• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

filco question

canon.tk

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 26, 2010
Messages
355
I'm currently using an IBM membrane keyboard and I'm looking to upgrade to a much better one. The problem is that I'm not sure which type of switch would be best for me.

I would like something that has a similar feel to it so I'd think a Black Switch would be best but then I read about how the keys are harder to press down. The fingers in my left hand get sore enough as it is mashing a membrane keyboard over and over, not sure if Black switches would make it worse.

So maybe the Browns would be better? But then I really don't want a bump on the keys since I'll primarily be using it to play games.

Really wish I could test them out before I buy!
 
Cherry MX red switches are linear, but use the same springs as those found in brown switches (less force required).

They're basically the best of both worlds, however as far as I know Filco doesn't use them in any of their keyboards.

My suggestion would be to try a Filco keyboard with black switches and if you find that the actuation force is too high, sell it (they have high resale value) and find a keyboard that has the reds (easier said than done). My guess is that the blacks will be fine.
 
I have a Filco brown, and the tactile bumps are very slight. Unless you have a *very* light touch you will probably barely notice them, IMHO.
 
Back
Top