Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Final Fantasy 12

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Final Fantasy 13

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Superfly3176

Supreme [H]ardness
Just started replaying through this game the other night. Just fought beatrix for the first time, I forgot how much I love this game. So anyway what's your favorite final fantasy and why?

I don't have a favorite since I have really enjoyed all the ones I've played :)

Toss up between 4 and 6 for me. I could wax rhapsodic for paragraphs on end about both of these games, but in the end, I think 4 would be my choice

Think I'll sustain from voting for now because I haven't played all of them but I was just thinking to myself a few days ago how I should dig out all the Playstation releases and play them, especially the ones I haven't played all the way through.

Has Final Fantasy III been released on a non-portable/mobile platform in the US? Also preferably not a 3D remake as well.

IX! :D Though it's a game I can't play withou feeling kind of sad...the story and stuff. FVII has comedy sections (aerith dying) to stop it from having the same aura). It's also like the older games in setting and character (mainly because amano designed it).

I wish theyd stop Tetsuya Nomura from designing characters. He really doesn't have any ideas, and those he does he seems to "borrow". All of his people seem to just be...well...generic people with not much in the way of variety.

I liked XII too because of the way the world felt more rounded and "real". But I never used the main guy because he was a pain in the ass. Not finished IV/V/XIII nor played XIV or XI because I hate MMORPGs.

If we're talking Final Fantasy, I think Final Fantasy X was their best game. I think the best game Square has ever made was Xenogears.

I got a playstation and FFVII for christmas in 6th grade (97). I had always casually enjoyed RPGs growing up, but 7 got me hooked. Everything about the game was amazing to me.

I must have spent a year doing everything possible in that game. Nothing since has captured me quite like that first play through.

I'd say its a tossup between 4 and 6 (2 and 3 US), with a slight nod to 6 (3).

Such a great game. I'd LOVE to see them re-do the entire storyline start to finish with today's graphics.

But of course, they'd wind up changing something and we'd all hate it. So I guess its for the best :D

Played FF1, 2, 4, 6, and 7. Plus FFT, FFTA, FFTA2.

FFTA, and FF6 are my top fave Final Fantasy games ever.

Never played 10, barely played 12 but I loved it. Hoping they remake 12 when they remake 10 for PS3.

Of the ones I have played: 6>7>4>9>1>5>8>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>13

I guess I liked 9 also even though I was never able to finishes it. Make sure you spend time leveling up ALL the characters or you risk getting stuck later on in the game when they force you to use people you may or may not have used before. I got screwed at like the end of disc 3 or the beginning of disc 4 ( can't remember)

Haven't beaten ANY of them but IX and VII were most interesting to me. I also have XII but bleh.

Haven't beaten ANY of them but IX and VII were most interesting to me. I also have XII but bleh.

7 and X are fairly easy to beat, both of them, you do gotta sink in the hours to play it though.

I been playing IX on my PSP slowly again. Still love it just as much as the first time.

Going to fire up 8 after I finish it. Wish SE could put out something like these and quit trying to change things so much.

Last edited:
FFX because it was the first Final fantasy I ever played and got me hooked to FF games. TBH I didn't quite get the story, I was like 13 when I played it and it was very confusing. I played it again like when I was 16 or 17 and really understood the story after that play and man the story is my favorite out of all of them because it's a sad ending. I think it is also the first game I ALMOST had a tear.

FFX because it was the first Final fantasy I ever played and got me hooked to FF games. TBH I didn't quite get the story, I was like 13 when I played it and it was very confusing. I played it again like when I was 16 or 17 and really understood the story after that play and man the story is my favorite out of all of them because it's a sad ending. I think it is also the first game I ALMOST had a tear.

Stop lying you pussy, we all know you cried!:p

Mine was FF8. I played that one first, then 7, 9, and left off at 10 at like just before fighting the last boss (I did the same thing with Xenosaga Ep 2 dunno why that is...). Xenosaga 2 and FFX, last Square games I've played.

And kudos to Xenogears add to that Vagrant Story and Chrono Cross.

Xenogears is the only game to bring me close to tears. I thought the FFX ending was stupid and never did like the main characters. Yuna has to be the worst girl character they ever came up with. I cant stand her monotonousness dialog and voice. I quite disappointed the chose that game to bring to vita, but i guess it must be an easy port, considering the hardware.

Tidus reminds me of Shinji from Neon Genesis Evangelion. I can't stand pussy/androgynous main characters. Haven't played another SquareEnix game since. (I still dont know if the characters from XII are boys or girls. Oh well, not interested enough to go find out either. SE hasn't made one worthy RPG this generation, IMO. JRPGS have been a a huge rut for some years now....)

Not to derail the thread or anything, Xenoblade is the RPG i've waited this whole gen for. Pretty pathetic that most developers forgot how to make a real RPG. It's sad really....

So glad VI is on top. I would've liked to see IV at #2, but VII is alright. Surprised not one vote for V, that one was cool

X at #3 is UNACCEPTABLE... I hated that game, frickin annoying characters ;)

would love to see more votes though

VI > IV > X > IX

VI and IV are so good, easily top 2 IMHO.
The only thing edging VI over IV for me is characters. I love the characters of VI. All of them. Heroes, villains...everyone.

I grew up in love with Terra and Celes. (crushes on both)
Kefka is still the greatest FF villain IMHO.
Sabin's Bum Rush was FTMFW. :D I still crack up everytime I see that.

I did love IX though, especially Garnet and Vivi.

I loved X as well (sacrilegious, I know). Loved Lulu and Auron. (crush on Lulu)
Hated the Blitzball part, loved the Sphere and the combat system. Combat system was what kept me loving X. Seeing where your turns were, being able to use Haste and Hastega to gain more turns; that was awesome.

Finished I. Not much of a story in I though that I can recall (it's been a long time though).
I hated VII. I can't believe people love VII and hate X. :confused:
One of these days I'll play VIII. (my wife loved VIII)

Last edited:
Ability/Equipment system? Final Fantasy XII without question.
Stat system? Final Fantasy VIII because junctioning was sooo fucking OP.
Battle system? I'm going to go VIII again. Aura, interactive special moves, and gorgeous GM cinematics = win
Story? Final Fantasy VI / III without question. It just polarizes me every time I play it.

Best FF not on the list, is tactics. And the one I find myself replaying most I think heh

I will definitely be replaying FFX upon re-release, when is it due out?

Battle system? I'm going to go VIII again. Aura, interactive special moves, and gorgeous GM cinematics = win

Honestly, I'd say best battle system goes to FFX-2 hands down. No one has much good to say about the game, but the battle system is quick, deep and fun. The best use of "jobs" in any FF game.

Back