• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Final Build: tonight is the night, need final OKs

Arlichte

n00b
Joined
Sep 5, 2007
Messages
15
Ok guys. The time has come, I'm going to order tonight. Here is my stuff:

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16811129021
-Antec 900. The case I hear alot about. Cooling is good, roomy, and pretty. It should do

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16813188013
-EVGA Mobo. Will go with the card well, and heard OCers like it. I'll OC in the future myself, but I have a few freinds that love it.

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16814130072
-eVGA 8800GTX. Card is very powerfull for what I need. Great at games, DX10, and will serve nicely for Video rendering and encoding.

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16817256009
-Silverstone PSU. 750wand SLi certified should be great for what I need. No SLi yet, but will be enough power for and if I do. And Silverstone is a great brand.

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16819115017
-Intel Core 2 Quad - Graphics will be at my mercy. Not as good for gaming, but Mullti core applications (Adobe anyone?) will be great.

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16820231087
-G.Skill 2g ram. Nice voltage and timings, and at a good price. I can order more if I get 64bit windows.

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16821104104
-Floppy drive and card reader. 20 buck...fine.

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16822148140
-Seagate 320gb SATA. Decent price, and good ratings. This will work.

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16827106073
-LiteON burner. Cheap, SATA, and lightscribe. Good ratings as well. And I do love my Lightscribe

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16835100007
-Artic Silver. They are out of stock on the MX-1 and 2, but it sure beats the stock crap.

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16835186134
-CPU fan. Had decent ratings, works better than stock, and nice price. Better is out there, but this will work fine.

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16899261005
-Static Wrist. Not arguing about this. Its better, and 5 bucks.


There we go. I got a Mouse, CRT, and Keyboard already. I'll upgrade during Christmas and Thanksgiving. So what does everyone think? I really need to know the "OMG NOs" and if the componants will work together.

I plan to order tonight, so I'll check in every so often.

Thank you once again,
-Andrew
 
At least get the $35 Scythe Ninja Plus Rev B. The ACF 7 Pro is only a notch above stock cooling, and quads get hot.

You can probably get the PSU cheaper from www.deadeyedata.com, zipzoomfly, or clubit. Look around.
 
Over all it looks good but I'd change a couple things.

Case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119137
IMHO this is a better case I have it and it roxors my soxors, I've heard from a couple people who weren't totally happy with their 900, both are great cases tho.

Mobo: http://www.clubit.com/product_detail.cfm?itemno=A4841007&CMP=EMC-B2S2091307
I like the P35 chipset better than the 680i both are good but I'd definitely choose the P35 over the 680i.

Video: http://www.clubit.com/product_detail.cfm?itemno=A9670532&CMP=EMC-B2S2091307
Cheaper!

CPU: http://www.clubit.com/product_detail.cfm?itemno=CA1938452
Just be sure to get G0 and you'll be fine.

Memory: http://www.clubit.com/product_detail.cfm?itemno=A4343475&CMP=EMC-B2S2091307
Good deal on memory.

CPU cooler: http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=10005496&ps=ho4
Awesome deal and it should be better than you ac freezer 7.

Those are really the only things I'd change. Of course this is all IMHO and your build looks good as it is but you might be able to find better deals on a couple things (unless you must order from the egg) at other websites. This is all just off the top of my head PM me with any questions I'll be around for a couple more hours. :D
 
Go with silent-circuit's cooler and the rest looks good.

Don't bite on that PNY GPU.
 
Ok. What about modular cables? I have seen that people really recommend it with the Antec 900, simply because it is a bit smaller. But it cools well and the 8800GTX fits in it. I have about a 1600 buget from my insurance company.

I know I have time for some MX-2 later when I OC then. For now though I don't know how, so I'll leave it stock. Plus NE is out of stock, so its Silver or crap.

RAM is found on the eVGA site to match in their compatibility. If its there, I'm more secure buying it. Plus, nice timings and Voltage. Sweet deal.

Kinda brain dead, so thats all I got for now.
-Andrew

(PS-Proberbly going to look into that PSU more. By chance cooter, what would be the difference in the Pins? What controls what?)
 
Back
Top