Final Fantasy VII coming to US PSN

Hey, you never know. Maybe they're releasing it soon to spice up an imminent announcement. ;)

They released SFA on PSN just before SF4 came out, after all.

they will remake it i think, just a matter of time, a LONG time

Why is there so much hypetrain to remake this, is it because the graphics are so ugly at this point? I can't really think of anything that a remake brings other than improved graphics.

Good news, but I'm more interested in the other square games on the Japanese PSN like Einhander, Bushido Blade and Xenogears. Although if I didn't have my FF7 discs still, I would be pumped.

Maybe they're releasing it soon to spice up an imminent announcement. ;)

The most likely reason is to ride on the Advent Children release.

That said, they will re-make 7 someday, its just a matter of time. They've already re-made 1 - 5 and I believe they have a remake of 6 in the works. 6 has already been re-translated at least twice...

Why is there so much hypetrain to remake this, is it because the graphics are so ugly at this point? I can't really think of anything that a remake brings other than improved graphics.

A fully composed sound track to go with it would be epic IMO. FF7 has some of the best VG music of all time... Listening to the soundtrack right now as a matter of fact. :D

but they will probably add in voice acting and some more CG scenes.

All this of course is if they ever do it.

I'm guessing that this is Sony's "mega-ton", and that it will be out Thursday.

Why? Because Advent Children Complete gets released tomorrow. When that happened in Japan, FF7 came out on PSN shortly after.

Back