Fillport

sl1982

Limp Gawd
Hey guys just wondering if a fillport is really necessary for a watercooling loop or can i just fill up the resevoir? The website is out of stock on fillports and i dont want to wait any longer to get my first wc setup up and running

They are all nice. Pick the one that will best fit your planned layout.

The U brackets on the swiftech are a major pain to install. In order to bend the bracket enough to crush the rubber washer enough that the tip of the screw threads makes contact with the threads of the retention nut took about 60lbs of force. This type of implementation was obnoxious enough on the GT waterblock but with a res is completely uncalled for since there's absolutely zero danger from having an extra 8th of an inch of screw sticking out the side.

forget looks, a fillport you use when you're filling and thats it! then the cap goes on the res and you're good. get either a small funnel, or if you have a turkey baster lying around take the bulb off that and use the tube and a measuring cup.

for what its worth i have tried using the fill ports and didnt care for it. the last 3 machines i have built have used the reservoir to fill up.
i just use a 1 foot piece of tubing, thread a fitting into an extra coolant lid and attach the hose and squeeze the fluid in. if that makes sense, if not ill throw a picture up.

i have had better luck with this.

Filport and one of those big syringes at petco for dog / cat medicines makes filling a breeze. If you
have a window for your case then you won't have to worry about removing the side panel to see if your reservoir is filled up as well.

just use your res and a funnel, one tip though, also install a t-line wiht about 6"of tubbing and a plug on the bottom of your loop (as low as possible) so you can drain easier. I did this after the first time I had to drain and it makes life nicer, just bring it to the sink, pop out the tubbing plug and it drains out of the little t-line very quickly.

Oh yah, also consider putting a T at the lowest part of the loop, and plug it up of course. This makes
draining a lot easier.

The U brackets on the swiftech are a major pain to install. In order to bend the bracket enough to crush the rubber washer enough that the tip of the screw threads makes contact with the threads of the retention nut took about 60lbs of force. This type of implementation was obnoxious enough on the GT waterblock but with a res is completely uncalled for since there's absolutely zero danger from having an extra 8th of an inch of screw sticking out the side.

The reason for the rubber washers is to protect the plastic from shearing forces of the metal bracket, as well as to isolate the mount from vibrations as best as possible.. It has nothing to do with the screws sticking out.

Honestly the only res that actually DOES the job of removing air quickly and properly IS the swiftech mcres micro.

Back