wasn't even the protagonist in the 13-2, she maybe had a total of 15 minutes cut-scene time and a DLC that was a single fight.

We are talking about 3 games. I'm generalizing.
Shes an awful character. Like a female Squall..

Nicely priced as well.....only problem is I have never been able to motivate myself to finish any FF game I have ever started, and everything I have read about FFXIII suggests that it is painfully slow and laborious.

For me I did not feel like the game was longer than previous titles, at least for the main quest. There are many side quest missions that were meant to be played post game, but I guess those who wanted to complete the bulk of it prior to beating the final boss would have to painfully grind levels. Otherwise grinding isn't necessary to complete the main storyline.

Played XIII for about 1.5 hours 3 or 4 years ago. Couldn't be bothered to continue.

Pc doesn't get many jrpg's i can see the demand for them. Though the characters in this particular series are among the worst ever conceived.

Pc doesn't get many jrpg's i can see the demand for them. Though the characters in this particular series are among the worst ever conceived.

It's just Lightening that is really bad. Vanille and Hope get MUCH better as the game goes on. Snow, Sazh, and Fang are cool. The lot of them are better than most of FFVIII's cast, especially Squall. I'd argue that most of them are better than Cloud as well, but I don't particularly like Cloud.

for 7 year old games you are right!

You mean a 4 year old game, along with the sequels only released in 2012 and this year :rolleyes:

Don't be surprised when FFXV gets a simultaneous PC release. This combined with MGSV being confirmed leaves very few console exclusives to give a damn about.

You mean a 4 year old game, along with the sequels only released in 2012 and this year :rolleyes:

Don't be surprised when FFXV gets a simultaneous PC release. This combined with MGSV being confirmed leaves very few console exclusives to give a damn about.

yea i think FFXV on PC is likely scenario
maybe KH3 as well? :D

I was so disappointed with 13....I pre-ordered and bought a PS3 just for that game after 10 and 12 being to fantastic on the PS3..

what a pile of shit it was....

Kinda wish the OP said this was COMING TO Steam soon. The wording makes it seem like this is already out.

Bad game or not, I'm all for JRPGs coming to PC

Fuck it I bought it. Hopefully I paid little to no attention to the story the first time I played it. Hopefully this helps bring other final fantasy games to the PC.

I'll buy if it supports Dual Audio, but from the Steam Page's Notice, I have a feeling this is like Metal Gear Rising where it only supports English dub. Not sure though, since they still list Japanese audio on the right side.

It's okay for FFXIII -- at least English cast wasn't horrible like MGR and whiney ass English Raiden -- but it's nice to have the COMPLETE game when disk space is no longer an excuse. And I have both versions on PS3 (all parts), but would be great to play with even better graphics on PC since that's mainly what was good about XIII: the visuals, not much else. That and I never got past the end of Part 1, just because of lack of time, so it'd be nice to have both options for replay purposes.

that's mainly what was good about XIII: the visuals, not much else. That and I never got past the end of Part 1, just because of lack of time, .

i enjoyed combat and music mainly..now that story... lolllllllll

Back